Status: Usually updated in the pattern: Gavin- Emily, Cara- Jasmine, Gavin, Cara... and so on.

My Happy Ending

2

“Caroline! Come down here! It’s time to go!” My mother called up the stairs.
“Coming, “I called down the stairs.
I looked in the mirror and frowned.
Looking back at me, a girl with thick rimmed glasses and a messy ponytail frowned.
I shook my head and grabbed my bag off of my bed.
“Cara, “Noah called from his door way.
I walked over to his door.
“Can you tell mom that I’m sick? Tell her that I just threw up, or something. Be creative. Tell her I can’t go to school, and that I’m going back to bed, “he muttered quietly.
“Okay, whatever. I’ll tell her, “I muttered back at him.
I went downstairs and Mother waited by the door.
“Uh, Noah’s sick. He just threw up, and I took his temperature and its 99.8, “I reported.
“Oh dear, I bet he’s got that bug that’s going around, “she reasoned.
I nodded, and followed her to the car.

She dropped me off in front of the school, and handed me some money for lunch.
“Remember, I’ll be working late today. You have to get a ride with Elizabeth, “she reminded me.
I shuddered, but nodded.
I threw my bag across my shoulder and walked up the steps.
A group of girls walked by, and laughed tauntingly at me.
“At least I can get a date, “one of them laughed loudly.
I looked down.

I was destined to die alone, or at least very hated.
Why is it that just because I’m smart, everyone hates me?

I assumed this would be another day in hell on earth, but maybe I was wrong.
♠ ♠ ♠
Fumbling with confidence, and wondering why the world has passed her by...