Status: Completed.

All For Nothing

Chapter Forty-Eight

I promised Jamie that today will be our snow battle since it's our last day up here. We established our ground rules that were: No aims to the face or stomach for me and no rocks in the snow. The teams were Jamie, Alex, and I against the parents. It was the battle of the ages. I strapped my boots on then helping Jamie with hers. I put her snow cap on making sure its tight enough.

“Are you ladies ready?” Alex asked knocking on the wooden door frame. I got up looking at him smiling.

“Yes Alex!” Jamie said hugging his legs. I went over to them kissing Alex patting her head. We walked down the stairs getting pumped for this fight. My mother was in the kitchen making some food for us all before we beat their asses. A wonderful french toast breakfast with eggs.

“You ready for this war?” My father asked laughing at how we were all wearing black. After we finished our breakfast our team headed out building a fort. It went up to Jamie's tummy and past my tummy. We made it two sizes different so the ladies will be protected. Jamie created a pile of snowballs for us to use. After we were all ready the parents went out. They went on their side and created a small fort. Let the game begin.

After a hour of the most epic snow ball fight the kids ruled over the parents. I rushed inside and took off my cold wet jacket hanging it by the fire. I took Alex's hand and led him upstairs and locked the door. I stripped completely naked and changed everything. I slipped some of Alex's PJ pants and one of his button ups after some socks and slippers. Alex laughed at me wearing his clothes I watched him put on his clothes giggling when he struggled with his tight jeans.

“Alex I love you so much.” I told him pinching his stomach. He laughed squirming.

“I love you Krissiee.” He said pinching my cheek bending down kissing my head. A knock hit the door, I unlocked it and saw it was Jamie.

“Hey bug what do you want?” I asked looking at her.

“Want to play karaoke with me?” She asked excited.

“Of course we will be down soon.” She ran downstairs while I pulled Alex up from the bed. “Come on lazy bum lets go sing!” I said pulling him downstairs. She pulled out the Disney CD's she had put one. in. She picked 'Colors Of The Wind” from Pocahontas. We watched her sing and for a little girl she was good. After her song she passed the mic to us. I looked at the CD tracks and picked one that we both knew. The intro came and it was my part.

”All those days watching from the windows
All those years outside looking in
All that time never even knowing
Just how blind I've been
Now I'm here, blinking in starlight
Now I'm here, suddenly I see
Standing here, it's all so clear
I'm where I'm meant to be

And at last I see the light
And it's like the fog has lifted
And at last I see the light
And it's like the sky is new
And it's warm and real and bright
And the world has somehow shifted
All at once everything looks different
Now that I see you”
I smiled for Alex's part.

All those days chasing down a daydream
All those years living in a blur
All that time never truly seeing
Things, the way they were
Now she's here shining in the starlight 
Now she's here, suddenly I know

If she's here it's crystal clear
I'm where I'm meant to go” He said holding my hand.

”And at last I see the light”

“And it's like the fog is lifted”

”And at last I see the light

And it's like the sky is new”


”And it's warm and real and bright
And the world has somehow shifted
All at once, everything is different
Now that I see you, now that I see you”
After the last note ended we kissed. This is my favorite song to sing with him because of the perfect harmony.

“You guys sounded fantastic!” Isobel said giving us both hugs.

“Thank you for the compliment. Hey I am going to make lunch!” I said hurrying off to the kitchen making some lunch. Alex came up behind me and started helping. We watched Jamie making everyone sing with her. I decided to make some pasta for lunch with home made sauce. I served it up and placed it on the table.

“Lunch is ready!” Alex shouted running with Jamie like kids to the table. I laughed watching them sitting next to them. We all ate our pasta while Jamie was talking about her dream last night. Lunch was decent Jamie had the oddest dream ever though. It had something to do with Holly Madison and Roman and something to do with Peep Show. I feel odd that she knows all this and it's about playmates well she does like Holly. She thinks that holly is the most beautiful girl ever I do agree. She kept rambling on about her and there dream till everyone finished. I took some of the plates and put them in the sink washing them. After we let our food sit we all continued out karaoke. I did a song with Jamie and another with Alex. The families loved seeing us all acting like children.

“I will be back.” I said hurrying off to the bathroom to puke. I hardly ever puke but when I do it's bad. As I puked I pulled up my hair tying it. After a while I was finally done, I brushed my teeth and went back to the living room. I cuddled up with Alex pulling a blanket on me.

“You okay darling?” He whispered feeling my hair.

“Yes.” I smiled at him while Baz jumped on us. We all sang till it was time for dinner. I decided to have a small meal since I don't trust my stomach right now. I had a small salad and fruit after. Everyone was beat from the snowball fight. Alex carried Jamie up to her bed tucking her in while I said good night to the parents. I hurried upstairs and kicked off my slippers. Alex was already in bed pretending to be sleeping. I grabbed his ass before getting in.

“Alex I love you good night.”

“I love you too dear.” He kissed the back of my head and placed his hand on my hip.
♠ ♠ ♠
xXx