Status: Finished

The Killing Moon

Bonfire

Image

Leah pulled into a small parking lot in front of the beach. A group of guys were already setting up the bonfire. Destiny climbed out of the truck and followed Leah onto the beach. The four guys turned to smile at them.

"Destiny, this is Paul, Jared, Quil, and Embry. Guys, this is my cousin Destiny."

All the guys were really tall and built just like Seth was. She smiled at them and shook their hands.

"It's nice to meet you!" said Paul.

"You too!"

"We're going to roast some hot dogs and smores. Do ya'll want any?" asked Quil.

"I'll take a smore." replied Destiny. She headed over to the fire and placed herself on a large log. Paul handed her some marshmellows, graham crackers, and chocolate.

Destiny put the marshmellows on the stick. She started to roast it in the fire. When it was roasted she stuck it on the graham cracker then put the chocolate on top. She took a large bite out of it. The marshmellow stuck to her teeth.

"Are you Emily's sister?" asked Paul.

Destiny nodded her head then swallowed. "Yep, she's my older sister."

"That's cool!"

"I guess. So, do you guys weighlift. You're all really buff."

Paul glanced over at Embry and Quil.

"Yeah, we weightlift everyday."

Destiny nodded. "I've never seen sixteen year old guys with lots of muscle."

"Get used to it Cuz!" said Leah. "Most of the guys on the res are really buff!"

"I can see that!"

Destiny took another bite out of her smore. She made another one but got full after a couple of bites so she gave it to Paul.

"Are you staying the whole summer?" asked Embry.

"Yeah, I'm staying for the whole summer!"

"You're going to have so much fun on the res. We cliff dive and surf!"

"Don't get her into cliff diving." Leah told him.

"It's not that dangerous. You tried it once Leah!"

"And I about broke my neck!"

Destiny chuckled. She was already starting to fit in. After they sat around the bonfire for a while, Paul decided to go swimming. Destiny would've went but it was too cold and she didn't have her bathing suit.

"Well boys, Destiny and I gotta head back home." Leah said as she stood up.

Quil, Jared, and Embry said their goodbyes. Paul on the other hand dried himself off and followed Leah and Destiny.

"Be careful ladies!" he said while walking them up to the truck.

"Oh, we will!" replied Leah.

Destiny wondered if Paul and Leah had a secret thing going on. She softly smiled at Paul before getting into the truck. He waved at them both as Leah backed the car up and headed onto the main road towards the Clearwater house.

"I'm going to take a shower." Leah told Destiny.

She nodded then changed into her pajamas before laying down in the bed. It didn't take her very long to drift off to sleep. She had an exhausting day.