My Best Friend

I Proudly Present

"I've never looked better and you can't stand it..." Brendon sang.

Wow, Spencer thought, never before has Ryan been so right with lyrics. Spencer glanced towards Ryan now, tuning his guitar in the corner and smiling to himself. Spencer smiled now; Ryan's smile had always done that to him.

Ryan had always done that to him.

And there Ryan was now, grinning to Brendon, not Spencer. It had been like this for so long now; Spencer left in the dust.

"Fuck that stupid Brendon Urie," Spencer whispered under his breath, nearly ripping a page of the book Ryan had lent him.

Ryan...

Jon walked into the room, grabbing a soda from the fridge and gulping it down. He looked around the room, to where Ryan and Brendon were flirting and then to where Spencer was sitting alone in a corner, staring angrily at some book. Shit, Jon thought, they're doing it again.

Jon walked out of the room, to the cold outdoors. He loved the mountains; it was so peaceful. Not like being cooped up with Spencer, Ryan, and Brendon. Ryan and Brendon were always doing their sick little flirting, while Ryan remained oblivious to his once best friend.

Spencer was sitting on the couch, late that evening, watching My Girl. It was such a sappy movie, but no one was awake to see him cry.

The main character's best friend had died, trying to help the little girl get a ring back. How sad is that?

Spencer cried, not just because someone had died, but because he could relate to the little girl.

He had lost his best friend, too.