Status: Finished

The Killing Moon

Leaving

Image

Leah and Seth watched as Destiny began to pack up her belongings. Today she would be going back to Seattle. She didn't want to leave but there wasn't much she could do. She had talked to Emily the night of the bridal shower about staying her in La Push for good. She told Destiny to talk to their mother about living in La Push. Destiny didn't really think her mother would let her move there for good though.

"Do you really have to go?" asked Seth.

Destiny sighed. "Yes, I really have to go."

"You could always move in with us." said Leah.

"I wish I could."

Destiny didn't tell them that she had a talk with Emily the night of her bridal shower. Emily had told her that she needed to sit down and talk to mom and tell her that she wanted to move to La Push. She also said that Destiny would have a home in her and Sam's house. Destiny really hoped that her mother would say yes. But, she didn't want to tell Sam, Leah, or even Jacob about this yet. She wanted to surprise them if her mother did let her move to La Push.

"You can Destiny. You'll be eighteen in a few months. Then you can do whatever you want." replied Seth.

"We'll just have to wait and see how things go."

Destiny finished up packing then towed her belongings out to her car. Right as she closed her trunk Jacob came walking up behind her. He wrapped his arms around her waist as he pulled her into his body. Destiny turned around to softly smile at him. She reached up to kiss his lips seductively.

"I don't want you to go." he said softly.

"I know. I don't want to go either but I have too. My mom needs me."

"She's never been there for you Destiny. You've always had to help her out when she was high. Why would you want to go back to that life?"

Destiny sighed. "Because, she is still my mother. I think she's better though. Her going into rehab probably helped her out a lot."

Jacob nodded. "Would you come onto the beach with me? I need to ask you something."

Destiny agreed then followed Jacob down the path which led to the beach. They both sat down on the log and watched as the blue waves crashed onto the beach. Destiny would miss this so much. She loved the beach alot...but she loved Jacob more. She knew that she'd miss him terribly when she left. A part of her just wanted to stay here and forget about her mother but she knew that wasn't the right thing to do. She had to be there for Andrea. She needed to be there for her.

"Destiny, there's something I want to give you."

Jacob pulled something out of his pocket and held it in his fist.

"But, if you don't except this I'll understand."

"What is is Jake?"

Jacob opened his hand to reveal a beautiful topaz flowered ring. He reached over for Destiny's hand and slipped it onto her left ring finger.

"My dad gave this to my mother when they were in High School. He told her the same thing that I'm going to tell you; I promise that one day I will marry you Destiny. One day you will be my wife."

Destiny felt the happy tears start running down her face. She never thought that Jacob would want to marry her one day. She really did love him with all her heart. He meant the world to her. She slowly pulled Jacob into a hug then kissed him softly.

"I guess that's a yes that you'll except my promise?" he asked.

She giggled as she wiped away the tears. "Yes, it's a yes. This ring is so beautiful. It really means a lot that it belonged to your mother."

"And now it belongs to you."

Destiny softly kissed Jacob's cheek then layed her head down on his shoulder. The two of them sat there for a while until Destiny realized that she had to leave.

"Jake, I have to go."

He sighed. "I know. I'll walk you back."

Jacob helped Destiny up to her feet. They walked hand in hand back to Destiny's car. She sadly walked over to Leah, Seth, and Sue. She gave them all a hug.

"I'm going to miss you." said Leah as she pulled away from the hug.

"I'm going to miss you too Leah! I'll call you every week to let you know how I'm doing."

"And you better come visit too!"

"I will. Bye aunt Sue. Thanks for letting me stay here over the summer."

"You're very welcome."

Destiny then gave Seth a hug. "Be good."

"Aren't I always good?"

Destiny smiled. "Yeah, you're always good."

Destiny walked away from her family. She stopped near her car door where Jacob was standing with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Please, don't go." he begged.

"I have too Jacob. Please, don't make this any harder on me. We'll see eachother again. I promise. I'll come down for Fall break which is in October then I'll try to come down on the weekends if I'm not working. I promise."

Jacob pulled Destiny into a tight hug. He didn't want to let go of her. He wanted her to be in his arms forever. He took in the scent of her floral perfume then sighed as he ended the hug between them.

"I'm going to miss you." said Destiny.

Jacob softly nodded. "I'll miss you too. I love you Destiny."

Destiny couldn't help for the tears to fall from her eyes. "I love you too."

Jacob noticed the tears and wiped them off her cheek. "Don't cry. You better get going."

Destiny kissed Jacob one last time. She stared into his eyes with sadness. She really didn't want to leave Jacob. This was probably the hardest thing she ever had to do. She knew she had to leave. She quickly opened up her door and got into her car. Jacob shut the door for her. She started up the engine which reeved to life. With a last goodbye wave to her family and Jacob she drove down the road. Her brown eyes glanced up into the rearview mirror. She felt the tears slide down her face as she saw Jacob standing there watching her dissappear.