Status: Finished

The Killing Moon

Imprint

Image

Destiny woke up around nine the next morning. She had an amazing night last night. Hanging out with Leah and the guys was a great way to get her mind off her mother. That's all she needed to do for the next three months; have fun. She rolled out of bed and got a change of clothes from the closet. She then went into the bathroom where she showered and got ready for the day. Destiny didn't wear that much makeup because she had a natural beauty.

She headed out of the bathroom and went into the kitchen. Sue, Leah, and Seth were sitting at the table eating breakfast.

"Hello sleepy head!" said Sue.

"Hi. I'm sorry I overslept." replied Destiny.

"No, it's quite all right."

Destiny slowly sat down beside Leah. She got herself a small portion of food then began to eat.

"Is there a garage anywhere around here? I need to take my car in and get it serviced."

"There's the tire barn that Jacob Black works at." said Sue. "I'll write you the directions down."

"Thanks."

When they all finished eating Destiny helped Sue with the dishes and clean up.

"I'm going to hang out with Quil today." said Seth.

"And I to go to work." replied Leah.

Sue nodded her head as her children headed out of the house. She jotted down the directions of the tire barn and handed the post it over to Destiny.

"I might go browse around at a book store too." Destiny told her.

"There's one called Books and More. It's actually across the street from the tire barn."
"Great! I'll be back later Aunt Sue."

Sue smiled. "Have fun!"

Destiny nodded then got her purse. She headed out to her car and got in. La Push wasn't that big of a town. It was rather easy for her to find the Tire Barn. She pulled in to the very small parking lot. She couldn't find the entrance so she walked into the garage area. There were a few cars in there but no mechanic.

"Hello, is anyone here?" she hollered.

"Yeah, hold on ma'am." a voice called from underneath the green saturn.

A few moments later a rather large buff looking guy rolled out from underneath the car. He stood up on his feet and stared at the beautiful girl standing in front of him. His world began to change. A soft light glowdaround the girl and at once he felt like he could tell this complete stranger everything.

He had just imprinted.

"Jacob?" the girl asked in a sweet voice.

Jacob Black quickly cleared his throat. "Yes?"

"You don't remember me do you? Well, I don't suppose you do. It's been years since you've seen me."

Jacob scanned the girl more closely. "Destiny Young?" he asked.

She smiled that beautiful smile. "You do remember me?"

"Of course. How could I forget a beautiful girl like you Destiny?"

Destiny softly blushed which made Jacob's heart beat faster. He had always thought that Bella Swan held his heart but now that he imprinted on Destiny he knew differerent. He had known her for a long time and never thought she'd be the one for him. He wanted to get to know her a little bit more before he spilt his whole heart out to her. she would probably be shocked to know that her friends and family are werewolves.

"Thanks! God, you've changed so much. Why aren't the boys in Seattle buff like the La Push boys?"

Jacob smiled.

If you only knew--he thought.

Jacob slightly shrugged. "I don't know. So, are you living here now?"

"No, I'm only here for the summer visiting my family. My mom is in rehab."

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that."

Destiny nodded. "Actually, it's a good thing. She needs to get better."

"Sorry."

Destiny smiled. "It's all right Jake."

Jacob smiled. The only person that called him Jake was Bella.

"Are you staying with Sam and Emily?"

"No, with Sue and Harry."

Jacob nodded then remembered why she was here.

"Are you having car trouble?"

"Oh, I just need to get it serviced. Just an oil changed and tire rotation."

"All right. I'll go ahead and start on it. It should only take an hour. You can sit in the waiting room."

Jacob pointed over to the small waiting room that held a few chairs, magazines, a small tv, and a vending machine.

"That's all right. I was going to run across the street and check out the book store."

"Okay. Just hand me the keys and I'll get started."

Destiny briskly handed Jacob her keys. Her fingers softly brushed his. She didnt know what it was about this simple touch but she felt something there between them. Jacob felt the exact same thing.

"It was nice seeing you Jake!"

"You too Destiny."

Jacob watched as his imprint walked out of the garage. The animal in him rose to the surface--he was extremely protective of her now. He didn't know how his bestriend and long time crush Bella Swan would handle the news when he told her about him imprinting on Destiny. Would it change things between them? He sighed the pulled out his phone. He had to let Sam and the rest of the pack know that he had just imprinted on Destiny.
Destiny walked into the large bookstore. She didn't really know where to start looking so she walked over to the teenage and fantasy section of the store. She glanced around until she found an intresting book by Patricia Briggs. It was about a shapeshifting coyote name Mercedes Thompson who fell for an alpha werewolf. There were four other books in the series. She decided to get them all. She checked out but had more time to spare so she went over to the cds and movies. While browsing around her phone started to ring. She glanced down and saw that it was her sister Emily.
She quickly answered it.

"Hey sis!"

"Hello, I heard you had a run in with Jacob Black." said Emily.

"How did you know that?"

"A little wolfie told me."

"I'm sure!"

"Do you like him?"

"Em, I barely know him any."

"You two used to play together."

"Yeah, like six years ago."

Emily chuckled. "You should come over here when your car is finished."

"That'd be great! Just give me the directions."

Emily gave Destiny the directions. She quickly jotted them down on the receipt.

"Let me go my car from Jake and I'll be on my way."

"All right sis. I'll see you soon."

"Bye."

"Bye."

Destiny quickly hung up the phone. She wondered if Jacob told someone about her coming to the garage. But why would he do that? She sighed and headed across the street.