A Trouble I Couldn't Resist

Good girls go bad

"Sing me a song Gabe," she said. She repeated the same line every night, and every night I would answer, "I can't, I have no inspiration." It lasted for days.

I wanted so bad to write her a song, a song that would be just hers and hers only. However, my mind had a different way of working. I looked at her sleeping figure in my bed; her golden locks sprawled over the pillow, her face lighten by the shine of the morning Sun. I knew that as soon as the Sun would rose, she would be gone. Just like that, just like as if she was never here.

"Sing me a song Gabe," she said wrapping her arms around my waist and kissing my neck from behind. I sighed and squeezed her hands, closing my eyes and trying to get the song in my head. However, the words and lines were lost on their way to my head. "I can't, I have no inspiration," I said once again.

She released her grip on me and left. I know I hurt her, because I was hurting to. I couldn't give her a song that would be just hers and hers only.

My life was a wreck when I realized that she left for good. I couldn't even think straight about anything. Hour after hour, minute after minute I would sit at my desk trying to get the words in my head. Trying to make a song. Any kind of song.

And my friends were worried about my mental health, because I wasn't being myself lately.

"Guys I'm not really in a mood for clubbing," I said as we entered the dimly lighted club where the people were dancing and the music was loud.

"It's gonna do you good, trust me," Victoria beamed next to me. I wanted so bad to believe her words, I wanted to be my old self again.

Therefore, I let the alcohol and trashy music take control of me. And, I found myself on the dance floor, surrounded by a group of trashy girls that looked for a good time. Until I saw her walking in.

And she was nothing like the girl I used to know. She looked like someone else. She looked like one of the trashy girls I was surrounded by. And for some strange reason I liked that.

I saw her walking to the bar and ordering her drink, laughing with her friends. I smiled looking her way, but I was too scared to come to her, to just say "Hello."

She was happy, and she was smiling. And she was without me.

I saw one of the boys coming next to her, trying to start a conversation. I liked to believe he was just starting a conversation. Anything more and he would be on a one-way street to morgue. I smiled when he walked away, evidently unsatisfied with her answer. He didn't even had his chance. I liked the girl she turned into.

Good girl gone bad.

And the night couldn't turn out better.

I walked to her. She saw me and smiled.

"What's a good girl like you doing in a place like this?" I asked. She took another sip of her drink.

"Just one night couldn't be so wrong," she answered, her hot breath tickling my ear.

"What happened to us? What happened with the trust?" I asked. She looked at me, trying to read my sudden outburst of truthfulness.

"You're that guy I'd be stupid to trust," she answered, hurt washing her beautiful voice.

And I knew from that point that it would be hard to make her trust me again. I turned around and went home. I knew what to do.

The empty apartment waited for me. Unlike it, I was filled with a sudden outburst of inspiration.

The only thing that was missing was her telling me to sing her a song. I wanted so bad to hear those words again.

Because now, my answer would be completely different.

Because now, I finally realized that she was my inspiration.

Because now, I realized how stupid I was to ever let her go.

I sat down and the words just spilled themselves on the white paper. I was writing like crazy, I felt like a thousand electricity cables run through my hands, writing in a speed of light, making my muscles to contract from the friction.

And I wrote it. Her song. And I made my friends help me record it. And I made a DJ in the club to play it. And everything was just perfect.

And she heard it.

"I know your type
Yeah daddy's lil' girl
Just take a bite
Let me shake up your world
Cause just one night couldn't be so wrong
I'm gonna make you lose control."
I heard my voice filling the dimly lighted club. I searched the crowd trying to find her.

Just like the night before, she was standing in a corner. Only this time she was looking back at me. And she smiled. It was my invitation to come to her.

"You're that guy I'd be stupid to trust. But just one night couldn't be so wrong," she said.

And at the moment our lips found themselves, I knew that it was all worth it.

"I make them good girls go bad
I make them good girls go bad
I make them good girls go
Good girls go bad
Good girls go bad."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are always appreciated