Sequel: We've Lost Control
Status: Complete.

Your Love Will Be Safe With Me

I and Love and You

After the show at Avalon (where I was reunited with Hanley), Nick came back and stayed the night at the apartment. We were both exhausted from the no sleep we got the passed week and fully clean from our respective showers we got. Tour life was rough, but I loved it already.

We laid in my bed half awake with The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson playing softly in the background. We laid facing each other with out hands clasped between our chests and our feet and legs tangled beneath the blanket lying on top of us. My eyes were beginning to flutter closed and Nick’s face was beginning to escape from my sight.

“Sawyer,” He said softly.

my eyes opened slowly to look at him, “Hmm?” I mumbled, eyes beginning to already close again.

“I’m really going to miss you.” He said in the same tone of voice and I smiled softly, eyes completely closed.

“I’m going to miss you, too.” I mumbled quietly, hoping he heard me.

“Sawyer,” He said again barely above a whisper. A burst of laughter filled the room from the studio audience on the TV.

“huh?” I grunted.

He paused and I forced my eyes open to look at him.

“I love you.”

Butterflies were immediately unleashed in my stomach as I smiled widely at him. “I love you, too.” I said confidently then slowly leaned forward to connect our lips for a sweet kiss. Not long after we pulled away I fell asleep, but not before he wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him.
----
I really didn’t want to wake up the next morning. I didn’t realize just exactly how tired I was until Nick was shaking me awake. Eventually, I ended up trudging my way out of bed. After about fifteen minutes of him trying to wake me up. He had to be at the Glasshouse at around three in time for sound check.

I straightened my bangs so they didn’t feather out like they normally would and put my make up on. It was a little chilly so I opted to wear a pair of black heels with darker gray wash skinny jeans, a white shirt and my motorcycle jacket. On my head was a gray fedora and on my eyes were white bug eye glasses. Nick had his hair in his perfect mess and wore normal wash skinny jeans with a baseball tee that had light blue sleeves. At the last second he slipped on a pair of sandals, showing off the tattoo on his foot of a Native-American woman. I grabbed my overnight bag since the band would be sleeping at my sister’s place so they didn’t have to get a hotel room and were closer to San Diego.

We drove my Jetta down to Pomona and got there about the same time the rest of the band did. There was a long line already lined up down the street and the buses were set up on the street above it. Nick and I walked up to the front entrance where Justin, Halvo, Loren, and Bam were unloading the trailer. I was getting glares from some of the girls in the line which threw me off a bit, but I didn’t let it show.

I helped Bam set up the merch table-which really didn’t take much work-while the rest of the guys loaded in. Once the table was set up and the shirts were counted, the two of us made our way to where the stage was. Loren was putting together his drums while Justin and Nick were messing with their guitars and Halvo sat on an amp. There wasn’t really anyone else in the venue because Rocket was the first band playing which meant they were the last to load in. Nick and I made eye contact then he let out a deep breath.

“Guys, there’s something that Sawyer and I need to tell you.” He said as he turned to look at the other three on stage with him.

I saw Justin sigh heavily and slump his shoulders. He obviously knew what this was about, as did I.

“When we were in Vegas back in January, we decided to get married.” He explained and I winced as Halvo dropped his bass onto the stage.

It was painfully quiet. All I could do was switch my weight from left to right foot over and over again. Finally, Bam spoke up.

“Okay, so when’s the big day?” He asked and I resisted the urge to slap myself on the forehead.

Nick cleared his throat, “Well, you see, when I say we decided to get married I mean we actually went out and got married while we were in Vegas.”

“Dammit!” Halvo cursed after he dropped his bass again.

“Hey, Buddy, you might not want to drop that; it can only take so much rough lovin’” John O’Callaghan said as him, Garrett, and Kennedy walked into the venue with suitcases.

All of us except the three from The Maine exchanged silent words that Nick and I didn’t want anyone else to know about the marriage, yet.
---
The show went well. Malinda and Danny came out to see what all the fuss about the tour was I’d been telling them about. They were impressed and that made me happy. It was another step of getting Nick officially welcomed into the family.

As the band loaded the van, I was standing off to the side with Malinda while Danny ran off to get their truck.

“So Nick told me he loves me last night.” I said with a smile as we watched them work.

She looked at me, almost shocked, but mostly happy. “Really?!” She practically squealed and I nodded. “That’s cute. Did you say it back?” She asked and I nodded again, now with a bigger smile on my face.

“Yeah, I’m just really happy about it right now.”

She smiled back at me, “Awh! You’re growing up! You’re in love!” She clasped her hands together and rested her chin on them as she continued to smile at me.

I thought back to when he said it the night before and got butterflies. “I’m just so insanely happy right now.” I gushed and she continued to smile.

“You guys are so cute together, too. Just wait until you get married.” She turned and looked at the guys, missing my faltered smile.

“Yeah.” I laughed nervously

A car horn caught our attention along with everyone else in the alley. We turned and looked to the street where Danny was sitting in the truck watching us. Malinda turned to me, “I’ll see you back at my place, okay? The door will be unlocked.” She hugged me and I hugged back.

Danny honked again. And kept honking.

“Danny!” She practically screeched once we pulled away. “Shut the fuck up! I’m coming! Why are you so fucking annoying?!” She looked at me and rolled her eyes. Everyone from the band stopped what they were doing and stared at her, but she didn’t even notice. She just turned and waved to them then made her way to the end of the alley were her husband waited for her. She slammed the door shut then Danny immediately sped off, the special-made pipes of his truck echoing in the alley and making a few car alarms go off as he drove by the parking lot.

I laughed at this “Only my family.” I said under my breath.
---
Nick and I drove in my car, leading the rest of the boys in the van to Malinda and Danny’s house two cities over. It was around 12:30 AM by the time we got there and their neighborhood was quiet.

‘Doesn’t your sister have kids?” Halvo asked as we walked up to the door.

“Yeah, but they’re staying at my grandma’s house this weekend.” I said then stopped. “Where did you think they were all night?” He shrugged and I laughed.

The dogs attacked when everyone got inside. Malinda walked out of the hallway in her pajamas. “So, the kids’ rooms are open and there’s two couches plus an air mattress. Choose wisely.” She smirked then walked into the kitchen.

We all stared at each other for a second then started yelling over each other, trying to get our voices heard above everyone else.

“I call Charlie's room!” I yelled, putting my hand up in the air.

“I’m with her!” Nick yelled after.

“Couch!” Justin yelled.

“I wanted the couch!” Bam yelled through a pout.

“There’s two!” He yelled back.

“One is smaller than the other!” He retaliated.

“Well I call the little girl room.” Halvo yelled.

“Fuck Dude, I was gonna call that!” Loren yelled.

"Pedophile." I said through a fake cough which earned me a glare from the both of them.

“I want the air mattress!” Their tour manager, Britton, yelled.

It ended up with Nick and I in Charlie’s room, Halvo in Keelie’s room, Justin and Bam on the air mattress, Loren on the smaller couch and Britton on the bigger one.

I was sitting on the twin-sized bed admiring Nick as he stuffed clothes into a duffle bag after he had changed into flannel pajama pants and a white shirt. Finally once he was done he looked at me, “What?” He asked then threw the bag down on the carpet.

“Nothing. I just love you.” I said softly.

He smiled then came over and put both arms on both sides of me. “Well, that’s a good thing since we’re married and all.” I giggled as he leaned in and kissed me. After a few seconds, he pulled away. “Oh and I love you, too."
♠ ♠ ♠
outfit
This isn't her. I stole this off of lookbook's tumblr.

Comment?

Title credit: The Avett Brothers - I and Love and You