My Best Friend

Your Eyes Are As Wide As The Moon

“Oh my…” said Brendon slowly, his mouth hanging open in a shocked grin, and his hand reached out and hit Jon a couple of times on the shoulder, “Jon! Jon, mate!”

Jon looked, first at Brendon’s face, and then at the ball pit, and he blinked, in that stupefied way, and the pizza hovered at his open mouth. The kid was staring, disgusted, and a piece of pepperoni fell off the pizza and landed on the table.

Ryan and Spencer were lying in a two-person pile, Ryan on top, and it looked like they were kissing. Brendon burst out laughing, which set Jon off.

“Dude, they are not gonna believe how much it looked like they were kissing!” Jon was eating again, but he nodded in agreement. “Woah, that was surreal!”

Mere moments beforehand, Ryan had tried to flip Spencer, and they had both fallen and rolled, which ended them in their own personal pile-up. A ball bounced off Ryan’s head, and he kissed Spencer. He didn’t know why; he just did it. It had seemed like a good idea. As soon as he did it, he regretted it. Spencer didn’t respond; neither to kiss back to pull away, which left Ryan to pull away, embarrassed. There was an awkward silence, and they could hear Brendon laughing about something. The kid told them Yuk, and threw more balls.

“Um,” said Ryan, not for any reason but to fill the awkward silence, “Um…”

He sat up quickly, moved backwards and blushed deeply. Spencer looked at him, shocked and confused. The kid managed to get a ball to hit Spencer in the nuts, which at least got him to move, and broke the awkward silence, as Ryan laughed his head off. The resulting swearing, however, got them kicked out of the ball pit.

The awkward feeling had nearly passed as they walked over to the table where Brendon was pulling faces at spoilt children, and Jon was sneakily eating Brendon’s pizza. Unfortunately, Brendon had to ruin it with his announcement.

“Oh guys, you know, it really looked like you were making out in there!” He exaggerated, both him and Jon laughing, but Spencer and Ryan stopping in their tracks, coming over all awkward again, “Ha ha… guys?”

A nervous laugh from Ryan and Jon felt sick. He wouldn’t have eaten so much pizza if he’d known there was going to be a big awkward band issue. Spencer grinned, blushing and scratched the back of his head.

“Well… that’s really weird… Coz… we… weren’t. Ha ha.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Apologies for the long wait inbetween chapters. I was a bad co-writer and forgot. Feel free to yell at me angrily.