Sequel: We've Lost Control
Status: Complete.

Your Love Will Be Safe With Me

Highways Flew By

The AP Tour was underway. We were in Dallas, Texas for the first day of tour and I was already tired. The drive there was long and boring and consisted of basically just me finishing two packets of homework. I’d definitely have the whole class done by the time I got home on the twenty-seventh. I tried to pack as light as I could and ended up with a small suitcase. I didn’t pack clothes like my normal attire, but instead chose some jeans and t-shirts with a few dresses for the hot Southern air. I packed my heels, though, because I knew I was going to be surrounded by a whole bunch of tall guys. Nick told me I was crazy, but I blamed it on my insecurity. He understood after that.

I was introduced to the guys of The Maine, who were real good friends of Rocket’s, almost immediately after we arrived in Texas. I’d heard their music and was not a big fan, but liked a few songs. I didn’t hold this against them, though.

This was the first time I was seeing A Rocket To The Moon play when I actually knew their music. I was excited and stayed side stage for their set, so I could wish them luck then greet them when they got offstage. Afterward, I helped their merch guy, Bam, with selling merch and watched Nick interact with his fans. Every now and again he’d look over and smile at me, putting butterflies in my stomach.

Two months and even the simplest of things like a smile still got my heart beating faster and my stomach do somersaults.

Day two was South by Southwest in Austin, Texas. To put it lightly, I was excited; I’d always wanted to go to SXSW. Rocket played pretty early in the day, so that left Nick and I to roam around and see some bands. Mostly random ones we had never heard of before. Other than that, nothing too exciting happened.

Day three we were in Houston, Texas. I decided to watch from the media pit in front of the stage and took pictures with Nick’s beautiful camera. The show was honestly so much better from the front of the stage rather than the side. Instead of just seeing just seeing their backs, you could see their faces and watch their expressions and see just how much fun they were having. I stayed in the media pit the whole show, taking pictures. I really enjoyed the whole thing

Day four was a driving day, which meant nothing at all happened except passing scenery. I tried to sleep, but it was hard. I finally gave up at one point and talked quietly to Halvo, who was driving.

I was excited for the Tempe show because my parents decided to drive the two hours to see me since I hadn’t seem them since the dinner at my grandma’s and this was the closest the tour was getting to them. Nick and I debated on telling them we got married or not, but decided against it since it was still a little too early for anything like that. I was relieved seeing as I would probably be taken away from them and back to their place in Parker where they would lock me up for the rest of my life and make me file for divorce.

Day five: Tempe, Arizona. We met with my parents early in the day for lunch at Cracker Barrel. I greeted them with hugs and smiles then sat down in the wooden chair next to Nick and across from my father. Conversation flowed well, we talked about what was going on in our family and the tour we were on. Then my mom noticed the ring dangling from the chain around my neck.

“Where’d you get that?” She asked.

Inside, I was panicking, but outside I was calm. Sort of. “U-uhm, g-grandma gave it to me.” I lied.

“My mom?” My dad asked and I nodded uneasily.

“Y-yeah. For my birthday. I don’t feel comfortable with it on my finger, so I put it on a chain I had.”

They looked at me skeptically but seemed to buy it which satisfied me.

We talked about my graduation which would be in June sometime, but I was completing my credits in the next month. Outside, when we were done, I showed them my new tattoo which they immediately disapproved of because of how big it was but said it was very well done. They stayed to see Rocket play then left once Nick had said goodbye. It went well and I couldn’t have been happier about it.

On day seven we were in Vegas, playing the House of Blues at Mandalay Bay. Nick and I had planned to go back to the chapel we got married at, but never got the chance to get away, sadly.

This show was apparently the only show out of the whole tour that wasn’t sold out, but Rocket played amazingly well. The next day we would be in LA already and I was sad to say goodbye. I still had the Pomona and San Diego shows to go to, but I was still upset about my time with Nick coming to an end.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is super short which is why I decided to post it right now. It's short and boring and that sucks. I'm sorry.
Thank you, though, to the two of you that commented. I hope more people comment this time even though I don't expect them to because this chapter was so boring.

chapter title: Runaway by Yeah Yeah Yeahs