Status: Working on it slowly

Into Your Arms

Chapter 10 (Ella)

Waking slowly from my sleep, I arose looking around realizing I was in Pat’s bed. I vaguely started to remember the events of the previous night. Some of it’s a blur but what I do remember was perfect. Pat entered breaking my train of thought, “Sleep good?” he smiled. I nodded, sitting up beside him. “ Best sleep I’ve had in a long time.” “Well that’s good, um… Tegan called earlier for you.” my expression dropped a little, I guess the smart idea would’ve been to have told my best friend where I was going last night or at least have taken my phone. “You should probably head back there, she sounded pretty worried.” I slowly arose from his bed and stretched and nodded, feeling an unexpected poke to my stomach and he started tickling me. I started to laugh uncontrollably, and ended up falling back on top of him, I looked down at his face just millimeters from my own. Our breaths were the only sounds filling the room, as he began to lean up I closed my eyes and we finally had our first kiss. I was the happiest anyone could be at one moment and I hadn’t felt that feeling in so long.

After pulling apart smiling he gently lifted me off, “I uh… should go.” I smiled. “Yeah, call me later?” I nodded and stood back up for the second time. I slowly exited Pat’s apartment and drove back to the dorm. I unlocked the door to find Tegan and John sitting at the table. All I could do was smile, I hadn’t stopped since I was with Pat. “Why are you so smiley?” John asked. Did I really want to tell them now? Well its now or never, “Well, I.. think I made a huge decision.” “Like what?” Tegan asked following me over to my bed with John close behind her. “Like… well, I may have feelings for Pat… more than I do for Kennedy.” I saw John glance over at Tegan and she looked at back at me, “Oh.. Well listen Ella… Kennedy heard about you staying at Pat’s last night.” My expression dropped. I wasn’t expecting that at all. I guess I had to go break the news. “Tea, John… I feel like I should go ahead and go do this… the whole breakup thing.” I sighed. I watched as John squeezed her hand and they both nodded. “Ell’s I’ll be here if you need me after.” I nodded at Tegan before picking my keys back up and walking out the door. I sat in my car for a few minutes before driving over to Kennedy and John’s apartment. I hesitated before knocking on the door. A few seconds later the door slowly opened revealing Kennedy. “…Hey.” he finally spoke up. “Hey uhm, can I… come in?” he nodded slowly and opened the door. I had already planned on this being the most awkward and hard thing I’ve had to do. It wasn’t even his fault this time. I made my way over and sat on the couch, before I could even begin to speak I heard Kenny, “El, I know what you’re going to say…” I was afraid of this… the whole make me feel bad and then I’ll cry, I know it wasn’t his intentions but that’s the honest way I felt.

“You don’t have to make up any excuses, you want Pat and I realize that. I should’ve realized it before but I ended up hurting both of you to get what I want.” I had never ever heard Kennedy be this open and honest. As I knew I would, I teared up. “Don’t cry El. Please?” I nodded as he wiped my tears away. “Thanks Kenny. I’m not going to like… disappear you know?” He nodded and smiled. “Well, you should get back to Pat… he’s waiting.” He motioned toward the open doorway and I turned to see Pat standing there. I smiled and hugged Kennedy and walked back to Pat. Pat took my hand and nodded towards Kennedy as we walked out the door.