Status: Finished

The Killing Moon

La Push

Image

Destiny patiently waited as her mother Andrea signed into rehab. She wanted to get herself better before Destiny's final year of High School. Destiny was really happy for her mother. She prayed for this day to come and it finally did.

Andrea turned to face her daughter. A soft smiled formed on her lips.

"I'm sorry to take you away from your friend for the summer."

"Don't worry about that mom. I want you to get better. Okay?"

"Okay! They said in a month I can have visitors. I can also write you every week."

Destiny nodded. "I'll be here to visit you and I'll write you too."

Andrea pulled her daughter into a hug.

"I'm so sorry I put you through hell baby girl. I love you so much!"

"I love you too mom!"

"Don't forget to get your car serviced when you get there. Just in case."

Destiny softly chuckled. "I won't mom."

"Miss Young, I'll show you to your room." a nurse said.

Andrea hugged Destiny once more.

"Be good!"

"I will." Destiny slowly pulled away. She watched as the nurse led her mother through a metal door.

Destiny knew this was for the best. Her mother needed as much help with her addiction as she could get. Destiny pulled her long black hair into a high pony tail then headed outside into the cloudy weather. She walked towards her 1990 silver Mitsubishi Eclipse. The drive to La Push would take exactly two and a half hours. Before actually leaving Seattle, she stopped at a gas station to fill up her tank and get something to drink. By ten she was on the road.

During her short road trip she kept thinking about the family that she hasn't seen in four years. She talked to Emily a few times but three months ago she stopped calling. She wondered how everyone was doing and how her stay would be.

She passed through a small town of Forks then drove the ten miles to La Push. Destiny glanced at the directions her mother gave her and followed them directly to a small brick house. She parked by an old Chevy truck. A short breath escaped her mouth. She hoped her aunt and uncle were as nice as she remembered. Destiny stepped out of the car and heard footsteps run up behind her. She quickly turned around to see her Aunt Sue. She smiled widely at her.

"You look so beautiful and grown up!" she said while hugging Destiny.

"Thanks Aunt Sue!"

"Did you find your way here alright?"

"Yes, I did."

"Good! Seth get out her and help your cousin with her bags!"

Seth walked off the porch. Destiny was expecting her short young cousing but Seth was now tall and built like a semi truck.

"Holy cow, you've gotten so big!" said Destiny.

"He's been working out trying to impress the girls."

Seth smiled widely at his cousin. "You're grown up."

"I should say the same about you."

"I'm pushing two hundred!"

Destiny chuckled then handed her bag to Seth. She shut the car door before following them inside the house. The smell of fish filled the house.

"Oh, you cooked your famous fish fry!" said Destiny.

"Sure did! That was your favorite thing to eat when you spent your summers here."

Sue led Destiny into a room. She sighed loudly.

"I told Leah to clean up her room."

Destiny glanced around the small room. It contained two twin sized beds, a nightstand in the middle of the beds, a dresser, and a closet. Leah's bed had fashion magazines on it along with clothes, makeup littered the dresser.

"It's fine. My room is the same way." lied Destiny. Honestly she was a clean freak. She would probably clean up the room later.

"Leah's at work. She get's off in a few hours. Are you hungry?" asked Sue.

"I'm starving."

Destiny put the bags on the twin sized bed next to the window. She followed Sue and Seth into the kitchen. While eating, they all sat around talking. When Destiny finished she went back into the room. She unpacked her belongings, hung up her clothes, put her undies, bras, and pajamas neatly in the dresser. She then went into the kitchen to get the cleaning supplies

"You're not cleaning are you?" asked Seth.

"Yeah,"

"Make Leah clean up her mess."

"I thought I'd surprise her"

"Suit yourself."

Destiny nervously smiled then headed back into the room. She put the magazines in the nightstand, hung up Leah's clothes, made her bed, put her makeup in a small basket she found in the closet. She then dusted and vaccumed.

"What in the hell are you doing?"

Destiny turned around to find Leah standing in the doorway staring at her now clean room.

"Leah!" Destiny ran over and gave her older cousin a big hug.

"Why'd you clean my room?" she asked rudely.

"Sorry. It was a mess and I wanted to surprise you!"

Leah smiled. "I'm kidding! I haven't had time to clean. Thanks!"

"No problem!"

"So, what have you been up too besides growing up?"

Destiny chuckled. "I've just been working, dealing with my mom, and hanging out."

"I've mainly been working."

"Oh, where?"

"The casino." lied Leah. Honestly, she's been patrolling for the pack. About a week ago a red headed vampire was spotted on the res.

"That's cool!"

"Do you want to go to the beach tonight? The locals are having a bonfire. It's better then staying here being bored."

"Sure, that sounds fun!"

"Alright, get a jacket so you don't freeze."

Destiny grabbed her white hoodie and followed Leah into the kitchen. She smiled widely when she saw her uncle Harry.

"Uncle Harry!" said Destiny. She rushed over to him and gave him a hug.

"Hey darling, you've gotten so big!"

"Thanks!"

"Where are you going?" he asked Leah.

"I'm taking her to the beach."

"Be back by midnight." said Sue.

"We will."

Leah asked if Seth wanted to go but he denied so Leah and Destiny headed out to the truck. She started up the engine then took off towards the beach.