Creatures of the Night

Chapter Six- What now?

Two weeks had passed and Billie was as paranoid as hell. Every time he stepped into a room, he was nervous that Korv was going to be lurking, ready to take him away. He kept worrying about his state. Was he a Vampire? was he a monster? Was he going to roam the midnight street and drink the blood of innocent passers by? These questions haunted Billie and he was pretty sure that he wasn't going to like the answers. His body had already undergone several changes. Several days earlier, He had noticed that his fingernails were hardening and his teeth could cut through forks! Also, Billie found that he was stronger, could run faster and was able withstand a whole lot more pain than before. However, he hadn't developed the thirst for blood. Yet.

Inside, Billie knew that his days at home with his family and current life were numbered. Never again would he be the same man he ever was. The thought of leaving sickened him and he cherished every second but keeping his family from the truth wasn't easy. So desperately did Billie want to tell them, to let them in on what was bothering him so much but there was no telling how they would take it.

Midnight
Billie awoke with a start. He was sweating horrendously. He often awoke at this hour due to night terrors. He was breathing heavily.
"Baby are you okay?" asked a worried Adrienne.
"Fine just...fine." Billie replied.
"Are you sure? you've been acting strange lately and this is the fourth time this week that you've woken up like this." She was really concerned
"I know," she leaned her head on Billies chest "You can tell me whenever you feel ready okay?" Billie nodded and left it at that.

The next day, Billie went to talk to fellow band member Mike. He was sure he could trust Mike with anything so he was the one who was going to know his secret.
"Hey Bill" Mike said as he opened the door.
"Hi." Billie said staring at the floor. " we need to talk."
"Oh my God are you breaking up with me?" Mike joked.
"Mike I'm serious." Said Billie agitated.
"Sorry, come in."
"Okay, where to start? I don't really know how to say this but," Billie took a deep breath "I'm a Vampire." Mike looked confused
"Right," He said " and I'm a Ware wolf!"
"I knew you wouldn't believe me." Billie muttered disappointed.
"Well it is kinda outrageous to randomly come out with!" Mike laughed
"How can I prove it to you?"
"First, promise that Tre is in no way involved in this at all." Billie laughed for the first time in weeks
"No Tre didn't put me up to this!" Bilie said.
"Well, that's a step forward!" Billie hadn't thought this through. He had no proof of his being a vampire. How could he have thought Mike would Blindly accept the news? He sighed
"Mike, I'm telling you the truth." He didn't reply, only stared at Billie uncertainly. "If you don't believe me, then thats fine. I wouldn't believe me if i was in your shoes. But i just want you to know that in a few weeks, I'm going to have to leave. I can't risk myself hurting you or Tre or my family. I'd rather die."

Comments please x