Creatures of the Night

chapter three- I't's driving me insane

Cautiously, Billie looked around holding his army knife tight in his hand. The strange noises from the night had been happening for 4 months and Billie was mad with rage. He'd Finally had enough and for the past week he went out searching for this creature every night to put an end to it.
"SHOW YOURSELF!" He yelled into the darkness. The bush next to him rustled violently. "COWARD." He shouted turning towards the bush. He started walking uncertainly towards it, unsure of what he'll find when suddenly a powerful force threw him backwards onto the floor.Lying on his back, unable to move, Billie opened his eyes to reveal the creature sitting on top of him, holding him down.
"Ok," It said. "First, lets get one thing straight. I am not a coward." Billie said nothing, just stared into its Grey eyes. "Secondly, I had hoped we would meet sooner than this and i would have thought you to put up a better fight than that."
"Who are you?" He questioned whilst thrashing, trying to break free but to no effect.
"Not so much of a who, but more of a what." He smiled looking down at Billies confused expression. "My name is Korv Bardley. I am a Vampire."
"Well you and your Vampire friends can go and fuck yourselves." Billie spat, annoyed at being captured by the thing he was hunting.
"Excuse me?"
"Fuck off you freak and get off of me!"
"I thought this would happen," The vampire sighed
"What?"
"Okay, i might as well tell you the whole story whilst we are here. It all started 500 years ago. The prophecy predicted that all hell will break lose and our society will eventually just collapse. However it also predicted that 2 humans can save us and we must find them and turn them... into vampires that is, and they must hunt for the one thing that can save us. That is where you come in..."
"Wait what is the thing that they have to hunt for?" Billie butted in wondering what to make of this lunatic.
"We do not know. But as i was saying that is where you come in, the prophecy said you was one of the humans that can help us. So, i was asked to track you down, turn you and train you."
"What the fuck?"
"I would not expect you to believe me. but you will." Korv released one of his hands from Billies shoulder and showed him his finger nail. "See this nail, It can cut through almost anything." He demonstrated by putting it on the flesh of Billies arm and slicing a neat cut about 7 centimeters long. He winced from the pain. "do not worry. I can fix it. Korv spat onto Billies cut and gently rubbed it in massaging his arm and within a few seconds, the gash was a mere scar. "My spit can heal wounds." Billie stared at the scar amazed yet he was still unsure about this stranger. Korv released Billie and told him to stand. He was tempted to run but didn't. He wanted to find out more about this so called vampire. "Here." Korv said handing Billie a sword. "I want to see your combat skills."