Sequel: We've Lost Control
Status: Complete.

Your Love Will Be Safe With Me

My Friends, They are So Beautiful

“So, what are we going today?” I asked Nick as he walked into the room with a towel wrapped around his waist. His orange hair was dripping with water and matted to his head.

I’d already taken a shower and was in the process of putting my makeup on when he walked in. My hair was falling down in soft waves as it dried and I was wearing pajama pants and a white wife beater.

“I was thinking about taking you to meet some of my friends.” He said as he slipped on a pair of boxer briefs under the towel.

I smiled at him, “Okay. Definitely.” He smiled back.

I finished putting my make up on which consisted of blue, silver eyeshadow and a bit of eyeliner. Next, I put on a pair of black calf highs and some fitted shorts. I planned on wearing a pair of my boots that really hugged my legs and would need the high socks to keep them from rubbing against my skin. Lastly, I put on a loosely fitted gray t-shirt to complete the look. The only necklace hanging from my neck was the chain with the teal ring that Nick gave me as my first wedding ring. That one meant more to me than the diamond that replaced it.

By the time I was ready and had my boots on, Nick was walking in from the bathroom with his hair styled into the perfect mess of, what I liked to call, the “Ryan Cabrera.” He was wearing a Snakes & Suits shirt, normal wash skinnies, and a pair of navy blue Toms. He frowned when he looked at me and I began to panic.

“What?”

“You have such better style than I do.” He pouted.

I laughed, relieved by what he said then went over to him and kissed his lips. “I love your style.” I smiled.

He smiled back, “Well, I love you.” He tapped me on the tip of my nose, causing me to scrunch my face up.

“You’re corny.” I said then leaned up on my tip-toes and pecked his lips.
---
We had plans to meet his friends at The Cheesecake Factory at the big shopping center in town. It was almost one when we showed up and I wasn’t really that hungry, but I know Nick was. He was always hungry for Cheesecake Factory.

On the car ride there, we discussed on whether of not to tell his friends about our married. It was either tell them or wait until Saturday. We opted for at lunch and agreed that close friends should know before.

I was led to the entrance of the restaurant with my fingers laced with Nick’s. As we approaches, I saw a small group of two guys and three girls. A smile spread across Nick’s face and he let go of my hand, confusing me. Next thing I Know, he’d taken off running toward them and leaped on one of their backs.

The guy whose back he jumped on, stumbled as Nick cried out “Joey Pants!”

I had to stop walking just to watch the scene unravel. Looking around, I noticed a few people staring at my husband. I sighed and shook my head then continued to walk up to the group. Nick was hugging the last girl when I joined. The five I didn’t know, turned and stared at me and I felt myself caving into myself.

Nick turned to me with a huge smile on his face. He glided over and draped his arm across my shoulders while I put mine around his skinny waist. “Everyone, this is Sawyer.” He introduced me first. “Sawyer, this is Joey.” He pointed to the guy he jumped on earlier. He was tan and had short dark curly hair and a friendly smile. I smiled politely at him.

“His girlfriend Dandy.” The girl he was talking about was holding Joey’s hand. She was thing with blonde hair and blue eyes. She said a short, polite “hi” which I returned.

“That’s Andrew, he’s actually taking over Loren’s job and is Rocket’s new drummer.” I was shocked seeing as I didn’t know Loren wasn’t in the band anymore. Andrew, though, lifted his hand and waved. He had curly short hair and big dark eyes. He seemed friendly enough.

“Next to him is Alicia whom is old friends with Hanley.” I smiled at the mention of my best friend. Alicia was petite with short jet black hair and black framed glasses. On her arms were sleeves of colorful tattoos.

Last but not least, is Nicole.” Nicole had redish brown hair that was pulled off to the side and tumbled over her right shoulder. She smiled at me, warm and inviting, but I still got a bad feeling by the look in her eyes.

I greeted them all and we entered the restaurant, where we were immediately sat at a table in the middle. Nick sat at the end, I sat in the middle and Alicia sat to my right. Joey was at the head of the table next to Nick. Dandy sat across from Nick, Nicole in front of me and Andrew at the end.

The usual questions were thrown at me. How old am I? Where do I live? Since I’m eighteen am I still in school? My parents actually let me live on my own at sixteen? How did Nick and I meet? Blah blah blah. The topic soon switched over to Nick’s recent tour and upcoming Warped Tour.

When our food arrived, I was leaning on Nick’s shoulder with his left fingers intertwined with mine under the table on his right leg. Nicole kept sending me death glares from across the table any time Nick would lean down and whisper something in my ear or kiss the top of my head. I was convinced she had something against me.

I ended up only ordering a slice of strawberry cheesecake because I wasn’t that hungry. I planned on stealing a few bites from Nick’s weird chicken meal anyways. As everyone finished up their meals and I squished my fork into the remaining portion of my cheesecake over and over, Nick cleared his throat. I sat up from his shoulder and looked at him.

“Guys, we have something to tell you.” He said and immediately everyone quieted down to listen to what he had to say. “Well,” He started off. “Sawyer and I got married.”

Silence. I heard someone’s eating utensil fall and clank against their plate.

“What?” Joey exclaimed with a smile. “Congrats, Man!” He said in excitement then got up and hugged Nick.

“When did this happen?” Dandy asked.

“January 16.” I said.

“Holy shit.” Andrew said through a breath.

“That was like five months ago.” Alicia said.

“Yeah, we kept it a secret from everyone.” Nick explained.

“Obviously,” Nicole said in a rude tone. I looked up at her. She looked pissed.

“Well congratulations, Man. I’m happy for you.” Joey smiled. “The both of you.”

I smiled. At least his friends approved.
♠ ♠ ♠
Damn this sucks. I was going to combine it with the chapter after this but it wouldn't really fit. Gah! I hate this chapter. So much.
On another note, thank you for commenting. I feel as if that was the first time I ever got five comments for one chapter (even though one person commented twice). I really appreciate it.<3
I've come to the conclusion that I'm either going to title the sequel "We've Lost Control" or "My Little Tornado" I'm not even going to lie, shit goes down in the sequel. I love it much more than this piece of shit I'm working with now. -__-
There's roughly nine chapters left. I'm trying to get it all out before it reaches the one year mark of when I posted the first chapter, which is September 13. I don't think it's going to happen, sad to say.

Title credit: Friends by Band of Skulls