Status: Usually updated in the pattern: Gavin- Emily, Cara- Jasmine, Gavin, Cara... and so on.

My Happy Ending

11

I had heard a shot, but didn’t think much about it.
There were always shots in the area I lived in, so that was nothing new.
So I just walked on.

I walked into my first class, and everyone looked at me, and then they just turned back around, as usual.
I went and sat in my seat.
Ashley Moss, the captain of the cheerleading team, looked at me as I walked by.
That was unusual.
“Hey Gavin, “she said.
“Hi…” I said, wondering what the hell was going on.
“Do you know what’s going on outside?” she asked me.
“No I just heard a shot and continued on, because it usually happens around here,” I whispered.
“Oh no, are you ok?” she asked with what seemed like actual concern.
“Yes, I am. Thanks for asking though, “I said as the teacher walked up to the front of the room and wrote our assignment on the board.
Ashley passed me a note.

So… you got a girlfriend?

Um, no I don’t. Why?

Well… I think you are very hot.

I froze. I still had feelings for Cara, even though I had total just a banded her in her time of need.
Yes, I can be a jackass and yes, I’m admitting it, unlike most people, but now the most popular girl in the school just said she though I was hot.
I kind of thought Ashley was cute but never thought she would ask me out, because she always hung out with the popular people and if her friends knew she was going out with me, they would probably disown her.
____________________________________________

I didn’t know what to do, choose my normal background, being a nobody, or to change and become a somebody.