Status: Hiatus. I just don't have any drive to finish this sucker. Sorry guys.

Rich Man

My daunting smile provoked him into action, dancing at the tips of my fingers. He clutched a rueful fist and glared daggers in my smug direction, his apprehensive demeanor music to my waiting eyes. “Lex is my best friend… She and I aren’t… You know. She’s just trying to help me keep seeing this other girl under wraps.”

“Tera?”

His jaw fell unhinged as I dropped her name from my lips with a serpentine half smile. “How did you…”

“You wouldn’t go through so much trouble to cover up seeing anyone else.”

He studied me now, silently, hushed at the idea that I knew his secrets; that I could end him at the drop of the slightest word. I didn’t hesitate to ask the questions that had been burning in the back of my mind from the moment I had first heard her name. She was the spark that ignited the gunpowder barrel that burst the proverbial ship to pieces. I had worked tirelessly to manipulate everyone, to mold their mind into specific shapes capable of locking together and withstanding even the most severe of storms. But if I wasn't careful, all of my work could completely lapse and not only will I have destroyed a family, torn apart and thrust into a sense of vacuous betrayal, but I will have also ruined the purpose of my entire life.

No pressure.


-

Short description lyrics belong to Every Avenue.
The lyrics in the banner are mine. The plot is mine. However, the story is all for Manda.