Sequel: We've Lost Control
Status: Complete.

Your Love Will Be Safe With Me

I Never Wanna Leave Your Side

The shopping trip was successful. I got some Betsey Johnson jewelry, clothes from American Apparel, H & M, and a few other little stores. At one point, Nick and I separated from the group and stepped into a jewelry store to buy my wedding ring. It wasn’t anything huge or flashy. It was white gold with three princess cut stones in a row. We got a sixteen inch chain that I could wear it on as well underneath my shirt, hidden from everyone.

I tried to talk him out of it, but he insisted on buying it. I honestly didn’t need a ring to put on my finger, but it was something he wanted to do. I felt bad for everything he was spending money on, but he just shrugged it off. I knew his band didn’t make enough money for him to be spending this much on me.

Malinda got in at around three right after Nick and I walked out of Kay Jewelers. I introduced her to Justin and Halvo then we all continued on shopping. As we walked through the food court area, Hanley pulled Malinda aside to have a conversation. At one point I saw Malinda’s eyes widen then she laughed and her lips mouthed ‘That’s so great.’ I watched them curiously as I clutched onto Nick’s hand. Something was up.

For dinner, I wore a high-waist pencil skirt that came up to right under my boobs and down to the middle of my thighs with a white tank top tucked in. Over it, I wore one of Nick’s cardigans since I forgot to pack any of mine. I wore a Betsey Johnson necklace I had bought earlier in the day. It was a bronze colored chain with a bronze colored safety pin and bow hanging from it. I also wore a long feather necklace that I got as a birthday gift from my parents the year before. I hardly ever went a day without wearing it.

I kept my ring on the chain in the velvet box in my suitcase so no one would wonder about it, but I kept the teal ring that was my original wedding ring on my ring finger. If anyone asked, I’d tell them it was the only finger it would fit on (which was true; I had weird fingers). Nick continued to wear the yellow one on his left hand.

We walked hand in hand down to the restaurant. The pink heels I wore clicked against the tile while the worn leather boots he wore clicked as well.

“I’m positive Hanley has something planned. I don’t know what, yet, though.” I said as we rode the elevator down to the main level. The latest Britney Spears single was playing through the spears and I resisted the urge to sing out loud.

“What makes you think that?” He asked as the elevator stopped and a couple a little older than us got on.

“She has this look in her eye. Trust me, I know.” I said quietly, so I couldn’t bother the other couple. “You don’t know anything about it, do you?” I asked quickly once he didn’t say anything.

He shook his head, “I don’t know a thing.” He said reassuring me. I stood there as I contemplated what exactly she had up her sleeve.

We were the last ones to get to the restaurant. Justin was trying to keep a conversation going with my sister while Halvo and Hanley played on slot machines right outside the entrance. Once we told the receptionist we were all there, she led us through the restaurant and up the stairs. With how tight my skirt was, I found it awkward and difficult climbing the staircase and kept having to pull the bottom down while Nick tried not to laugh.

We were right on the edge of the top story. Nick, myself, and Malinda sat with out back facing the railing while Justin, Halvo, and Hanley sat on the other side. Drinks and appetizers were going when Halvo pointed out that I was wearing Nick’s teal ring on my ring finger.

“It’s risky to wear a ring on that finger.” He said as he pointed his plastic chopsticks at me. “People might think you’re married.”

I laughed out loud nervously, “Married? Nick and I just started dating and I’m barely legal.” I waved it off. “I just asked if I could wear it and it just happened to only fit on my ring finger.” I explained without a fault.

I guessed I was a good liar because the four of them believed me. I looked over at Nick with slightly widened eyes and he patted my bare leg in comfort.

“Do you guys want to hear something funny?” Nick asked the table when everyone finished their egg drop soup.

We all agreed in mumbled “sures” and “yeahs”

“Sawyer was at one of the Fall Rocket shows.”

Hanley, Halvo, and Justin looked at me. “When?!” They all asked in unison.

“Remember when I went up to visit my dad’s side of the family back in September?” I asked Hanley and she nodded. “My cousin, Lucy, dragged me to a show with her and they just happened to be opening.” I said referring to A Rocket To The Moon.

“It was The Cab tour.” Nick explained to Halvo and Justin. “Remember that night club they kicked us out of at like nine because it was actually turning into a nightclub?” A look of recognition crossed their features. “Justin, you weren’t even there.” Nick said with a laugh.

He shrugged, “I still remember you telling me later that week when we touring together.”

I snorted at the two.

“WAIT!” Hanley yelled and we all stopped what we were doing to stare at her. “Didn’t we go see them at the beginning of December with Secondhand Serenade?”

My eyes widened, “Oh shit! We did!” I laughed out loud.

“You were there?” Nick asked, mouth agape. I nodded sheepishly. “I saw Hanley after the show. Where were you?” He asked a bit hurt.

I pouted at him, “I had to go home because I had to drive out to Arizona the next morning.”

He pouted then turned to Hanley, “Why didn’t you demand she stay and meet us? We could have hit it off back then and got together so much earlier.” Nick complained and we all laughed. I squeezed his hand and smiled at how adorable he was being.

“Trust me, if I knew you guys were going to be all over each other within a week, I would have forced you two together sooner. I never really thought about it because Sawyer keeps to herself most of the time.”

I blushed as the rest of the table laughed. Nick’s hand found mine underneath the table and I smiled at him.

The rest of dinner went well. I filled up easily on way too much pork fried rice and double pan fried noodles. Another reason why I regretted wearing the tight skirt. Since it was my birthday, I got to choose a dessert out of the ten cake shots they had. While I tried to fit that down, Hanley told me that when we got home she would give me a free tattoo at her shop as a birthday present. I was totally psyched since I’d been bugging her to tattoo me ever since I’d grown comfortable with her, but she always told me that she’d do it when I was “of age.” I immediately began thinking up possible ideas.

After this announcement, she told us we had somewhere else to be before eleven. I shot Nick an ‘I-told-you-so’ look then followed her out to the van. I guessed she told someone to grab the keys before dinner. We all piled into the van with Halvo driving and Hanley sitting in the front seat. Malinda and Justin sat in the row behind Nick and I and began their own conversation. Malinda was showing him her tattoos. When I turned back to look ahead of me, Hanley was holding out a bandana (one of the many I knew she owned).

“Wha-what are you doing?” I asked warily as she handed it to Nick.

“Nick, tie this around her eyes, so she can’t see.” I began to protest, but Hanley cut me off with a groan. “Come on, Sawyer, just go with the flow.”

I shook my head, “What if I don’t want to go with the flow?”

Hanley glared at me, “Put the damn bandana on her.”

I looked over at Nick, who looked very apologetic. “I’m sorry.” He said quietly as he tied it behind my head. Once he finished I felt him lean away from me (I got colder due to lack of body warmth and I couldn’t smell his body wash anymore). “How many fingers am I holding up?” He asked.

I shrugged, “Six?” I guessed since I really couldn’t see.

“He’s holding up a peace sign.” Malinda said from behind me.

I smirked, “You would.”

“Whatever.” He huffed.

“Where am I going?” Halvo asked.

“Excalibur.” Hanley answered. I could just picture the evil smirk on her face.

I gulped, trying to think of what she could possibly have planned.
♠ ♠ ♠
outfit.ring

I was actually at the Karma show up in Victorville. It was very weird. At like nine they were clearing everyone out and there was a line of people outside waiting for it to turn into a club. I don't even know.
Thank you to slashxdash and feeling weightless; for commenting. :]

Chapter title: Left Waiting by The Veronicas