Status: Hiatus, maybe? Gets updated very slowly.

100 Ways

#9

9. Talk to the Person You Like

I'm serious. It works. It totally makes you happy. Well, depending on what you say and whether you embarrassed yourself or not but I'm rambling.

If you feel sad, sometimes I feel the best way to feel happy is to talk to the person you like. If you're like me...you're the kind of person that is totally shy when it comes to talking to the person you like. If you can actually talk to the person without problems, I'm extremely jealous of you and I really need you as my friend and teach me how to do that. But anyway...yeah, just talk to the person you really like.

Don't like anybody? Talk to someone you think is cute. Don't think anybody is cute? There's something wrong with you. (I'm joking, I love you all.) As I said before, I'm serious about this. It seems that when you talk to a person you're attracted to, you get an exhilarated and accomplished feeling. Then there's the terrified tingle in your heart if they give you a look that shows they're not interested...or worse: If you say something completely stupid. I will tell you now: if you are completely worried you'll say something dumb, you will say something dumb. Trust me, it's happened many times to me. If you say something dumb and they see that your face shows it, they will either: (A) think its cute and smile at you, or, (B) think you're really stupid and pathetic. I've had both. Both left me mortified. Just don't worry about it. Be yourself and just go with the flow. Make sure you don't talk too much or too little. I learned if a person talks too much, the other will quickly be annoyed. If a person talks too little, the other will think they're shy. Be confident.

I talked to the guy I like. It was the most horrible and embarrassing and best day of my life. He was so nice to me. I made a complete idiot out of myself. You know what I did? I'll tell you what I did. Don't care? Whatever, I'm saying anyway. I stumbled over my words, I almost fell out of my seat, and I tripped over dirt when we were walking each other to class. I tripped over dirt. Over dirt. How dumb is that? Who trips over dirt? Alex does, apparently. Every time I did something stupid, he just laughed or smiled at me and didn't even say anything about it. Most guys tease me with my clumsiness or they make fun of what I wear. Most guys I know make fun of my Hello Kitty bags and tell me I'm so weird. He said he really liked my bag; said it seemed "so Alex."

But the entire time I was talking to him, and after, I got this rush. Adrenaline? Could be. My heart was just beating faster and faster with accomplishment. I made a fool out of myself and he just smiled. My fingertips were tingling with excitement. My face was stuck in a permanent smile for the rest of the day. The best feeling of it all...the feeling of wanting to do it again.

Sure, the feeling is nothing compared to bungee jumping or something, but isn't just exciting? Bungee jumping lasts for a while. But talking to the person you like? That could last for a long time. That one stumbled over conversation could morph into a strong relationship. And if that relationship forms, you'll think to yourself Thank God I actually talked to them...

Now be honest: would you be happy?
You know you would. Yeah, you would.