The Discovery

The Discovery

The kitchen floor in the Wilson's house was black and white tiles. These tiles were layed perfectly straight and ran across the vast room diagonally. The pattern, one black, one white, one black, one white, streached all over the visible floor and disappeared under the cupboards. The worktop lined every wall of the huge room, leaving a space for the tall fridge that had the dark looking granite effect to match the black oven and tie in with the real granite worktop. The sink was under the large window which had a black roller blind fitted into the frame. The sink itself was spotless, as was the rest of the room. A persons reflection was mirrored effortlessly in any one of the many cupboard doors. The chrome effect on the handles were capable of the same. The granite worktop was free of dirty dishes or anything else that could clutter the perfect room, only the full fruit bowl sat in the space between the sink and cooker underneath the wall units full of glasses of all shapes and sizes but arranged neathly into order to they looked like art.
Carrie looked around the room, taking in every little detail. She went over to one of the white cupboard doors and was startled to see someone staring back at her. She lifted her hand gently and placed it on the shiney surface. She moved it away again instantly as she realised the small blonde haired girl staring back at her did the same. Turning her head to the side very slowly once again she watched the girl do the same. Feeling a little more confident Carrie returned one finger to the shiney surface. Getting the idea that her new found friend would do exactly what she did Carrie continued to lift her finger on and off the door. The more often she did it the more amused she became, eventually shreiking eith laughter and happiness due to her amusment at her identical companion. Carrie turned her head to the side again and something in the shiney surface caught her eye. Turning her back to her friend she looked across the kitchen floor and to the dining room table. Now sitting on the floor Carrie bent forward onto her hands and knees. Her eyes set on her new destination, she crawled out of the kitchen and towards the tall brown monster with lots of big thick feet that watched the little girl from the next room. As Carrie reached the kitchen doorway she noticed a change in feeling under her hands and knees. She looked away from the big brown, thick footed, monster that was now only feet away from her. to look down at the ground. Her hands rested on a thick, deep piled, cream carpet, her knees were still on the hard, cold, clean kitchen tiles. Likeing the feeling of the soft, fluffy white thing her hands rested on, she crawled on. Only to pause a few steps later and stare up at the monster standing infront of her. The table was made of thick beech wood. Four chairs sat round it, one at the top, one at the bottom and one on either side. The chairs were dark brown leather with white stiching. Carrie watched the monster infront of her very closely, it watched her back. She let out a small wimper as the monster won their staring contest. As she looked away, Carrie caught sight of something that looked particularly interesting. A large green bowl stood in the corner of the room with a thick green stem and leaves branching out of the brown. Without hesitation Carrie crawled away from the watchful eye of the dining room monster and into the corner where the plant stood in it's green plastic pot. Once out of the monsters view, using the green bown as a handle, Carrie pulled herself onto her feet only to wobble and fall down into a sitting position. However in the process of falling, Carrie had not let go of the green bowl, thus bringing the pot and it's contents onto the cream dining room carpet. Shreiking once more with laughter and joy. Carrie now sat in a large compost pile, flattening it into the clean fluffy carpet without knowing she was doing it. Her once pink baby grow was now black and her blonde hair brushed with mud.
Seeing no amusement in the mess she'd created, Carrie lent forward and crawled through the moist dirt and past her think brown monster, under the archway into the living room. This room was large and had two black think cussioned sofas on two of it's walls. An electric fireplace with a marble surround framed the empty wall. The black framed flat screen television stood on a glass stand which held hundreds of DVD's. Carrie's toys were scattered across the room, she looked at the only for a second, they were of no interest, they didn't do anything. She crawled further into the living room passed the first sofa only to stop when a famillar face met her in the living room door. The expression on the face Carrie did not understand. Infact if she knew, she would see it was one of horror and disbelif that shuc a small girl could make such a mess. Still in misunderstanding, Carrie did the only thing she could do. She sat up and opened her arms out to the tall figure standing infront of her. She smiled her biggest smile and opened her mouth to shreik with joy.
"Mummy!"
♠ ♠ ♠
This was a story i wrote for english, the two guys that marked it gave a general three, for anyone who works to the scottish school system, it would be awesome if you could tell me what you think!