Status: in progress.

Mistakes We Knew We Were Making

I First Met You.

"It's hot as hell in here."

I shifted my binders in my arm, my body already sticky with sweat despite it being only seven in the morning. The main lobby of the high school was burning up with everyone standing in there and talking away. I stood in the corner with Becca, my sister from another mister. The similarities we held were kind of hard to believe. We were born in November, only twenty days apart. We had the same name, our brothers had the same name, and our parents were married in the same month only five days difference. In addition, we often thought the same by finishing each other's sentences and wearing the same colors and clothes on the same day.

"I know," Becca replied.

"Buddy's okay, by the way," I said. Becca smiled, seeming happy for me. My dog looked like his ribs were protruding from his side and he seemed like he would never walk straight again. However, we had been assured a full recovery. If only he would take his meds.

A tall guy appeared by Becca, and I immediately clammed up. I hated how shy I was, but there was really nothing that I could do about it. My nature was to be quiet. However, as Becca knew well, I would be loud and annoying once you got to know me.

"This is Jon," Becca said suddenly. I looked up at him and offered a smile, but I felt odd inside, like I wouldn't be able to speak. He was cute, a sophomore, or at least I thought so.

"Hi. I'm Becky." I just tried to be nice. I figured he was new here since I'd never seen him before, unless he really had lived here his entire life and I had just been oblivious to it.

"Hey," he said in reply. I turned away and looked at Becca, beginning to talk about Buddy again to let her know what else was going on. Becca had a soft spot for animals just like I had. I also couldn't think of what to say to have a three-way conversation, so I slumped back into my shyness and stuck with the one person I knew well.

"He won't take his pills so he's not gonna recover," I said frowning.

"What's going on?" Jon asked. I looked back up at him.

"My dog got hit by a car the other day and he wont take his pills unless we hide them in food."

"Don't hide them in food. Crush them up and put them in his water bowl so he doesn't know."

I was stunned. Why hadn't I thought of that?

"Shit, that would work. Thanks." I smiled.

"You're in our lunch, aren't you?" Becca asked Jon suddenly.

"Yeah, I think so," he replied.

"Well, that's going to be something."

Yeah, something indeed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Go ahead and say what you want about this story. If so far you think I'm pathetic and out of my mind, fine.
I want honest opinions. Thanks.