Status: Finished

The Killing Moon

Date

Image

"Destiny." Leah called from the living room.

Destiny walked out of the room and headed into the living room. She handed the cordless phone over to her and winked.

"It's Jacob!" she said.

Destiny smiled as she put the white phone up to her ear.

"Hello?" she asked.

"Hey Destiny, it's Jacob!"

"Hey Jake! Did you find a movie?"

"Yeah, it's a scary movie. I hope that's alright?"

"It's fine. I love scary movies!"

"Great! I do too. I'll pick you up at six. We can get a bite to eat before the movie starts."

"I can't wait! I'll see you at six."

She hung up the phone then let a squeal escape her mouth. Destiny hasn't been on a date in a long time; especially with someone she really liked.

"Oh god! How should I do my hair and makeup? What should I wear?"

"Don't worry. I'll help you!" said Leah.

She grabbed Destiny's arm and led her into the room.

"Sit." she said.

Destiny sank down on the bed. She watched as Leah began rummaging around through the closet. She pulled out a maroon tank top with lacy material at the top and bottom. She also pulled out a cute black over shirt, jeans, and a pair of black ballerina flats.

"Put this on, straighten your hair, and put on soft shades of brown eyeshadow." said Leah.

"Alright, thanks!"

Destiny changed into the outfit. She then straightened her long black hair and applied on some makeup. She stepped into the living room where Leah and Seth were watching TV.

"Does this look alright?" she asked.

Leah smiled while Seth cat whistled.

"I guess so!" Destiny sat down on the couch. "What if I start liking him?"

"Is that a good thing?" replied Seth.

Leah punched him hard in the arm.

"Ow! What was that for?"

"She's afraid to start liking him because she'll have to move back to Seattle. Am I right?" Leah asked Destiny.

Destiny nodded. "Yes, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see how things go."

Destiny patiently waited for the next three hours. She never knew how long three hours was until she had to wait that long. Sue came home at 5:30. She congratulated Destiny on her date with Jacob then started dinner. At exactly 5:59 the doorbell rang. Leah, Seth, and Sue watched as Destiny got up to answer the door. Jacob stood in the doorway wearing a button up white shirt and black pants.

"Wow, you look great!" he said.

"Thanks! So do you! Bye, I'll be back later." called Destiny.

"Bye!" Sue, Leah, and Seth chimed.

Destiny shut the door and nervously shook her head at Jacob.

"Are they giving you a hard time?" he asked while leading her over to the pickup truck.

"Not really. For some odd reason they're actually excited about us going out on a date."

Jacob opened the door for Destiny like a gentleman. She thanked him as she hopped up into the truck and then buckled up her seat belt as Jacob got into the truck. He started up the engine then drove down the road.

"Are you excited about us going out on a date?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'm really happy."

"So am I!"

After about fifteen minutes of awkward silence, Jacob came to a complete stop in front of an old looking log cabin.

"I know this isn't very romantic but they have the best steaks here." he said.

"No, it's fine. I love steak!"

Destiny got out of the truck and followed Jacob inside. Looks can defiantly be deceiving because on the inside of the log cabin the restaurant was very romantic. The lights were dimmed and candles flickered on the tables.

"Fooled ya huh?" Jacob whispered in her ear which made Destiny shiver.

She met his gaze. "Yes, it's beautiful."

The hostess seated them in a private corner, a waitress soon came over to inquire about what drinks they wanted. Both Jacob and Destiny ordered sweet iced tea before ordering their food.

"I've always wanted to eat here but never had anyone special to eat with. Thanks for agreeing to go out with me on a date."

Destiny smiled. "You're welcome!"

Destiny began to eat the wonderful food. When they finished jacob paid for the food. Destiny told him that she'd pay half but he refused. The two of them headed back out to the truck. Jacob opened the door up for Destiny again.

Once they arrived at the movie theatre, they bought the tickets, got drinks and popcorn, then went into the movie theatre to find their seats. Soon the movie started. Destiny jumped a few times which made Jacob laugh. She narrowed her eyes in his direction but when she turned away she was smiling from ear to ear. When the movie ended Jacob drove her back to the Clearwater house.

"Destiny, there's something I need to tell you." began Jacob.

"what's that?" She asked him curiously.

Jacob sighed. He couldn't tell her. He was so afraid that she'd hate him or refuse him. He thought about how he'd react if he was in Destiny's shoes. He'd freak out if he knew the person he liked was a shapeshifter.

"Nothing. Nevermind."

"No, tell me." she pleaded.

Jacob bit his lip. "I really like you a lot Destiny."

She smiled. "I like you too Jake."

Destiny leaned forward and kissed him on the cheek. He was stunned at what she just did. Destiny softly chuckled then jumped out of the truck. Jacob knew that he'd have to tell her the truth and very soon.