Status: Working on it slowly

Into Your Arms

Chapter 6 (Ella)

Over the next few days, Kennedy and I had become inseparable. It’s like he had done a complete 180. He actually seemed to care for the most part. But today we were just lounging in his apartment having a lazy day, wrapped up in each others arms. Well, until Tegan and John decided to pay us a visit. “El, come on its late and we have class early tomorrow.” I pouted knowing she was right but at the same time Kennedy was so addicting sometimes and I couldn’t pull myself away.

“Tea, I just want to stay here tonight.” I pleaded feeling Kennedy‘s arms tighten around my waist. She obviously didn’t feel the same way I did on the situation. “Ella come on. We can’t stay tonight.” I reluctantly pulled away from Kennedy and slid out of his oh so comfortable bed. He followed kissing me slowly before Tegan dragged me out of the room. “Bye Tea.” John smiled kissing her cheek. “Bye John.” she blushed walking out of their apartment with me following close behind. We quickly hopped in the car due to the freezing temperatures, “Ya know… I could be curled up in bed next to a very attractive man right now.” I pouted turning the heat on high. “We need to talk about that… later anyway.” Tegan pulled out of the parking lot of their apartment. After about twenty minutes, we finally arrived back to our dorm closing to door to our room. “Ella… come sit.” Uh oh, that was one of those phrases you never wanted to really hear your best friend say. But nonetheless I went a plopped down next to Tegan on her bed. “What’s up?” I asked seeing the we need to talk look on her face. “Well, first off, this whole John thing…” she paused briefly. “Is adorable! Tea, he’s perfect for you!” I exclaimed. She let a small smile crawl on her face and slowly wiped it off. “El, I mean like… he had to beat up Derek last Saturday. And in all honesty he saved me.” I could tell she was getting emotional. But it was the truth. John had saved her from Derek. “I know Tegan. But… you’re happy now right?” She nodded and smiled. “Well, then that’s all that matters.” Just then I felt a vibrate in my back pocket, I took out my phone and it was a text from Pat. I had been avoiding him the past few days due to the fact that Kennedy just happened to pop back in the picture. “You should reply to that ya know?” Tegan said looking over my shoulder. I quickly closed my phone, “I don’t need too.” She rolled her eyes, “Yes you do… El, you don’t see what Kenny does when he’s not with you.” I didn’t exactly know what she meant by that and honestly I didn’t really care to find out, but I knew it would end up eating away at me later. “What do you mean?” I asked. She went on to explain how Kennedy had been acting when I was away. How he would look at other girls and the way he was so flirtatious. I didn’t want to believe it so I didn’t. Kennedy cared about me this time, I was positive he did but she seemed to be pro Pat. Great, what do I do now? I mean don’t get me wrong, Pat’s a great guy and he’s always cared about me, but Kennedy was another story. I love Kennedy and I’m pretty sure he loves me too, but sometimes I feel like I’m the only one who cares that much.

A few yawns later Tegan and I decided to head on to bed, no sooner than I had turned out my bedside lamp the door flew open. “Did you miss me?!” John ran and plopped on Tegan’s bed. As she rose to greet him I let out a small groan and tried to hide under the covers, but before I even touched the comforter I felt somebody jump on me. “Umm… ow?!” I yelped, turning to face my attacker. “Hiiiii…” I saw Garrett smile. “Get off!” “Rawrrrr.” he moved and laid beside me. “Someone sounds vicious.” Jared replied walking in. “Who else is with you?” I asked nervously, not that I was nervous… okay I’ll admit I was. “Nobody” Jared closed the door. Phew, one less thing I had to worry about. “You wanna explain why you’re so close to me?” I asked a now curled up Garrett who happened to be in my bed, under my covers. Jared looked at me and smiled, “Oh… Kennedy what are you doing here?” “What?! I didn’t do anything, I swear!” Garrett sprung up. The room filled with laughter, “I hate you guys.” He sat back down on the edge of my bed. I looked over and saw Tea and John getting cuter and cuter by the minute. “Garrett? Jared? Lets go… get some ice cream.” I suggested smiling at Tegan and pulling them both out. As Tegan and John got closer their relationship just seemed to get stronger, I hope I find that one day.