Status: Finished

The Killing Moon

Decisions

Image

Andrea unlocked the door to their apartment. She pushed open the door and went inside. Destiny flicked on the lights. Everything looked the same as she left it. She had cleaned up the whole apartment the night before she left for La Push that way it would all be cleaned when they got back. She headed into her room which contained her full sized bed, nightstand, dresser, stereo, her candles, perfume, pictures of her friends in Seattle, and posters of her favorite bands on the walls. She sighed as she sat down on her bed.

"Just think, you'll have new bedroom furniture and a huge house to wonder around in."

After eating at Chili's Michael led them over to his house. It was huge. He had a movie theatre, an indoor swimming pool, a bowling alley, and about six bedrooms and three baths. It was all too much for Destiny. She wasn't the materialistic person. She liked the simple things in life. That house was way too big for her. She didn't want to be kept a prisoner in it. She looked up at her mom. It was now or never.

"Mom, I don't want to move in with Michael."

Andrea's face fell. "And why not? Do you not like him?"

"No, I like him and all it's just that...I'm not going to be happy there."

"Where do you plan on living then, the streets?"

"La Push."

Andrea shook her head. "No, you're not living in La Push."

"Mom, I'll be eighteen in a few months. Either you let me move now or I'll move when I turn eighteen."

"Why do you want to leave me?" Andrea started to cry.

Destiny sighed as she stood up to hug her mom. "I'm not leaving you. I just want to be happy. Don't you want me to be happy?"

"I do but you're my daughter."

"Then move there with me."

Andrea shook her head. "I can't."

"Yes you can mom. You'll get to hang out with Sue, you and Emily can try to work out your differences, you'll get to meet her husband Sam, you'll get to see Leah, Seth, and meet Jacob again."

"I'm happy here with Michael. He's the world to me."

Destiny nodded. "Well, I'm happy in La Push with my friends and family. Mom, this is my decision. I want to move there. Emily already said I can live with her and Sam. She'll make sure I go to school every day and feed me. I'll also get a job so I can pay for my car insurance. It's already paid off so no worries about a car payment. I'll also use that money for clothes and maybe a prom dress."

"Nonsence, I'll be wiring you money once a week for those things."

Destiny's eyes lit up. "So you're letting me move there?"

Andrea sighed. "Yes, but you're coming to visit me on Fall break, Thanksgiving break, Christmas Break, Spring Break-"

Destiny laughed. "Okay mom, I get the picture! Michael's a nice guy mom."

Andrea nodded. "I wasn't very truthful with you about Michael."

"What do you mean?"

"Michael wasn't a patient in rehab, he's the main doctor."

"Are you kidding me?"

Andrea shook her head. "No, but we didn't do anything that would get him into trouble at work. We just talked and he helped me get better. You won't have to worry about me getting into drugs again because he won't let me."

Destiny nodded. "Good, thanks for telling me."

"Let me call Emily to make plans with this all. Start packing up your things sweetie. I'll give you some money for gas and food on the way there."

Destiny smiled widely. She was so happy that her mom was letting her move to La Push. She wanted to call Jacob to let him know but she also wanted to surprise him. Hopefully, Emily didn't tell Sam anything because she didn't want Leah, Jacob, and Seth knowing about her arrival back to La Push. She began to get all her clothes out of the closet, her cds, movies, perfume, makeup, candles, posters, and her makeup. She then packed as much of them away in a large duffle bag. Andrea came back into the room with some boxes and duct tape.

"Emily said she'll be expecting you tonight. We talked about everything and I apologized. She excepted my apology but I'm sure it will take a lot of work to get our relationship back together. I'll help you pack sweetie."

"Do you need any help packing?"

"No, I'm going to have some movers take this over to our storage. Michael will also come over here and help me when he can."

Destiny nodded. Her and Andrea spent the next few hours getting all of Destiny's belongings packed up and in her car. When the last box made it's way in her car Destiny sadly turned to her mom.

"I'll call you every night."

"You better! Emily said school will be starting in a week so she's going to take you to get some new clothes along with school supplies. Remember every break you need to come see me and let me know when your prom is so we can go shopping together for your dress. My little girl is going to be a senior! Do you know what you want to do when you graduate? Are you going to college?"

"Okay mom. I'll come see you on every break and of course I'll let you go shopping with me to find my dress. I do plan on going to college as a Drug therapist."

Andrea smiled. "You will be good at that."

"Thank you mom."

Andrea dug about four hundred dollars out of her wallet and handed it over to Destiny.

"Mom, this is too much."

"No it's not. Take the money Destiny. I'll see you in a few months."

"I love you mom."

Destiny pulled her mom into a hug. She didn't want to leave her mom but she knew she wouldn't be happy here. She would be happier in La Push. She told her mom goodbye then got into her car. With a wave and a smile she backed out of the parking spot then headed down the street. Leaving her mom was probably the hardest thing to do but her mother caused her so many tears and dissapointment. Leaving Sue, Leah, Emily, Seth, Sam, and Jacob was the hardest of all. She was just glad that her mom was letting her move to La Push.
♠ ♠ ♠
One more chapter to go.