Status: Finished

The Killing Moon

Bear

Image

Destiny walked into the garage. Jacob was finishing up with her car. She waited for about five minutes until he got done with it. Destiny quickly paid the owner.

"I guess I'll see you around." said Jacob.

"I'm sure you will." Destiny smiled.

She got into her car and headed down the street. She followed the directions towards Emily's house. Destiny finally pulled into the driveway of a cute two story house.

It started sprinkling so she rushed onto the wrap around porch. She rang the doorbell and waited for someone to answer. The door flung open to reveal a rather tall

indian. He smiled down at Destiny.

"Hey Destiny, come on in! I'm Sam Uley. Your sister has told me so much about you."

"It's great to meet you."

"You too."

Destiny walked inside the house. Her dark eyes glanced around at the beautiful indian decorations. Sam led he into the kitchen where Emily was cooking. She turned

around to face Sam and her sister. Destiny's mouth dropped the moment she saw three lare scars on the right side of Emily's face.

"Em, what happened to you?"

Emily glanced over at Sam then returned her gaze back to Destiny.

"I got attacked by a bear a year ago."

"Oh my god. I'm so happy that you're all right."

"Me too. Are you hungry?"

"Yes, I'm starving."

"Good, because I made chili. Help yourself."

Sam handed her a bowel and a spoon. Destiny politely thanked him. She filled the bowel with chili then sat down at the table where she began to eat.

"A little wolfie told me that you saw Jacob Black today." Emily said as she sat down next to Destiny. Sam sat on the other side of her so that Destiny was in the

middle of them. She glanced over at Emily.

"Who told you that?"

"I told you, a little wolfie. I remember Jacob having the biggest crush on you when we'd come here for the summer."

"I'm sure he still does have a crush on her." replied Sam.

"Who knows." said Emily. "He's been hanging around that Bella Swan girl a lot lately."

"But she's dating that blood-" Sam quickly stopped. "She's with Cullen."

Emily shrugged. "I don't know. She's been playing them both. I think she's afraid Culln is going to dump her. That's why she's leading Jake on. If Edward breaks up

with her then she'll have a rebound."

"What a mean girl." said Destiny.

She didn't think it was right for this Bella girl to lead Jacob on.

"I've met her once. She seemed really shy and not Jake's type." said Sam.

"Let's drop the subject of Jacob, please." said Destiny.

"I thought you still loved him." Emily nudged her sister in the side with her elbow.

"That was a long time ago. Besides, we barely know eachother. Anyway, what's the deal with you and Leah?"

Emily sighed. "I'm sure she's told you."

"Yeah, and I understand why she'd be upset."

Sam cleared his throat. "She's almost over it though. You can't help who you fall in love with."

"That's true. I'm so happy for you both. When is the wedding?"

"In a couple of months. I want you to be my maid of honor." said Emily.

"Why aren't you waiting until mom gets out of rehab?"

"I sent an invitation two months ago. She knows when it is."

"You can't be mad at her forever."

Emily grabbed the empty bowels and put them in the sink to wash them out.

"Aren't you embarrassed about having a mother who drinks heavily and does drugs?"

"Yeah, but it's her choice."

"Damnit Destiny, why do you keep standing up for her?"

"Because, no matter what she's still our mother. Yes, what she's done is stupid but it was her choice. She got put in jail for it and I had to bail her out several

times. You're the one who left me there with her Emily."

Emily sighed. "I tried to get custody of you but mom refused."

"You did?"

Emily nodded. "Yep. So don't yell at me. I wanted to take you with me but I couldn't."

"I understand. So, do you have your dress yet?"

"Yeah. I haven't picked out my bridesmaids dresses yet. I'm thinking you, Sue, and a couple girls from work could be the bridesmaids."

"Who's going to walk you down the aisle?"

"Uncle Harry."

Destiny softly nodded. "I can't wait until the wedding. I'm so happy for you both."

"Thanks sis. So, what do you think about Sam?"

Destiny smiled over at Sam who softly smiled back.

"He's okay."

Sam chuckled. "Just okay?"

"Yeah. I approve of you!"

The phone to the house started to ring loudly. Emily went over to answer it.

"Hello...Yeah, Destiny is here...What's wrong?...What?" Emily's voice cracked. "Oh no aunt Sue...We'll be on our way."

Emily let the phone slip out of her hand. She then fell to her knees. Destiny and Sam rushed over to her. Neither of them knew what had just happened.