Status: Finished

The Killing Moon

Together Again

Image

Destiny pulled to a complete stop in the parking lot of the rehab clinic. She didn't know if she was supposed to wait out here for her mom or go inside. Before stepping out of the car she stared at herself in the rearview mirror. She made sure it hadn't looked like she'd been crying. She stepped out of the car and made her way inside the clinic. A woman in her mid forties was sitting behind her oval desk just typing away on her computer. Destiny impatiently waited for her to greet her. She finally did.

"Sorry angel, can I help you?" the woman asked in a sweet voice.

"Yes, my mom Andrea Young get's out today. I didn't know if I needed to wait in here for her or not."

"Oh yes, she's in the doctor's office talking to him. She'll be out in a couple of minutes. You can have a seat if you like."

"Okay, thank you."

Destiny walked over to the `waiting area. She took a seat in one of the cushioned chairs. A few magazines were placed orderly on the table. She grabbed one of them and began to read about Tiger Wood's infedility. She grew bored of the article and threw the magazine back on the table. After waiting there for about five minutes one of the doors opened. Andrea stepped out of it with a large smile on her face. She glanced around the lobby for Destiny. When she saw her she ran over to her. Destiny gave her a large hug. Her mother looked so much better. Her skin wasn't glossy anymore, her eyes weren't glazed over, her teeth weren't yellow, her hair was shiny, and the bags under her eyes were gone as well.

"Mom, you look great."

"I feel great Des! Did you get my letter I sent you? I only got two back from you."

"Which letter?"

"The last one. I mailed it about five days ago. You usually get your letters from me in two days flat."

"Oh, well with Emily's wedding and all."

Andrea's face fell. "Oh, I forgot about her wedding. He walked her down the aisle?"

"Billy did."

"That's good. I wish I would've been there but she's still mad at me."

Destiny sighed. "I'm not going to get into this discussion about Em. I'm not her mom. Why can't you see that?"

Andrea smiled. "I know you're not here babe. You're my wonderful daughter who would never leave me."

Destiny swallowed hard. How was she going to tell her mom that she wanted to move to La Push with or without her? She had to be strong though because this was something she wanted to do.

"Do you remember me telling you about Michael? He's an alchoholic I met here during group therapy."

"Yes, I remember."

"Well, fact of the matter is, Michael's a doctor. His boss said that if he didnt' go into rehab and get better then he'd be fired from his job. He wants us to meet him at Chili's today so we can go eat and you two can formerly meet eachother."

"Are you dating him?"

Andrea smiled."Yes, I'm kind of dating him. There's something big that I have to talk to you about though but not here. We'll wait until we get to the restaurant for that."

"Okay? So, we're going out to eat right now?"

"Yes, I told him we'd be there around noon."

Destiny nodded then led her mom outside. They got into her car and Destiny drove off towards the restaurant where they were meeting her mom's new boyfriend at. Destiny didn't really care that her mom met someone in rehab. She was actually happy for her mother. She found someone that really made her happy. She hadn't dated anyone since Emily and Destiny's dad ran off on them. Their mother was so hurt. That's why she began to get into drugs really bad. It made the pain numb away. Destiny drove through the streets of Seattle. It didn't really feel like home to her anymore. She soon pulled to a stop in front of Chili's one of Destiny's favorite restaurants. She got out of the car and followed her mom inside. Standing in the small waiting area was a nice looking man with brown hair, brown eyes, with a nice looking goatee and smile. He was well dressed. Andrea walked over to him. She gave him a hug then kissed his lips before returning to Destiny.

"Michael, this is my daughter Destiny. Destiny, this is my boyfriend Michael."

"It's nice to finally meet you Destiny. Your mother has told me so much about you."

"It's nice to meet you too."

Destiny and Michael both shook hands.

"Is everyone in your party here?" the hostess asked.

Michael nodded. "Yes, everyone's here."

"Great, follow me."

The hostess led them over to a large booth. Destiny slid into her own seat while Michael and her mom slid into the other.

"Your waiter will be with you shortly."

"Thank you." said Michael.

Destiny flipped through the menu. She decided to get the chicken tacos which was one of her favorite things to eat. The waiter soon came over. He took their drink orders then went to get their drinks for them. When he came back he took their orders. Destiny put sweet and low in her tea. She stirred it and then took a drink. She set the cup back down on the table.

"Where did you get that ring?" asked Andrea.

Destiny glanced down at the promise ring that Jacob had given her earlier today. A warm smile appeared on her face.

"Jacob gave it to me. It's a promise ring."

Andrea's face lit up. "You two are dating?"

Destiny nodded. "Yeah, we're dating."

"Oh, that's great. He's such a nice young man. Whenever he wants to come up here he can. You can just drive to La Push and pick him up. I don't have a problem with it. We'll be in a huge house so he'll have a bed to himself."

Destiny was caught off guard. "What do you mean huge house?"

Andrea and Michael glanced over at eachother. "Well, we have to be out of the apartment in a week since I couldn't afford the rent. So, Michael is going to let us move in with him."

"Oh," was all Destiny said.

"After we get done eating I'll give you a tour of the house." said Michael.

Destiny bit down on her lip. Her mom dating this guy was one thing but moving in with him was another. She didn't want to move in with this guy that she just met. She had to talk to her mother later tonight about this whole situation.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll be posting the last two chapters up tomorrow sometime.