Status: Still writing, two updates every week

When A Smile Hurts

And We're Gone Again.

"Where do you g- Shit!" Jamie cursed as the red truck behind them slammed into the back of her car. Even then she didn't stop, only going faster.

"Just keep going!" Seth told her. "Turn here!" And she did as he said, passing a red light and nearly hitting two cars. But, luckily

Seth's dad had been stuck behind the two cars, which had come to a quick stop trying to avoid Jamie's car.

She took a left a turn, then a right until she found a dirt road that led to absoulutley nowhere.

Jamie stopped the car, and then parked, unbuckleing her seatbelt and stepping out.

Seth on the other hadn remained in the car, trying to figure out what had just happend while trying to catch his breath.

Her car door slammed and he looked over to see her sitting on the ground, slouched down a bit and turned away from him. He silently

cursed himself.

"What the hell have I done?" Seth said out loud as he too got out of the car and went to stand behind her, trying to figure out what to

say on the way towards her.

"I'm sorry.." Seth whispered, wincing at himself, knowing that that didn't help at all.

Jamie ran a hand through her hair before saying, "What the hell was all of that?" She looked behind her, up at him with questioning eyes.

"My- ...I just got into trouble with a neighbor." He tried, hoping that she'd buy the lie.

"Must have been one hell of a scandal." she said soflty as she looked behind him at her car, the trunk looking a little scrunched up.

"I can pay for it." Seth said, realizing what she was looking at. But inside he was hoping to God he didn't have to.. he really didn't

have the money at all.

"No it's okay," Seth let out a shaky breath of relief. "I got it," She said as she looked down at her coffee stained pants before letting

out a little laugh. "Scary as hell getting car chased.. but it sure as hell was fun to go that fast." She grinned up at him.

"Come sit, take a breather." Jamie offered as she laid back on the rocky road.

He did as she said and sat next to her, starring down at her as he did so.

'Why is she going along with no questions asked?' he thought.

"I'm Seth." He said, giving her all the information he was really willing to give.

"Why hello there," she said with her eyes closed. "I'm Jamie."

She sat back up again, now staring at him as he looked out and beyond at the tall weeds and and land of grass.

"Don't you feel weird?" He asked without looking at her, but he knew she was looking straight at him and it made him a bit shy.

"About what?" she asked.

"A total random guy jumping into your car-"

"Yes."

"Then some random guy chasing you in their red truck-"

"Mhm."

"And now you're out here all olone with random guy number one.."

"Yes it's weird, but I'm trying not to think about it.." he looked at her now, and for the longest time they just sat and stared at each other.

"What are you thinking about then?" he asked after a while.

"Chilli dogs." Was her answer as she got up and walked to her car.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chili dogs? ... What the hell? D:< xp Anyone like it? Let me know please and I'll give you... a tree that grows ipods and jelly beans D:

-MKH