Status: Finished

The Killing Moon

Jealous

Image

Destiny made her way outside into the fresh night air. The Clearwater's house was still packed with friends and fmaily. They were either talking about Harry, watching

TV, or cleaning up from the dinner.

"Hey Destiny."

Destiny nearly jumped out of her skin. She turned around to see Jacob and Bella sitting in the swing together.

"God, you nearly scared the sh-- I mean you scared me."

Jacob laughed as he stood up. "No need to worry about cussing. I curse like a sailor. Just ask Bella."

"He does." replied Bella.

"Do you want to take a walk with me?"

"Uh, sure."

"Bella, we'll be back."

"Take your time. I have to get home anyway."

Jacob smiled widely as he grabbed Destiny's hand and led her down the driveway towards the woods. Bella bit down on her lip as she watched them. Jacob had told her

everything about imprinting on Destiny. She was very jealous about the whole situation. She still cared about Jacob even though she was madly in love with Edward. She

sighed and headed over to her truck. Destiny glanced around the woods. It was rather dark and scary.

"What if we get attacked by a bear?"

Jacob chuckled. "You don't have to worry about that. Anywho, I really need to talk to you about something."

"Oh my god." shrieked Destiny.

"What? Are you okay?" Jacob stopped and looked Destiny over. She swatted his hand away.

"I'm fine. Look at the moon. It's red." she pointed.

Jacob glanced up at the sky to see the red moon.

"Yeah, it's kind of a legend in our tribe. It's called The Killing Moon. When someone in the tribe dies the moon turns red letting us know that we lost someone dear to

us. Rumor has it Quileutes are the only ones who can see it."

"I've never heard of that. Actually, there's a lot I don't know. I'm only half blood Quieleute."

"Do you want to hear another?"

"Sure!" Destiny leaned up against a tree as Jacob told her another legend of the tribe.

"Legend has it, our tribe is decended from wolves?"

Destiny's eyebrows shot up. "Actual wolves?"

"Yep, and they start their transformation from human being into shapeshifters when the cold ones set foot on our land."

"Cold ones?"

"You might know them as vampires."

"That's funny. Vampires, werewolves, and bears oh my!"

Jacob softly chuckled. He had to tell Destiny the truth but was afraid that she would be frightened by him.

"Destiny, there's something I have to tell you." began Jacob.

"Jacob, it's time to go." Billy yelled.

"Shit." cursed Jacob.

He started to walk off but Destiny grabbed his muscled arm. He stopped and glanced down into her eyes. At that moment, the animal in Jacob wanted to push her against

the tree and seductively kiss her.

"What did you want to tell me?" she asked.

"Uh, I wanted to tell you that I like you and was wondering if you would like to go to the movies with me tomorrow night."

Destiny smiled up at him. "I'd love too!"

"Great! I'll see what movies are showing and give you a call tomorrow!"

"All right, I can't wait!"

Destiny followed Jacob back into the front yard. Billy smiled at the two of them from the front porch.

"Night Destiny. You look after your aunt."

"I will Billy."

Destiny watched as Jacob helped Billy into his truck. He started up the engine and drove off. Leah appeared on the porch next to Destiny.

"The Killing Moon." she said while staring up at the sky.

"Yeah, it's erie yet beautiful." said Destiny.

"It is. I heard you have a date with Jacob tomorrow night."

Destiny looked over at Leah astonished.

"A little wolfie told me!" she chuckled.

Destiny chuckled. "Yes, we have a date tomorrow night. We're going to the movies."

"Aww, it's about time Jake found himself a girl that I like."

"I'm your cousin you have to like me."

"Not really!"

Leah tossed her arm over Destiny's shoulder and leaned her head against hers. "I really miss him Destiny." she began crying.

"I know. I miss him too."