This Won't Hurt More Than a Pinch

*** What You Know

You thought it was over, didn't you?

Well, it's not a happy ending, I can tell you that.

How do you think my parents reacted? How do you think Devin reacted? Something always interupts your little bit of happiness.

When I woke up the next morning, the morning after what would have been my wedding, I was still in Gabe's arms. The whole apartment smelled like bacon and cooking breakfast. I was starving. All the wedding food just down the drain like that.

"Good morning sleepy head," he whispered and kissed my forehead. "I made breakfast. I was just waiting for you to get up."

I sat up a bit and looked around for my clothes then realized I had none. I'd worn my wedding dress to Gabe's and I'd only had a slip underneath.

"You cook?" I asked.

He smiled wide. "As best as I can. Would you like to put some clothes on?" he eyed me with that lustful look of his.

"Can I borrow some?"

"No. I want you to walk around naked," he smirked.

"I bet you'd like that," I smirked back.

He got out of bed and tossed me a shirt and a pair of boxers. I'd use them as shorts. Who cares?

I joined Gabe out in the kitchen and smelled the fresh coffee. He poured me a big cup and gave me a plate full of bacon and eggs and toast and sat down next to me on the couch.

"So..." he said as I sipped happily at my coffee. He slipped an arm around my waist.

"What?" I looked at him.

"Well I mean.. I don't think you plan on hiding from your family forever," he said.

I froze.

"No.. but I don't have to see them now," I said, looking away.

"What if they're worried about you? I'm sure they are. They might think it was something medical," he explained.

"Always a downer, you are," I sighed and put my head against his shoulder.

"But you know I'm right."

I nodded. "Do I have to go today?"

"How many times have they tried to call you?" he asked.

To be honest, I'd left my cell at the church. Hopefully Vee took it with her.

"I don't know," I sighed.

He rubbed my arm. "You should go see them today. Explanations are always better than just not showing up."

"You're right," I said, feeling suddenly nervous about telling Devin the truth. Couldn't I just avoid him forever.

"Do you want me to come with you?"

"Well I don't know how it's going to go," my parents had paid for my dress, my bridal shower, all of that good stuff. They had helped set up the church and the reception hall too. I felt so terrible for having dragged it on so long. All the money down the drain, along with Devin's heart. I hoped I hadn't broken it too much.

Anyway, my parents could have been supportive or they could have been furious. I knew if they were supportive they'd want to meet Gabe. If they were furious they wouldn't want to meet him, but I least I could have said he'd pay for every lost. He had the money to do that.

Well, my parents were usually supportive.

"Come with me."

"Alright. Well.. you're going to have to go to your apartment and get clothes you know," he reminded me.

Fuck. Devin.

I sighed. I knew I'd have to go to the apartment sometime, at least to get all my stuff. And how indecent of me would it be to not give him an explanation as to why I left him? I still had feelings for him and he deserved to know the truth.

"Mae," Gabe grabbed my arm.

I looked up at him.

"If you ever feel regret for chosing me, I want you to leave me. You deserve the best and I want you to know that," he said.

I stared into his dark brown eyes and smiled. "I love you Gabe. I would never regret you."

He smiled and kissed me. "Now let's go tell Devin."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so glad that I expanded on an idea to make a sequel because I really loved Shut Your Mouth and Get Down on the Floor and obviously many other people did too.

Comment!
&& Subscribe!
Show me that you love this story!
:crazy: