My Best Friend

This Was No Accident

Waking up on the couch, Brendon found himself almost completely engulfed in paper. He smiled, remembering the fight. No one seemed to be around; which was odd. What time was it, he thought. The clock said it was eight in the morning, but the house was dead quiet.

Brendon went to the kitchen, to make some coffee. There's nothing quite like coffee to give you a good wake-up.

Ryan was in the kitchen, sleeping. His head rested on the table, coffee mug still clamped in his hand. He was awake, but he still rested there, face mushed against the table, thinking.

He thought about everything; Spencer, Brendon, Jon, the band, the lyrics, all of his troubles. Hell, he even thought about Brent!

Spencer was in the bedroom he shared with Jon, silently sobbing into his pillow. He had made Ryan cry! He didn't deserve anything; he was lowly scum, he was the worst of people...

Brendon was making the coffee when he noticed Ryan. Aw, Ryan looked so cute; his face resting on the table, his body slumped over, sleeping like an angel. There are reasons why fangirls find Ryan Ross so crush-able, Brendon thought to himself.

Ryan felt someone in the kitchen. He prayed to god it was Jon; Jon was neutral, like Switzerland. Or was it Sweden? Fuck, Ryan thought, I cannot think to save my life in the morning. Spencer was still in Ryan's mind, plagueing him. Ryan mentally smacked himself for thinking of Spencer in that way. It was Spencer, for crying out loud! The boy he had grown up with, made fireworks with, played with. Spencer was straight, and NOT INTERESTED IN RYAN. So why was Ryan so interested in him?

Brendon waltzed over to Ryan's side, kissing him on the forehead. "Wakey-wakey, RyRo," he whispered, trying to be "seductive"... in a Brendon Urie sort-of way.

Spencer dragged himself out of bed. Jon was up in his bed, typing on his laptop. "Morning," Spencer grumbled. Jon nodded, then added, "I'll come in a few, just typing to the old girlfriend here."

Truth be told, Jon broke up with his girlfriend months ago. But with all the relationships in the house, he really didn't want anyone to know what she had done to him. His bandmate's didn't need to know that his old girlfriend was a bitch.

Spencer walked in the kitchen, to find Brendon sitting by Ryan, close to him. Too close. Here Spencer thought he could comfort Ryan; apologize. But no, Ryan was with someone else.

Ryan was with Brendon.