My Best Friend

Oh, Isn't This

Spencer regretted the words as soon as they left his lips.

Brendon chimed in, "Please, Frank is much hotter." Unfortunately, Ryan was struck dumb. His mind was dancing and prancing, practically singing, "Spence fancies dudes, Spence I will see nude." Ryan was disturbed by his own thinking and slunk down into the couch.

Jon simply left for the kitchen, feeling too caught up in all of this slashy drama. He sat in a cold, metal chair, thinking. Spencer did like dudes (not very suprising, after all), and Ryan was shocked. Jon really wanted to just leave, walk out the door into a place where drama was nonexistant. Oh, if only there was such a place.

Brendon, Ryan, and Spencer were still in the television room. Spencer was fiddling with his fingers as Ryan switched channels randomly, just to make it look like he, George Ryan Ross the Third, was utterly cool with this whole "Spencer=gay" thing and not happy. He refused to allow the corners of his mouth to turn up, not a single smile would be etched on his pretty little face.

Brendon was now jumping around the room and finally settled on the floor, like a three-year old watching Teletubbies. "Hey, Ry, keep this on," Brendon said. Ryan stopped his aimless clicking and settled on a commercial for Chuck E. Cheese's.

"Oh, look Ry, they have a new coupon deal!" Brendon shouted, jumping around. He was channeling his inner toddler, and Ryan noticed.

Jon stumbled back into the room, clutching a can of Coca Cola. "We're going to where?" he asked, out of the loop.

"CHUCK E. CHEESE'S!" Brendon shouted, jumping up and clapping his hands. Spencer was watching this affair with Ryan, on the couch, waiting to hear Jon's reaction. Most likely it would be a sarcastic remark about Brendon's age.

But Jon merely shrugged and replied, "Okay," much to Spencer and Ryan's bewilderment.

Ryan raised an eyebrow. "Jon..." he said, looking at Brendon and then Jon.

Jon shrugged once more. It was becoming an annoying habit, shrugging, but Jon knew that one of the only places without drama was Chuck E. Cheese. So, he resorted to movements that were average and commonplace.

"Hey, I'll drive Bren and Ryan, you can take Spence, 'kay," Jon said to Ryan, throwing the twenty-year old lyricist keys to a car that was bought with the fourtune of A Fever You Can't Sweat Out.

Ryan simply looked at the keys and walked into the stark sunlight. The other's followed, and Brendon jumped into Jon's car while Spencer and Ryan opened the doors to their own.

Once the music was loud and the windows were rolled down, not because Ryan enjoyed it, but because it provided distraction, Spencer tried to casually face Ryan.

"Ryan," he said, throat growing dry, "are you... gay?"