Status: Completed.

All For Nothing

Chapter Forty-Five

“Krissiee wake up!” Jamie shook my shoulder waking me up. I sat up and looked out the front window. “We are here!” I smiled and looked at the cabin. It was better than the pictures. Once we stopped in front of the cabin we had to all help carry stuff in. Jamie and I took in the light stuff for the kitchen unpacking in there. Since I am the cook in the family I said that I would cook majority of the meals. As Jamie was putting the food in the fridge she asked me a question.

“Krissiee, do you like having little people in your belly?” She asked. I smiled and kissed her head.

“Sweetie when your older you think it's the best thing ever. I actually don't mind it. I love it.” I started washing the plates and bowls that were in the cabinet.

“Do you know any names yet?” She asked.

“Alex really likes Craigery and Casey for boys. I really like Weslee and Riley for a girl.”

“Weslee is really cute.” Alex ran in picking up Jamie and both giving me a group hug.

“I love you guys.” I kissed both of them.

“We are all done bringing the stuff in. We just have to set up the room.” Alex said as I dried off my hands. We let the parents take the two bedrooms downstairs on the floor of the living room. Alex carried up our bags while I carried up Jamie's bag. She picked up Baz and carried him up.

“Jamie here is your room and it's right next to ours if anything goes bad okay. We are gonna move a puppy bed in there too so you could have a friend with you.” I told her putting her bags on her bed. “I love you love.” I told her kissing her head.

“I love you too.” I walked into the room where Alex was laying on the bed. I crawled in straddling his lap.

“Our first Christmas.” He said holding my hand.

“Our children first Christmas also.”

“I want to talk about some names. I want to know who they are gonna be.” He said feeling my stomach.

“I like Weslee and Riley for girls. Boy names for girls are cute.”

“I defiantly agree. They are both too cute. I would like a C name for a boy tho. Craig and Casey are great. Who are the god parents going to be?”

“I've been thinking about that. To me it really depends on the gender.”

“Let's say that there are two girls.” He said taking out a piece of paper to write it down.

“I would like Rian and zack to be the god fathers I have no clue for the godmothers because I don't have that many close female fiends. I would love Jamie to be the godmother but I feel like she is too young. Shes barely 5.”

“Well for sure Rian and Zack. I trust those guys with everything. Well this is a start.” I smiled and kissed his nose.

“At least we are getting somewhere.” I made my way off Alex and pulled off my clothes.

“Am I getting some?!” Alex shouted getting happy sitting up.

“No I am getting ready to cook dinner. Would you like to help?” I asked slipping on a loose shirt and yoga pants on.

“Sure. Isn't it early tho?”

“Alex it's Christmas eve. We need to have a wonderful dinner.” He got up and took his jacket off.

“Alright. I'll get Jamie to help out too.” We walked out together and went down with Jamie. The parents were in the living room watching a movie they have voted on. I took out the veggies that we were going to need and let Jamie wash them. Once they were washed Alex and I cut them very thinly.
After about two hours of cooking the meal was done. Jamie was off setting the table minus the plates and cups. After setting the table she started to fill up their glasses with water. I served the pasta and veggies on every plate and let Alex place them on the table. I set up the salads with just a regular Italian dressing.

“Everyone dinner is ready.” I made my way to the table right next to Alex and Jamie. Once there we decided to say a prayer since it is Christmas eve. I got many compliments about the meal I have made especially from Peter. My mother helped clean up after while I set the oven for cookies.

“Babe there is a box upstairs with our tree and presents could you get it down?” Jamie pulled up a stool and waited at the counter with me. We started making our cookies for Santa. We made circle cookies since we didn't have any cutters with us. After the cookies were done and were cooling off we made some homemade frosting making the cookies look like ornaments. By the time every cookie was finished we were covered in frosting and flour. Alex brought down the box and started setting up the tree. He also started the fire in the fireplace.

“Cookies are ready!” I said while going up the stairs to get in the shower. Jamie went in the bathroom that was across the hall. I took out my pj's and placed them on the bed. I shut the door and went over to the shower starting it. I placed our shampoo and stuff in the shower bringing our towels. I stripped down and got into the hot shower.
Once I was finished I got into some pj's and went back downstairs.

“Krissiee we were thinking about letting Jamie open up a gift tonight before she goes to bed. Any suggestions?” My father asked as I plopped on the couch next to Alex.

“I don't care what one.” My dad took one and set it to the side. Jamie came running down and sitting next to me.

“Did you guys like the cookies?” She asked all happy since she decorated them.

“They were perfect.” Everyone said.

“Jamie here is a present from Isobel and Peter.” She smiled at them and opened it up. It was a little box and she opened it up showing a necklace with a blue bird attached to it.

“It's so beautiful!” She said getting up hugging both Peter and Isobel.

“It was mine and my mother gave it to me when I was your age.” Isobel said smiling at her.

“Thank you so much.” She said hugging them again.

“Well we are off to bed. Jamie it's bed time.” My mother said picking her up.

“But mom.” She said frowning.

“Come on babe. You need to get that beauty sleep. If you don't your gonna look ugly like Alex over here.” I said pinching his cheek.

“Your mean.” He said folding his arms I kissed his head and hugged her.

“Good night kid.” She went upstairs right into her room.

“Good night everyone.” My parents said walking to their room.

“The cabin is beautiful. You guys made a good choice.” Peter said.

“Thank you I picked it out myself. I hope you two have some fun up here.”

“We will. I mean it's something new and different. It's been a long time since we have been on the west coast.”

“Krissiee I want to be honest with you. At first I thought you were too young and irresponsible to take care of a child. Then I saw you with Jamie and you are meant to take care of children. You will be a wonderful mother and it's hard to find others to say that to.” Isobel said, I'm glad she was honest with me about that and telling me in the face.

“Thank you for being honest. I really appreciate that.” We stayed up for a few more hours letting the fire die out. I got up setting out the milk and cookies for Santa before pulling Alex up to go to bed.

“Good night you two.” I said going up the stairs.

“Good night.” They said back going to their room. I got up and checked on Jamie making sure she is asleep. I walked back to the room where Alex was already in bed. I crawled in and cuddled up to him.

“Sweet dreams princess.” He said kissing my ear.

“Good night my prince.”
♠ ♠ ♠
xXx