Creatures of the Night

Chapter one- Noises in the dark

It was a cold September evening. Billie Joe Armstrong was strolling through the park, He needed time to clear his head. The Midnight air was refreshing but all the same freezing cold. The only noises around him was the sound of several Cars rushing by and the faint sound of crunching leaves beneath his feet. It was the anniversary of his Fathers death and he spent it as he did every year, Alone. Looking up towards the sky he noticed several lonely stars gleaming. Billie tried taking his mind away from his father by thinking of something else. He started listening to the faint crunching sound again. crunch crunch crunch It was peaceful and it helped numb the pain. crunch crunch snap He turned quickly on instinct nobody was there. Probably trod on a stick. he carried on walking steadily, listening to the leaves whilst looking down towards his feet. crunch crunch snap Billie turned again- he knew it wasn't him it came from behind- eyes searching the park. It was too dark to see clearly. But he was almost certain someone was there. Giving up he turned to leave assuming it was just a trick of the mind. He didn't rush, he was in no hurry to get home. He knew too well what awaited him at home yet it was nothing terrible. He loved his wife and two children so much but was afraid of himself. He knew how he got when he's depressed and how he reacts around people.

After taking the longest route home, he cautiously opened his front door. the lights were off. Billie had no idea what time it was so carefully walked into the living room to find out. 2:30 it was late. Everyone should be in bed.
'I've got hell to pay in the morning' Billie thought. His wife Adie, short for Adrienne hated him being out so late when she had no idea where he was or what he was doing. He sighed, walked into the kitchen to get a glass of water before turning himself in. The light was still on. 'oh no'. Just as Billie had thought, Adie was standing at the counter waiting for him. There was a stern look to her face. she knew it was a hard time for Billie but she wished he wouldn't leave her clueless. She wanted to help but he never let her or anyone help.
"Where have you been?" She hissed. Billie knew this was coming.
"Out." Was all he answered with.
"Have you been drinking?" He shook his head. It was a truthful answer. Adie sighed. "Billie if you could just tell me where your going or take your cell phone with you i wouldn't worry so much" she whispered. "I'm just afraid you'll do something stupid."
"I'm Sorry." Adie smiled them walked up the stairs to bed. Billie was relieved it wasn't as bad as last year. They had gotten into a huge row about it and were almost finished. However managed to patch things up after a week or so.
Billie went to go check on his children, Joey And Jakob. Joey was 6 and Jakob was 4. He couldn't wait to see them grow up. But all the same he didn't want to lose them. After checking they were both sound asleep. He finally got into bed for a restless sleep.