Sequel: We've Lost Control
Status: Complete.

Your Love Will Be Safe With Me

I Love You. I Swear It. I Would Never Lie.

“Hey Mom.” Nick said into his iPhone the next day. I was lying on my stomach watching him pace back and forth.

“So you finally decided to call your mother?” Her voice floated through the room due to his speakerphone.

“Yeah. I’m sorry about that.” He said “Something just came up over here in LA with Sawyer.”

“She’s not pregnant, is she?”

My eyes widened as did his. “What?! No! Mom, it was something else.” My eyes were still wide as he continued to talk to her.

“Okay, just checking.”

He rolled his eyes, “Anyways, I probably won’t be home until sometime next week.” He looked over at me for conformation and I nodded. I would be able to hide my bruises by then.

“Is Sawyer still coming with you?” She asked.

“Yeah. She should be fine with it.”

“Okay. I can’t wait to meet her. You haven’t brought home a girl in such a long time.” I smiled at her enthusiasm.

“Well I’m pretty sure she’s excited to meet you guys, too.” He smiled softly.

“You said you met her parents already, right?”

He nodded even though she couldn’t see him, “Yeah. I’ve practically met her whole family.” I laughed.

“Oh! Is that her?” She excitedly asked.

“Yeah, Mom, you’ve been on speaker the whole time.”

“Oh!” She exclaimed. “Why didn’t you tell me?” She scolded. “Hi Sawyer, how’re you doing Hon?”

I smiled at the sweetness in her voice. “I’m doing all right, Mrs. Santino. How are you?” I called out so she could hear me.

“I’m doing quite well, thank you. Just waiting for you guys to show up.”

“Oh, I’m sorry to keep him from you for another week. I just really needed him here.” Nick sat down next to me, so I wouldn’t have to keep shouting.

“It’s fine as long as you’re okay.”

“I’ll be fine soon.” I said.

“Mom, we’ll be out there on, like, Sunday at the earliest.” Nick said then waited for her answer.

“Okay, Hon. We’ll see you then.” She said.

“Tell Dad I miss him.”

"Will do.”

“Love you.” He said, causing me to smile.

“Love you, too. Bye.”

He hung up and looked down at my smiling face. “What?” He asked a bit freaked out.

“You’re so cute.” I said with a laugh and he rolled his eyes playfully.

“Oh yeah?” He twisted his body so he was facing me. I rolled over onto my back and looked up at him.

“Yeah.” I smiled.

“Well.” He leaned over my body with his hands on both sides of me. “I think you’re pretty cute yourself.” He said and I giggled as he leaned down and kissed me. My hands immediately went to wrap around his neck and play with the hair at the nape of it, under the rest of his dyed orange hair.

I think the best thing for me at that point was Nick; he kept my mind off of what happened and was making me be myself again. I wasn’t scared anymore and was just completely happy. I was glad he cared enough to fly across the country to see what was wrong with me.

He pulled away, but kept hovering over me, so I continued to rake my fingers through his hair and stare into his beautiful green eyes.

“God, I love you.” He breathed and I smiled lovingly up at him.

“I love you, too.” I said sweetly. “I’m so glad you were in my apartment that day.”

He smiled, “So am I.” He leaned down and kissed me again, sending my head into a whirlwind of dizziness. He just had that effect on me.

About an hour later, we were lying in bed, cuddling with each other while Alt. Nation played some song I didn’t know on the TV. Nick was playing with my hair, sending shivers up and down my spine.

“Are you cold?” He asked after I shivered again.

“No. You’re just giving me the chills with the way you’re running your fingers through my hair.” I said softly.

"Oh! Sorry. I’ll stop.” He said and retracted his hand.

“No, no. It’s fine. Keep doing it.” I urged as I reached up and pulled his hand down to my head. Chuckling quietly, began running his fingers through my long hair again.

“How long have you been growing out your hair?” He asked.

I let out a long breath as I thought back to when I first stopped cutting my hair. “Since I was fifteen?” I guessed and he let out a low whistle.

“Wow."

I chuckled, “Yeah. I’m thinking about cutting it, though.”

“How short? He asked and I shrugged.

“Maybe like five inches or something.”

He kissed the top of my head lovingly, “Just don’t cut it too short; I love your long hair.” I took his words into consideration.

After a couple more moments of silence between us, I jumped up. Nick watched me curiously as I got out of bed. “What are you doing?” He asked.

I looked over my shoulder at him and smirked, “Taking a bubble bath; my body Is still a little sore from…” I paused and cleared my throat, “the other night.” It still hurt to talk about it.

Nick got out of bed and slowly made his way to me, stopping when he was directly behind me. He brushed all of my hair over my right shoulder then began to massage my tense shoulder muscles. “Hey,” He said softly. “It’s all going to be fine. You’re safe here with me and I’m now going anywhere.” He leaned down and planet a soft kiss on the back of my neck. I shut my eyes at the sensual feeling he was giving me. “Next week, we’ll go and leave this crazy city. Maybe after that we’ll take a vacation somewhere.” He said in a low voice right by my left ear.

I nodded, “It sounds great.” I said in the save tone of voice.

“Well plan it when you’re out of the bath.”

Oh, right! My bath. I had totally forgotten right when he started massaging my shoulders.

His hands suddenly stopped and dropped down to my waist. “Sawyer,” He said and I turned my head to the side, so I could see him out of the corner of my eye.

“hmm?”

“I love you.” He said.

“I love you, too.” I smiled. “Your hands work wonders.”

He laughed, “Go take you bath.” He let go of my waist and I smiled. He was definitely what I needed in my life at that point.
---
When I finally emerged from the bathroom all pruney and clean, I smelled something cooking in the kitchen. Sniffing the air, my stomach rumbled. It smelled good. By the smell, I knew it was some kind of pasta. I quickly dressed into a baggy Brand New t-shirt and boy shorts. My hair fell in wet waves down my back and the yellow covered bruise on my eye was very dominant on my face. My lip was also scabbing. I cringed at my face before looking away from the mirror and walking out into the kitchen.

Nick was at the stove, stirring something in a pot. He hadn’t seen me come in since his back was to me. I stood there and watched him cook; I’d never known him to be one for cooking. Suddenly, he groaned in frustration as he stirred some more.

“What are you making?” I asked which caused him to jump.

“Shit Sawyer! I didn’t even hear you come out of the bathroom.” He said then continued stirring. While he stirred, I walked into the kitchen and leaned against the counter next to him.

“Sorry.” I apologized with a weak smile.

He shrugged then leaned down and pecked my lips. I smiled a bit bigger at the feel of his lips on mine. I’d never get tired of it.

I peaked over the side of the pot he was stirring and saw red sauce boiling. “Spaghetti, eh?” I asked and folded my arms over my chest.

“Yup. I thought I’d make you dinner. This was all that you had that wasn’t expired or just plain disgusting.” He said then took the spoon out of the hot pasty sauce and set it on the counter.

I just chuckled, “I need to go to the store. That’s usually Hanley’s job.”

“When’s Hanley coming back anyways?” He asked in curiosity.

“Friday.” I answered.

“Four days.” He stated and I nodded. “Are you going to tell her?” He asked and I shrugged.

“Depends on how terrible I look.” I mumbled.

He looked at me disapprovingly, “Sawyer, what have I told you?” He asked sternly and I sighed.

“I know. I just feel so ashamed of what happened.” I said suddenly feeling vulnerable.

Quickly, he pulled me into his chest, “I know you do and that’s a normal thing to feel right after you get attacked, but it will go away with time. Just be strong. Remember: I’m here.” He paused, “My love is always on your side.” He quoted himself. I let out a choked laugh and wiped away the tears that had spilled over. “It’s true, though, Sawyer, my love is always on your side."

I looked up at him through tear filled eyes, “I know and I love you for that. You’re my wall right now. You’re keeping me afloat. You’re helping me with this and I thank you so much for that. I’m so glad you came to see what was up with me because I couldn’t do this without your support.”

He met my lips halfway with his. “it’s the husband’s job.” He smiled and I chuckled.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really couldn't care less about typos or mistakes because I am having a pretty stressful last few days.
Sorry for the long wait.
Comment?

chapter title: War Sweater by Wakey!Wakey!