Status: active ; IF WE GET COMMENTS(:

This Silence Isn't Easy.

f i v e;

I walked home from school, wrapping the baggy hoodie tighter around my body; due to the cold air. My eyes flicked upwards, noticing a group of people in front of me. I stopped abruptly and took another path. Seeing Alex in a group that size, made me feel like I was nothing to him.

I walked through the park, my feet crunching in the white snow. My nose was stuffed and I had a headache. Not a cold headache, but a headache knocking on my brain; telling me I needed that needle to continue on with my daily activities.

I shoved open the front door, taking in the scents of food. I raised my eyebrow, dropping my bag to the floor. I kicked off my shoes quickly and entered the kitchen, seeing a middle aged women standing over the stove. Her long blond hair trailed over her shoulders in messy curls, and her dark tan skin made me look as white as snow.

"Oh, hi!" She gushed, rushing over to me.
"Hi?" I questioned, more than answered.
"Jenny Dawson. You must be Keira." She introduced herself.
"Well unless my dad has another daughter, I guess so." I snickered.

I made a break for my room, not caring at the moment who that woman was and why she was here. She was probably just another flake for my dad to experiment on, and then decide that no one will compare to my mother.

I opened my drawers, rummaging through them for the hidden needle that contained my fix. I pulled it out, tapping on the base with my forefinger before I tied a piece of cloth around my arm, putting the loose end in my mouth to bite on.

My head lulled back as I injected. An overwhelming sense of relief washed over me. I pulled the needle out, throwing it carelessly into the trashcan before I headed back down stairs, pulling my hoodie sleeves down as I reached the bottom of the staircase.

"Keira, I have something to tell you." My dad's voice startled me.
"What?" I asked quickly, my feet bouncing up and down.
"Jenny and I are getting married."

My eyes popped out of my skull.

"Please tell me this is some kind of sick joke!" I exclaimed.
"Keira, behave." My dad warned.
"Oh behave!" I mocked. "You're getting married! Did you want me to skip around the house and sing a fucking song?" I yelled.

My dad looked shocked. Jenny fiddled with her hands uncomfortably.

"Maybe I should leave." Jenny said softly.
"No, stay." My dad pleaded.
"No, go." I commanded.

I couldn't believe my dad would do this to me. I was infuriated.

"Keira, go to your room!" My dad growled.
"My son will be over later, for dinner." Jenny said softly to him.
"Son?" My mouth dropped open.
"Yeah, Rian. He goes to Dulaney, maybe you know him." Jenny smiled.

Rian? Rian Dawson. I knew him all too well.
♠ ♠ ♠
woo. i'm happy to be writing with james. (:

comment/subscribe.