Status: Finished

The Killing Moon

Waterfall

Image

Destiny woke up early the next morning to the sound of people banging around in the kitchen. She slowly slipped out of her bed and walked into the next room. Leah, Seth, and Jacob were standing in the kitchen making breakfast for the day. Destiny felt the weight being lifted off of her shoulders. She was so glad that they were all okay. Jacob turned around and smiled when he saw her. She felt a little embarrassed because she was only wearing her pajamas, her hair was probably a mess, and she didn't have any makeup on. But, he didn't seem to care since he walked over and gave her a long embrace.

"So, what happened?" she asked.

"Victoria's dead. Sam had us tracking her all night. We ended up in Canada but we finally killed her."

"You mean you killed her Jake." replied Seth.

Destiny's eyebrows shot up. "Y-you killed her?"

"Yeah, I had to kill her. If not she'd come back and kill you. I had to protect you Destiny."

"What if she would've killed you huh?"

Seth and Leah both chuckled which made Destiny shoot them an evil look.

"I'm still mad at you Leah so shut your mouth."

Leah softly sighed. "Look Des, I'm really sorry about what I said yesterday. I just don't want you to go back to Seattle. I want you to stay here with us."

"And like I told you I can't do that. I wish I could but I can't."

"I know you can't. You have to go back to your mom. She really doesn't know how lucky she is to have you caring for her. You've grown into an amazing young woman Destiny."

"Yes, she has."

Jacob walked over to Destiny and put his muscled around around her waist.

"I hope you don't have anything planned today." he said.

"Why?" she asked curiously.

"Because, I have something planned for us today."

Destiny nodded. She really wanted to know what he had in store for them today but she knew that Jacob wouldn't be telling her. He seemed like the kind of guy who loved to surprise people. She quickly ate breakfast then went into the bathroom where she showered and got ready for the day. She didn't know what to wear so she just put on a pair of capris, flip flops, and a tan tank top with a white and gold colored jacket over it. Jacob was waiting for her in the kitchen where he was eating yet again.

"You eat too much." said Destiny.

He glanced over at her with a smile.

"I have to keep my appetite up and strong. It knocks everything out of me when I transform."

"I see. Are you ready to go?"

"Yep, let's go. I'll bring her back later Leah."

Leah and Seth were sitting in the living room flipping through channels.

"Don't do anything I wouldn't do." she said with a wink.

Destiny knew what she meant. She rolled her eyes. She didn't know if she was ready to take that next step with Jacob but if the time came to it then maybe just maybe she'd be ready. She was seventeen and still a virgin. She had wanted to wait until she found the right guy. Now that she did she wanted to make sure it wouldn't screw up the relationship. Jacob helped Destiny into the car then they were on their way to wherever Jacob was taking her. She stared out the window as he drove into town. He finally stopped at a dead end road.

"Now we have to walk." he said.

If Destiny knew they would be walking she would've worn a different pair of shoes. She nodded as she jumped out of the car. Jacob waited for her at the edge of the forest. He held onto her hand as they walked through the jungled maze. If Jacob wasn't beside her she knew she'd be scared to be out here. Ever since the whole Victoria issue she promised herself never to wonder the woods by herself. They walked for nearly fifteen minutes until they came across a beautiful waterfall. Destiny thought it was so beautiful.

"I hope this isn't too corny." said Jacob.

"No, it's beautiful Jake!"

He softly smiled down at her. "The guys set up a place for us to eat at behind the waterfall. Just hold onto me and you'll be fine."

Destiny swallowed hard as she glanced over at the slippery rocks that led into the waterfall. She trusted Jacob to not let her fall. The two of them walked hand and hand over to the rocky edge. Jacob helped Destiny onto the slippery rocks. She almost fell a few times but he caught her.

"I won't let you fall." he whispered in her ear.

Destiny smiled over at him then very carefully made her way behind the waterfall. She noticed that a blanket, pillows, and a basket of food along with already lit candles were set up for the two of them. She took a seat on the blanket then waited for Jacob to sit next to her. He stuck the picnic basket in between them both. He started digging out the food which contained sandwiches, chips, cookies, grapes, soda, and some slices of cake. The two of them ate in silence then once they were full they laid down on the blanket together. Destiny put her head onto Jacob's chest. The soft beating of his heart relaxed her so much that she ended up falling asleep.

The soft snoring of Jacob caused Destiny to open her eyes. She glanced over at him with a smile on her lips. She didn't know how long she had been asleep. It had to have atleast been an hour. She carefully put all the trash back into the basket. Jacob yawned loudly then sat up. He rubbed the sleepiness from his eyes. He blinked a few time before his gaze landed on Destiny.

"Wow, how long have I been out?" he asked.

"I don't know. I just woke up myself."

"Sorry, I didn't mean to fall asleep on you."

Destiny giggled. "I think I was the one who fell asleep on you!"

Jacob smiled. "I guess I'm you're pillow now!"

"I guess so."

"Here, let me help you with that."

Jacob blew out the candles, folded up the blanket and then put all the items into the basket.

"Thank you for this." said Destiny. "I really enjoyed it."

"You're lying. I wanted this to be romantic."

"It was romantic Jake."

"Not really. I wanted this to be special because I wanted to know if you'd be my girlfriend."

Destiny was caught off guard by this. "You want me to be your girlfriend?"

Jacob nodded. "Yeah, I really do."

Destiny softly smiled. "I would love to be your girlfriend but I don't know if I could do the long distance relationship."

"We'll talk on the phone everynight and I'll give you gas money to come up here every other weekend!"

Destiny thought about it for a few minutes then gave in.

"Alright Jake, I'll be your girlfriend!"

Jacob pulled Destiny into a passionate kiss which also caught her off guard. She stopped freezing up and let the kiss deepen with Jacob. She soon pulled away feeling out of breath.

"Why don't we go back to my house and watch a few movies." suggested Jacob.

"That sounds fun."

After the two of them managed to get back to the truck they buckled themselves in then Jacob took off down the road towards his house. Destiny was sitting as close to him as she could while Jacob's right arm was hanging around her shoulder. He was so warm that it made Destiny feel very relaxed. As Jacob drove into his driveway he cursed under his breath. Destiny opened her eyes to see Bella's truck sitting in the driveway.

"What does she want?" he asked while putting the car in park and pulling out the key.

Destiny shrugged as she got out of the car. Jacob grabbed her hand as he walked over to Bella who was standing on the porch. Destiny hadn't really been in a relationship before but she knew by the look on Bella's face she was rather upset to see Jacob holding Destiny's hand and not hers.