Sweet Little Sister

Sweet little sister

“Oh fuck, look at you!” shouted Rachel.

I had managed to sneak backstage, from the back entrance of the building. Joe was waiting in the line and would get in easily once they guys would see me. Nobody was complaining, all the women around him were drooling anyway, I was actually proud being his girlfriend and envious that all those whores were checking him out.

My brother and I embraced in a tight hug. It had only been a couple of months and even though we pretended to despise each other, I had missed him and he had missed me.

I greeted the rest of them, Snake, Scotti, Rob… Sebastian wasn’t there. They all had their instruments ready to go, tuned to perfection and rambling on about the set-list, while I was scanning the area for him.
Maybe it was just me wanting to see him for one last time… or just plain curiosity. But it was disturbing that I couldn’t find him, I desperately wanted to see that tall, skinny guy with the loud voice, taunting people and making dumb jokes. I was keen on letting him hit on me or make a vulgar comment while Rachel wasn’t listening.

I wouldn’t mind one last kiss.

“Baby…”

The word had been dragged out for a purpose. To tease, to torture, to remind past times maybe? My eyes flickered and everything was in slow-motion, the edges were blurring, making my vision seem like some artsy cult movie. Fuck you Sebastian, I wanted to say.

His eyes were big and glossy and the lips were the way I remembered them to be. It seemed like he was holding back. I myself was getting bouncy, this was like an adrenaline rush, except I hadn’t consumed anything at all.

“Hi… how are things?” I finally asked.

“Good.”

Before the conversation could go anywhere, some idiot started screaming to the people backstage. He was ragging on about the show starting. Sebastian looked at me and smiled weakly, prancing towards the door.

Rachel gave me a tight squeeze on the shoulder, before handing me a laminated pass, one for me, one for my plus one, in my case, Joe. I sighed and walked back from where I came from, pushing people aside as I managed to get my way back to the entrance, finding my man very much alarmed by a group of girls dressed in what only could be swimsuits. I reached my arm out to him, handing him his pass and he was at last allowed in, despite the complaints of the women out there. I had been nice and kept my cool so far, I could get used to that.

“That was agonizingly horrible to say the least,” he grunted as we walked around backstage. I found an unsupervised beer and settled close to a couch, where I could see the stage and hear the crowd go wild, literally go berserk.

It was a hypnotizing view, the steady drums beats were counting down to the intro of a song, Rachel’s bass started pounding into my heart, becoming one with my heart beats. It was like being sucked into the music; it was raw and it was heavy and not anything like I remembered. They did have some ballads but I loved them for what they really were, much more heavy metal than your typical glam metal bands.
There was a little smile playing across my face until he pranced onstage, claiming everything and owning it. Because he simply could. A shake of the hips, his voice, his attitude, it made the girls squeal and the guys be envious. He was like a golden god out there, doing what he was born to do… terrorize and torture and make people dream. He was everything a girl could ask for, a man to cling upon like arm candy, just having him would be a privilege, no matter what the consequences are.

And even when his physique faded, you could still hear his voice. He demanded the attention… He said hello and fired up the crowd. He shouted his thanks and introduced his band even though everybody tonight knew them.

He started singing the lyrics into some song I didn’t know.

“She got her hands in the cookie jar
Smiling like an alligator
Makin' headlines in the back of her car
Tight-lipped now but sink ships later

I know a thing or two about a -- sweet little sister
Her mama kill her if she knew what she do -- sweet little sister
She'll love ya black and blue -- sweet little sister
Mona Lisa with a new tattoo
She's my sweet little -- sweet little sister…”


My gasp was inaudible as I stood up quickly, not knowing what to do. I glanced at Joe, he was reading some magazine on the dirty god-awful couch, despite the noise around him.

I couldn’t believe it. The bastard wrote a song about me. How fucking dare he? Was it nothing to him that Rachel could easily know now? Oh fuck, Rachel knew then… unless he thought that Sebastian wrote it about his own sister, if he had one of course. Paranoia was racing through me; I took a big sip of my beer and sat back down, closing my eyes and waiting until Sebastian was here so I could slap him.

The show went on, they even played a ballad or two, getting romantic while chicks were bawling their eyes out and couples were making out vigorously. I stayed put, taping my foot nervously on the floor while Joe declared he was going to walk around. I felt bad for dragging him out here… but this was the time to settle things.

There was a deafening cry from the crowd as Rob banged on his drums, ending the show. I bit my lip, awaiting. The first to come out, probably to score the best chicks, was Sebastian of course. He caught sight of me and sauntered towards me.

“Where’s your boyfriend?” he asked playfully.

“Where’s your girlfriend?” I said, glaring at him. He looked down at me, grinning like a kid. Like a very sweaty kid.

“Listen baby… you and I… are explosive together. If things were different, I would have been with you.”

I let my hand touch his hair tips, unable of looking him in the eye. “If things were different… that’s what you tell every girl. You’re a dick, you really are an asshole.”

My words came out as whispers, not as intimidating as I had hoped.

“You are not like the girls I’ve met. You act like… a guy but with the looks of a beautiful fucking woman. And when you let it show, you have the kindness of a child.”

I punched him in the stomach, he was shirtless anyway and he leaned down, clashing his lips against mine in a reunion kiss that was going to be our last, I was sure of that. Everything was clear in my head while I felt his tongue trace familiar patterns in my mouth.

“I hate you for writing that song you know,” I laughed after pulling apart.

“What song?” he asked, scratching his head and reaching to the chair, grabbing a towel to wipe the sweat.

“Sweet Little Sister, what did Rachel say about it?”

For a moment, he stared at me intensily. “Rachel wrote the whole song baby.”

I stood there, like a statue, motionless. Joe reemerged, holding a bag of chips and juice. He saw that I was standing there like an idiot while Sebastian drifted off somewhere.

There was shouting and laughing as the gang of baboons came into full view. Scotti, Snake, Rob and last but not least, Rachel. I grabbed him by the arm, despite how disgusting and wet he was from all the sweating. I pulled him away from everybody and pushed him against the wall.

“Explain, now.”

“Well… sorry. I guess we’ll try and be better next time?” he mumbled, looking at his feet.

“Not that you idiot!” I shouted, lightly slapping his arm. “The song. That travesty of a song!”

He smirked. “Oh… the song. Well, you would have been asking me that question earlier if you had listened to the album.”

“You knew? You knew all this fucking time and said nothing? You actually let me go through all this and you didn’t care? You didn’t mind that I was fucking with your singer, your friend?”

“Baby… its not that I didn’t care. Of course I was fucking pissed. But you learned your lesson, didn’t you? He wasn’t THE guy, he clearly wasn’t your other half.”

I sighed. “But why did you let this happen? My heart broke…”

“Yeah… but you learned. And you know what, even if you didn’t learn anything about relationships, you did find out one thing…”

“What?”

“That you’ll be my little sister, always… and nothing will ever change that. I am here to watch your ass forever and keep an eye on every creep that comes near you.”

I smiled. “You scare me when you act all smart like that.”

“And that was my cue for some booze. Come on, let’s go have a blast, for old time’s sake.” Before I could say yes or no, he grabbed me and flung me over his shoulder while the rest of them ganged up and smacked my ass like it was a piece of meat.

“I’m a pterodactyl!” Snake screamed at the top of his lungs while chasing Rob around.

“Wait there douchebag!” I said laughing. “I gotta bring my fiancé with me as well!”

Rachel put me down. He turned very slowly.

“Your. Fucking. What?”

Some things never changed with this family. Ah well…
♠ ♠ ♠
The end...
oh wow, I don't think I did this justice but I had to finally update with the last chapter. Thanks to all you guys for waiting so patiently! I LOVE YOU ALL!