Status: Finishedddd

She Goes Down

When Will We Change?

Another couple of weeks had passed and one morning I woke to a head full of cement and devoid of liquid and my phone was ringing.

"Fuckkkkk," I pulled away from Nikki and got out of bed, picking up the receiver in time.

"Yello?" I answered.

"Alexa hi! It's Mom," she always announced herself, yet no matter what state I was in I always knew her voice.

"Hi, Mom. What's up?" I coughed groggily, looking around for a t-shirt. I found one of Nikki's lay on the sofa and pulled it over my head.

"You don't sound too good, Alexa. Drinking too much last night?"

"There's no such thing as 'too much', you taught me that." I yawned and smiled to myself.

"I didn't really mean that, darling. Will you come by soon? Your father and I miss you!" She requested cheerily.

"As long as you make me cocktails," I looked through the doorway into my bedroom, "and I can bring a friend."

"Of course. Let me know when you want to visit. I'm not working all week so its up to you."

"Ok, I'll call you back later and let you know."

"Alright, thanks sweetheart."

"Bye, Mom," I said and hung up. Lazily I got myself back up, only to fall back onto my bed.

"Who was that?" Nikki asked, obviously oblivious to anything I had said on the phone.

"My mom wants me to go visit. Wanna come with? She makes killer Margaritas."
He pulled the covers from under me to put on top and pulled me close.

"When?" he asked.

"Whenever is ok this week. I'm calling her back later."

"Yeah ok." A few moments passed before he decided it was time to pull off that t-shirt I wore and bite down on my neck.

***

Our relationship hadn't altered in the slightest. We were still friends and our nights [days or evenings...or afternoons] together never seemed to have much emotion in them at all. Its as if we cut ourselves off at those certain points. The sex was good, don't get me wrong, but he was still a bad idea and knowing that made it easier [at times].

***

I drove us out of LA and to Covina where my parents still lived in their bright little semi. It was a hot day as usual so naturally I was dying to refresh with some snappy alcoholic beverage that my mom was so pro at preparing.

"Alexa! Darling hello!" My mother opened the door before I'd even gotten to the door bell.

"Hey, Mom," I hugged her, "This is Nikki," I instinctively introduced them, for once on the ball.

"Hey," he responded quietly.

"Lovely to have you, Nikki," she replied happily. "Go on through to the garden, your dad is still in bed!"

"The guy knows how to sleep," I shrugged.

"What do I call your mom?" Nikki asked quietly as we sat on deck chairs on the lawn.

"Hitler," I replied seriously.

"I don't think she'd appreciate that, 'Lex." he sniggered.

"Hitler!" I yelled.

"Alexa, shut up!" My mom came into the garden with a full pitcher and some glasses.

"What do you want Nikki to call you? I thought Hitler," I smirked, ruffling my hair.

"Sandra is just fine. Are you hungry either of you? How was the trip?"

I internally sighed. Nikki was always hungry.

"He's gonna need food. He never stops eating," I told her as it seemed for once he was going to be very quiet indeed.

"Oh I'll go fix you something!" she hurried off inside again.

"How dare you, I never eat that's why I'm always hungry," Nikki protested.

"If you spent less money on hairspray and booze you'd eat more." I rolled my eyes.

"That sounds like a dumb idea."

I looked over my aviator sunglasses at him, my expression was judgmental but he had a point. If I had to choose over food and health or partying and lookin' hot, it's be that latter every time.
My dad made a brief appearance but after seeing my mom getting drunk with us 'kids', went out to play poker and said he'd catch up with me another time. It was all going surprisingly well until about nine PM and after all day in the sun, we were very drunk and it came.

"So! You two!" My mom poised when Nikki had gone to the bathroom.

"Us two?" I questioned with a screwdriver in my hand.

"What's going on? Is he you boyfriend and you're keeping it quiet?" She continued.

I sighed loudly. "No. When I said 'friend' I meant friend."

"But you're sleeping with him?"

I spat my orangey vodka across the lawn and coughed. "Mom what the fuck?!" I exclaimed shortly after.

"So you are. I don't think he's such a good idea, honey. He's too much like you."

"You don't know that half of it," I muttered. "Mom shut up, I am not sleeping with him."

Usually I'm one for honesty, but some things such as drugs, my job as a stripper and who I'm fucking are things I chose to lie about to my family. No good can come from the breaking of a heart.

"Then you won't mind having the guest room to yourself and have him stay downstairs," she grinned at me.

"Mommmm!" I whined without thinking, I blame the drink on these occasions.

Before she could say more or I could defend myself further Nikki returned.
Nothing more was said on the subject and the next day Nikki and I returned home.

***

It was another long drive and as soon as we stopped outside the Motley house, Ruby came running out.

"'Lex! Party at mine tonight. Be there," she ordered excitedly.

"Oh man, I'm tired" I flung myself onto the steering wheel.

"Too tired to party? Fuck off, I'll see you later."

I looked across to Nikki who seemed about to say something as his mouth was slightly open and he'd paused.
"I'll see you later," he said finally before jumping out and closing the door behind himself.

***

When I got home I threw my things across the living room floor and collapsed face down on the sofa with a loud yawn. The bedroom was too far. Must have been about seven PM so I decided to have a nap and get myself together later...

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK "'Lexa?"
I was woken. It was dark outside, and inside come to mention it.
"'Lex, you in there?" again came the knocking.

"One second!" I answered, rolling off the couch and onto my feet. I pulled the door open without checking my hagged appearance.

"You're not even ready? Ruby is moaning about your lack of presence so I thought I'd see what was going on. Obviously not a lot," Nikki was at the door of course.

"I was napping. Fuck Ruby!"

"Come on. Go get in the shower and I'll get you something to wear," he closed the door and shoved me towards the bathroom before going to my closet. I despaired.
I was right to.
When I returned he'd thrown onto my bed my shortest black leather skirt, a red Rolling Stones custom halter and thigh high black boots. I switched the skirt for black leather pants and quirked an eyebrow.

"You're no fun!" he whined.

"Shut up." I ordered and went to my underwear drawer, pulling on what I could before dropping my towel and putting my bra on facing the wall.

"Well, hello!" he smirked.

I spun around and sighed, "Like you haven't seen it before."

"Doesn't make it any less to look at," he replied scanning my body.

"Go be useful and get the vodka from the kitchen will you," I pulled on my pants and then boots before the halter top.
♠ ♠ ♠
There shall be a change in things soon ;)