Creatures of the Night

Chapter two- I'll love you 'till the end

The bright, early morning sun shone through the curtains and woke Billie. He groaned and turned to face away from the window expecting to find his wife but realized she wasn't there. Giving up on sleep, he got out of bed in search for some clothes. Downstairs, Adie was making breakfast for her two sons. Joey had just started school and Jakob was going to nursery. Billie stumbled down the stairs tired and irritable.
"Morning." Adie greeted her husband but he only grunted in her direction. she sighed and handed him a mug of Coffee. "I'm taking the kids to school soon what are you doing today?" she asked
"I don't know."
"Well, could you pick up some groceries while I'm gone please?"
"sure." Adie left with the boys leaving Billie alone again.

After returning from the supermarket, Adie was sitting on the sofa and saw Billie struggling so went to lend a hand. "Thanks." He muttered when everything was put away. As Adie turned to walk away Billie thought about how beautiful she looked and how bad he was treating her. "Adie." He called slightly ashamed of himself. She turned to face him wondering what he wanted. He walked towards her a pulled her in for a long, tender kiss. "I'm so sorry." He whispered in her ear as he pulled away. When she said nothing, Billie continued. "I've been a complete ass lately. Things are hard but I shouldn't take it out on the people i love. I promise I'll think next time."
"Thats what you said last year." Adie said, tears in her eyes.
"Adie, I'll love you till the end no matter what i do or say nothing will change that."
"I know, I know." Tears were freely flowing down her face now.
"I want to make it up to you. How about i take you out for dinner." Adie smiled
"I'd like that." She whispered.

The dinner was amazing. Everything went perfectly and Billie was pretty satisfied that Adie trusted him again.
"I love you Billie. Thank you." she had said as they left.
They were walking home in the dim light of the street lamps. it was quite Romantic. They were linking arms and Adie's head rested on Billies shoulder. Billie suddenly heard a similar sound which haunted him the previous night. snap. he quickly spun on the spot searching for a culprit but again, nobody was there. "Billie? whats wrong?" Adie questioned
"Did you hear that?" Billie asked still searching for any one that could be there.
"Hear what?"
"it was kinda like.... some one trod on a stick." Billie stopped and turned back around smiling once realizing how lame he sounded. Adie just stared wondering if it was a joke. Billie laughed "Sorry." He chose to forget about the irritating noises that seem to be following him. And only concentrated on Adrienne...for now.