Status: Finished

The Killing Moon

Truth

Image

Destiny stepped out of the shower. She had a fantastic night last night. She never thought she'd feel this way about Jacob. he was a great guy. she hoped while she stayed in La Push she'd get to know him better. She quickly dried off and put on a tank top along with a pair of sweat pants. She didn't really feel like dressing up today. when she walked into the living room she heard people outside shouting. She flung open the front door to see what all the commotion was about. She spotted Leah and Jacob standing on the front lawn looking rather angry.

"If you don't tell her the truth Jacob then I will." shouted Leah.

"I've tried to tell her. I just can't. I'm afraid she'll hate me."

Destiny stepped onto the porch. "Why would I hate you?" she asked.

Leah and Jacob glanced over at her. Neither one of them spoke.

"Why would I hate you Jake?"

He softly sighed. "Destiny, we need to talk."

Jacob made his way up on the porch. He softly grabbed Destiny's hand and led her all the way onto the beach. He softly sat her down on a log then began pacing back and forth.

"I don't know where to begin." he started.

"Just begin telling me the truth. I want to know what's going on Jake."

He softly sighed then stopped. His dark eyes burned into hers.

"Your my imprint." he started.

Destiny's eyebrows shot up. "What's an imprint?" she finally asked.

"It's kinda like finding your soul mate. I imprinted on you because we're meant to be together."

"I'm still confused Jake."

"I know....Um, I'm not exactly what you think I am. Neither is Sam, Quil, Seth, Leah, Embry, Paul, and Jared. Well, here it goes. Do you remember the legends about the Quileutes descending from wolves?"

"Yes, I remember."

"Well, it's kinda true. I'm a shapeshifter or werewolf but I prefer shapeshifter."

Destiny sat there stunned for the longest time until she finally managed to speak. "So, you're saying you're an actual werewolf."

"Shapeshifter." corrected Jacob.

"Whatever. I just can't believe this. It's too funny. Are you pulling my leg or something?"

Jacob held up his finger. "If you don't believe me I'll show you."

He headed into the woods. Destiny listened as she heard ruffling in the trees. She turned around and quickly stood up when she saw a russett colored wolf standing in front of her. She stared at it in awe. She couldn't believe that Jake had actually told her the truth. He was really a shapeshifter.

"Oh my god." she said while reaching up and petting him.

He began licking her face which made her laugh.

"It really is true?" she said.

Jake's wolf form nodded his head.

"How did this happen? When did this happen?"

Jacob ran back into the woods. He returned a few moments later in his human form and wearing nothing but cut off jeans. Destiny's eyes landed on his ripped muscles. She didn't know he was this good looking without a shirt on. He took a seat on the log and pulled Destiny into his lap. She nudged her head underneath his chin which made Jacob's heart flutter. How could he love someone so much? He thought he loved Bella but that love was way different then it is with Destiny. With Bella he cared about her yes and he thought she was pretty but with Destiny he knew she was hot, he loved every piece of her, and wanted to spend the rest of his life with her. He just hoped that she didn't hate him for the monster that he is.

"All of us transformed when the vampires set foot on our land. We've been patrolling but haven't come across anything; which is good. I first transformed a month before you got here. Look, if you don't want to be with me I understand."

Destiny tilted her head so that she was staring at Jacob's dark eyes. How could she not be with Jake? He meant everything to her.

"Of course I want to be with you." she said.

"Are you sure you're not scared?"

"I'm a little freaked out but I'll get used to the fact that half my family and friends are shapeshifters."

He chuckled. "I'm glad that you're not scared. Come on, I gotta get to work."

Jacob led Destiny back to the Clearwater house. Leah was waiting for them on the porch. Destiny smirked at her.

"You could've told me." she said.

"Actually, no I couldn't. Since you're Jake's imprint it's his job to tell you."

Jacob nodded. "Yes, that's how it is. I have to get to work. I promise. I'll be back later tonight."

Jacob softly kissed her cheek then walked over to his truck. He got in and with a smile he backed up and droved down the dirt road. Destiny smiled over at her cousin.

"Will I turn into a shapeshifter?" she asked Leah.

"No, your dad wasn't Quileute. He was Creek right?"

"Yeah. So, I'm only half then. Good, I really didn't want to become a mutt!"

Leah softly punched Destiny in the arm which made her laugh.

"Come on squirt. I want to take you shopping!"

"Shopping's fine with me!"

Destiny grabbed her purse and followed Leah outside to her truck. She didn't feel anything different now that she knew the truth. She thought it was actually pretty cool that her family and friends were werewolves. Destiny always liked wolves.