Status: Working on it slowly

Into Your Arms

Chapter 9 (Tegan)

Upon awaking the next morning I glanced over to Ella’s bed to find it empty. Ella was never up earlier than I was, if anything she slept later that I did. After slipping over to the adjoining room next to us and asking if they’d seen her and getting two muffled replies consisting of ‘no’, I was beginning to worry. It wasn’t like El to just run off and not let me know where she was going. After grabbing my phone I dialed the first number that I thought of…John’s.

“Good morning gorgeous girl. How can I help you?” John said shortly after he picked up. After smiling a little and talking to John about our date that would take place that night, I remembered my reason for calling. “John, have you seen Ella? I woke up this morning and she was gone. Her bed was unmade and her clothes were still in a pile on the floor, so I’m a little worried.” I heard John sigh and imagined him tapping his finger to his chin as he thought.

“Well Tegan, I haven’t seen her. If she was here with Kenny last night I would’ve seen her by now. Have you tried calling her?” I glanced over to the night stand that separated our beds, her cell phone lay upon it. “No John, she left it here” I replied with a frown. After a few more minutes he suggested that I call the other guys and see if they’d heard anything. After phoning Garrett and Jared and coming up empty-handed I almost smacked myself; of course if she was with anyone besides Kennedy it would have to be Pat, and so I called.

“We love cupcakes, yes we do. We love cupcakes, how ‘bout you” Pat’s ring-back tone sang as I waited for him to answer. I couldn’t believe he honestly had made that song his ring-back tone. After a few minutes he picked up. “Hey” he whispered into the phone. “Hi, Pat” I whispered back, and then quickly added “why are we whispering?” He laughed quietly and then began to talk normally. “Sorry Tegan, El’s asleep in my room. I didn’t wanna wake her.”

“If I wasn’t so happy that her body isn’t dead in a dumpster, I’d yell at you!” I said raising my voice a little. “Do you know how scary it is to wake up and find your best friend missing?” Pat sighed before apologizing. “It was late and she was upset and I wasn’t thinking; I’m sorry!” I laughed a little at Pat’s childish tone before reassuring him that it was okay, but only because he kept Ella safe from harms way. After hanging up with Pat, I dialed John’s number once again to let him know that I’d found my MIA best friend. He answered quickly and I told him that I’d found her.

“I’m glad that she was at Pat’s, at least we know she was safe” he replied upon hearing the news. All of a sudden John spoke, “Oh shit, I’ve gotta go” and with that he was gone. After sitting my phone down and staring at it in confusion for awhile I sighed and got up to begin getting ready for the day. After showering and getting ready I heard a knock at my door; opening it I saw John.

“Look, I’m so sorry for basically hanging up on you. I know there was no excuse, but Kenny was standing behind me when I was talking to you on the phone and he overheard about Ella staying the night at Pat’s; and well I guess you could say he isn’t so thrilled…” My eyes grew wide with worry. Ella wasn’t going to be too happy about all of this. Before I could say a word a key slid into the lock and the door opened, and there stood Ella, speak of the devil herself.
♠ ♠ ♠
And we're back!