Status: Finished

The Killing Moon

Letter

Image

Destiny and Leah spent most of their day shopping. It made Destiny feel so happy that she got to go around shopping and just spending quality girl time. Her mother never wanted to go shopping since she was always high or drunk. Destiny needed a girls day out which was long overdue. When Leah pulled into the small driveway of the house a smile overcame Destiny's lips. Jacob was standing on the porch waiting for her.

"Des before you go out there I need to talk to you about Jacob." said Leah.

"What about Jake?"

Leah twirled a long strand of her hair around her finger. "Don't break his heart. He's still hurting from Bella not wanting to be with him so please don't break his heart."

"I'm not the heart breaker Leah. Guy's are the ones always breaking my heart."

Destiny grabbed her bags of clothes then left the vehicle. Jacob came running over to her side with a pearly white grin.

"What?" she asked.

"Do I have to have a reason to smile at you Destiny?" he asked while taking the shopping bags away from her.

She softly shrugged. "I just want to know why you're so happy. That's all."

"Well, I was wanting to know what you're doing tomorrow."

"Absolutely nothing at all."

"Great! I'll be here around noon to pick you up. We have to go patrolling tonight. Sam's orders."

Destiny glanced at him then at Leah. "Patrolling?"

"Yeah, we have to make sure their aren't any vampires wondering around La Push."

"I'm still in shock over this."

Jacob smiled. "I was too when I first transformed. I'll see you tomorrow."

Jacob smiled one last time at Destiny before he walked off into the woods.

"Someones in love." Leah said in a sing song voice.

Destiny glanced up at her with a smile. "I'm not in love. I really do like him though and it's going to suck when I have to leave."

"You're still going to leave?" asked Leah.

"Well yeah. I mean, I have to get back to my mom Leah. She is still my mother."

"After all the shit she did to you you're going to go back just like that?"

"She's my mother Leah. You'd do the same for Sue if she was in this situation."

Leah shook her head. "Yes, but she's not. You see my mom knows how to be a mother."

Destiny turned on her heel and walked off towards the mail box. She opened it up and found a letter from her mother. She tucked it into her pocket then walked into the woods with Leah calling after her. Destiny was so pissed off. What gave Leah the right to talk about her mother like that? She didn't have any right. Just because Destiny's mother was into drugs didn't mean she was a bad person. She cared for Destiny when she could. Destiny loved her and she always would love her.

It seemed like Destiny had been walking for hours until she stopped in the middle of a meadow clearing. She thought all the flowers were beautiful. She took a seat in the middle and pulled out the letter from her mom. She opened it up then began to read it.

Destiny,

I hope that everything there is going well for you. I'm doing fine. It's still very hard for me to not be on drugs anymore. The detox stage was horrible. The only thing that's getting me by is you and a man that I met named Michael Anderson. He's a really great guy who has an alcoholic problem. He's also a dentist who makes a lot of money. No kids, but a big house in Seattle. If things go well I might start dating him after I get out of here. I'm sorry that this is so short sweetheart but I have to go to bed. I love you so much and I can't wait to hear from you.

Love, Mom.

Destiny sighed as she stuck the letter back in her jacket. She was happy that her mother was getting better but she didn't know what to think about this Michael guy. Was he a good person who would treat her mom with respect? Or, was he an abusive drunk? She didn't want her mother to not be happy but she didn't want her to get hurt either. She just had to wait and see how things turned out. She laid down on her back and stared up at the Gray sky. She was so confused about things. Leah was right. Why would she go back to her mother after the way things happened?

Destiny didn't really have a choice though. She couldn't convince her mom to let her stay here in La Push. Who would she live with? Emily and Sam? She didn't want to be a bother to them. Also, she didn't know how things would turn out with her and Jacob. She was his imprint after all but she did care about him. How would he react when she had to move back to Seattle? Long distance relationships never really work out. As she laid there and thought about everything happening she didn't realize that someone was walking closer to her. Someone with fiery red hair.