Daddy Dearest

Go Raiders Go!

"Oh my god! What do I do?" Billie Joe cried, pacing back and forth with his hands on his hips. He ran back to his perfectly spotless dresser and slowly gazed over at the pregnancy test.

It was still positive.

Billie gave out a high pitched scream and ran to the other side of the room. He stopped suddenly and gave out a dramatic sigh, trying to get calm.

"Just tell her Billie!" Mike cried as he painted his nails a lovely pink color.

"Yeah, seriously!" Tre called out, holding his pitch-black eyeliner in one hand and his little compact mirror in the other.

Billie gave out a cry of frustration and spun around to face his friends. "I can't guys! It's just too risky! She'll leave me! She won't put up with this!" Billie spun around and ran into the bathroom bawling very loudly. "Why did this have to happen? Why?"

Mike sighed and got up out of Billie's bed. He walked over to him and put a hand on his shoulder in comfort.

"Oh dear! It'll be fine! Now---oh look," He began, grabbing tissue paper from the counter. "--You're ruining your make-up!" Mike got the piece of tissue wet and dabbed it around Billie's eyes, cleaning up his bleeding mascara. "Now, you just need to remain calm okay?" He said, cupping Billie's face with his hands.

Billie looked up at him with tears in his wide green eyes, his dark eyebrows showed off his fear, slanting slightly down the middle of his face. Worry lines began to appear on his forehead as he grew more worried. His heart was pounding out of time and his head felt like it was about ready to burst! He felt faint-- and his face was awfully pale.

"But how do I--when do I--" Billie cried, not knowing what to do.

"Just go down those stairs and tell her! Try to be calm; casual." Mike said, shruging.

"Casual?" Billie asked, stunned. "Casual! How am I supposed to act casual at a time like this?"

Tre looked over at them and rolled his eyes as he began applying lipgloss.

"Listen Billie, Just do it! I'll stand right there if you want me to!" Mike told him with a smile.

Billie looked at him and sighed. "Well.....okay...but only if you're right there!"

Mike agreed and before Billie knew it, all three of them were walking quietly down the stairs like agents, hiding from their suspects; spying closely.

As they traveled down the stairs the noise of that nights football game roared over the television down in the living room. Occasional 'WOOTS!' and 'GO RAIDERS GO!' where heard above the cheering and frequent annoucements being made on the screen.

Billie looked worriedly at Mike as they stood about 10 feet from the living room. Mike nudged him gently ahead about 5 feet which made him give out a high pitched scream, although it came out softer than the one upstairs.

Suddenly it grew very quiet and the only thing being heard in the room was Billie's heart racing and the football game going on in the background. Adrienne, Claudia, and Britney stared at them, beer bottles and chips piled up on the table in front of the three.

They were all wearing Raiders jerseys, black makeup on their cheeks that formed thick lines looking very much like native americans. But obviously buzzed from the beer, they were all wearing black eye patches on their left eye, and they were obviously annoyed because of the distraction from the game. Adrienne sighed and paused the television, almost thankful that she had gotten DVR.

Adrienne stared at Billie. "Billie, what the hell do you want? You know I don't like to be bugged when the guys and I are watching a football game! The score is twenty-four to twenty-seven! The Raiders are falling behind by four points! Of all people in the world i thought you would understand!"

"For pete's sake guys!" Claudia cried. "Russell has the ball! Twenty seconds left in the game! They could win this!"

Billie stared at them. "Um...I'm sorry but...Adrienne, can I talk to you for a minute? It's kind of important..."

Adrienne sighed and got up out of her chair, placing her beer bottle on the table. "This better be quick!"

Adrienne, Billie, Mike, and Tre quicky walked over to the kitchen in silence. When they arrived Adrienne was standing in front of the fridge, her arms crossed in front of her. Billie stood in front of Adrienne, Mike and Tre behind them. Adrienne peered over at them.

"Can't they go away for a minute so we can talk alone?" Adrienne asked getting impatient. She was obviously referring to both Mike and Tre, and they knew she was. Billie sighed.

"But Adie he--" Mike began.

Billie waved a hand in front of Mike. "It's okay, just go. I can do this on my own."

"Are you sure?" Tre asked with wide eyes.

Billie nodded. "Yeah, I'll be okay."

After Tre and Mike wandered off into a different room, Adrienne looked back at Billie waiting for him to speak.

"Well...." Billie began. "I don't know how to say this and...I don't know how well you will react to this but....I'm just gonna get it out..." Billie sighed, gathering up the courage he had to say this.

"I'm pregnant."