Creatures of the Night

Chapter four- The battle

Korv raised his long, sharp sword.
"are you ready?" He asked, preparing for combat.
"You bet your ass i am!" Billie growled although he didn't feel to confident. Korv lunged his sword at Billie who narrowly jumped out of the way just in time.
"You do not look to ready."
"Try me." Korv lunged again and knocked Billie off of his feet intentionally trying not to hurt him.
"You are holding your sword wrong." Korv began noticing the problem. "Get up." Billie obeyed. "Look at how i am holding it." Billie corrected his mistake and prepared for battle again. Korv lunged again and the two locked swords. Billie spun and ducked under them releasing his own sword and caught Korv off guard knocking him off his feet. Although it was only a small change with his hands, he now felt confident and the sword felt natural in his hands. "Better." Korv muttered picking himself off of the ground. "Although i was only testing your strength, skills and agility. It was not bad for a human but how well will you match up to me when i test you against my full strength?" Billie was unsure of what to say it was obvious to him that he couldn't win and Korv seemed to understand. "Of course, there is no way of you defeating me, therefore no point trying. But, you have proved yourself tonight. I believe that you, with some help, can save the vampire race. That is if you accept and join us. Then my mission is complete. I can return to my people and give them hope. Will you come with me?" The realization of what he could be getting into finally hit Billie. If he went with this stranger of whom he had known for a total of one hour, there would be no coming back. He would have to leave his family, Mike, Tre and their band Green Day. Would he really sacrifice his whole life to save the lives of people who he never would have imagined ever existing? The answer was clearly no and he knew it. But somehow he was drawn to the Vampire and his odd ways. Korv stared upon Billie waiting patiently for the answer he longed to be yes.
"No." Billie shook his head. He was asking way to much of him. No way could he ever leave. "Sorry, I can't. I can't leave my family."
"You know, we vampires are not evil beings. we never hurt humans and we never turn anyone who do not wishes to be turned." Korv growled in a madman kind of way. "However. desperate times call for desperate measures. I hope you realize you have no choice in this." Billie understood what he meant and turned to run. Bad move. Korv was on him like a hawk. "Run all you like pretty boy." The vampire grabbed Billie's shoulders and forced him to the ground.
"HELP!" Billie screamed.
"Nobody can hear you." Korv smiled and leaned in. Billie shut his eyes in pain as blood spilled down his neck. He screamed again but knew it was hopeless. "Get up." Korv ordered but Billie didn't listen. "GET UP!" He shouted louder. Reluctantly, Billie got to his feet. "You are one of us now pretty boy!"
"NO! you...you can't...you didn't..." Korv just stared into Billies eyes knowing what he was about to do and when Billie made a break for freedom he hardly stopped him
"You can run but you can not hide from your destiny Billie Joe Armstrong."