Sequel: We've Lost Control
Status: Complete.

Your Love Will Be Safe With Me

This Could Be What We Needed

Dinner that night was pretty uneventful. Malinda was still a little drunk, but not hysterical anymore. She laughed everything off as a joke and got on with her life.

We drove home the next afternoon with nothing too exciting happening. Hanley rode with Malinda so she wouldn’t be lonely and we planned on picking her up from Malinda’s house once we got there.

We were all tired when we got back to the apartment. I dropped my suitcase down on my bedroom floor then collapsed on my bed, face first. I heard Nick laugh from the doorway where he was leaning against the doorframe.

“Don’t laugh at me.” I said, a bit muffled from the pillow my face was squished in.

“What was that?” He asked.

I turned my head to look at him. “I said: don’t laugh at me.” I repeated.

He just smiled at me then walked over to where my bag was and dropped his bag next to it. “So should I just move my stuff in here?” He asked as he looked around.

I shrugged, “What’s mine is yours now.” I said.

He walked around to the other side of my bed and laid down. I shifted my body so I could turn my head and look at him comfortably.

“How are we going to work this?” He asked.

I stared blankly at him. “Work what?”

“Are we going to live together?” He asked. “The three of us can’t just live here forever. There isn’t enough room and the label has a place waiting for us.”

“Oh.” I said quietly. “Well married couples live together…” I trailed off.

“Yeah, but no one knows about that yet.”

I sighed, “And it would be weird if we were living together after a week of dating.” He nodded sadly. “Then I guess it would be smartest if you lived with the band.” I was sad that he had to go. I just got him and I probably wouldn’t see him as much as I liked because he wouldn’t be with me and he’d be recording all the time. “Where is this place you’ll be staying at?” I asked as I began to play with the necklaces resting on his chest.

“The label said it would be convenient if it was near the studio and the studio is in Culver City.”

I’ll admit that I kind of expected him to be just down the street from me, but a fifteen minute car ride wasn’t that bad. “That’s not too bad.”

He shook his head, “Not at all. Plus, I’ll be staying the night here at least twice a week. I can promise you that.” He said then kissed the top of my head while I smiled. I felt my eyes begin to droop as my body relaxed. Soon enough I was asleep.
---
When I woke up it was a light gray color outside. It was quickly moving onto a darker shade of black, letting me know that it was well passed 7. I looked over at where I left Nick, but all that was there were rumpled sheets. I jumped up and looked around the room. Nothing. Our luggage was still by the closet, untouched. Turning my head more to the left, I looked at the clock on my nightstand next to the iPod docking station. 7:43. The nap was almost three hours long.

I got up from the bed and walked to the door. The hallway light was on, but all I heard was silence. As I walked toward the living room, guitar strums began playing.

‘Well at least they didn’t leave me home all alone.’ I thought to myself as I walked into the living room.

Nick sat on the couch with an acoustic guitar in his lap and an open notebook open in front of him on the coffee table. A look of concentration was on his face. He was obviously in the zone.

“Maybe I’m your mister right, Baby. Maybe I’m the one you like.” He sang softly then stopped. After a few seconds where he looked deep in thought, he groaned then fell back against the cushions, running a hand through his hair.

His head slowly turned in my direction, “Hey.” He smiled.

I smiled back, “Hi.”

“Nice nap?” He asked as he moved his guitar off to the side.

“It was nice.” I said then started toward the couch. “Where is everyone?” I asked as I sat down.

“They took Hanley to get her car from the airport then to pick up some Chinese. They should be home soon.”

I nodded then looked at his notebook, “What are you working on?”

He sighed then leaned forward to grab the book from the table. “Just a song.”

“Can I see?”

He shrugged and handed it over.

I began reading, keeping an open mind so I could figure out what it meant.

‘My girlfriend’s got a boyfriend. He doesn’t make a dime all day. And all her girlfriend’s boyfriends with money. What more can I say? Maybe I’m your mister right, Baby. Maybe I’m the one you like’

There were a lot of scratches and it was obvious he was having a problem with it.

“It’s not that great seeing as it’s not close to being finished and there’s like three lines.”

I smiled at his exaggeration. “It’s good. You just need to write the rest.”

He laughed, “Oh I know.”

“It’s a good thing you’re going off with Mr. Beckett to write songs.” I sighed dramatically.

“You’re just so jealous about that aren’t you?” He teased.

“Yes.” I said with a straight face.

“I’ll let you talk to him at least once.”

I smiled, “You’re amazing.” I said then wrapped my arms around his neck, bringing him into a hug.

“Best husband ever?” He asked.

I nodded into his neck then let go. “What day are you leaving?” I asked.

“Next Monday. Coming back Sunday.” He answered.

“That means you get to meet my parents.” I smiled in excitement.

His eyes widened. “What? So soon?”

I scoffed, “Nick, you’re kind of obligated to meet your wife’s parents. Usually before the wedding, but this will have to do.”

He chuckled, “I guess you’re right.” He sighed then looked down at me, “This means I get to take you home to Braintree.” This time my eyes widened. “Don’t worry; you’ll have until May to freak out about it.” He smirk and I slapped his chest causing him to laugh.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay. First off. In the first chapter I said that Hanley dated Nick's brother. Well Nick doesn't have a brother so I'm changing that to Hanley is the cousin of Nick's sister's best friend. Make sense? Okay. It just makes more sense later in the story.

Second Merry Christmas. It's a miracle I updated! I went and saw Breathe Carolina again then ended up getting sick so I've been sick since Saturday. But I'm ALL better now :D
I might update again before I leave for Arizona on December 28. I'm not sure.

Thanks for commenting. It means a lot. I wish more people would though. I noticed I have five stars now, though. That's pretty freaking sweet. So THANK YOU! :D

Chapter title: No Vacancy by Breathe Carolina