Sequel: We've Lost Control
Status: Complete.

Your Love Will Be Safe With Me

I Got the Bottle, Baby

Even though my father had come to terms with my marriage, Nick and I ended up going home the next day in the Jeep. We would have gone home the day after with my parents, but we were getting bored and I missed my apartment. Parker, Arizona was a slow, boring town.

We got into Hollywood at around seven and lugged our luggage up to the apartment. We were pretty much over loaded with bags, but made it up in one trip. I never wanted to have to haul another suitcase around again.

Hanley was sitting on the couch when we stumbled through the door. Her eyes widened when she saw us and a smile spread across her lips. I had the same reaction even though I was exhausted from the five hour drive. She jumped up and practically charged at me with open arms.

“Oh my God1 Thought you weren’t coming home until tomorrow!” She exclaimed as we hugged each other tightly.

Nick chuckled at us then brushed passed us to get to our room. Our room. It felt so strange to say that.

“Yeah, but we got bored, so we came home today in the Jeep.” Hanley had been out there before and knew exactly what I was talking about.

“Well, I’m glad you’re home because I missed the shit out of you!” She smiled and I laughed at her excitement.

“I missed you, too.” I said genuinely.

Nick walked back out and Hanley greeted him. “Hey Nick, how was the trip?”

He looked at me then took in a big breath, “Eventful.” He said as the air left his lungs and I laughed then agreed.

“Oh, I hope it’s okay that Nick lives with us now.” I said sheepishly.

Hanley looked between us, “Oh, yeah, it’s fine. Little Santino can live here.”

He narrowed his eyes at her, “You haven’t called me that since I was seventeen.”

She smirked, “Get used to it.” She said and he groaned. It was good to be home.
---
The next morning I woke up before Nick, so I went into the kitchen and picked a yogurt out of the fridge. I was leaning against the counter in a daze thinking about everything I needed to do when Hanley walked in, ready for the day. I, on the other hand, was in an old Tegan & Sara shirt with a pair of short shorts.

“Good morning.” I said absentmindedly.

“Morning.” She said as she pulled a bagel from it’s plastic bag.

“What time do you work?” I asked just to fill the silence between us.

She glanced over at me before looking back at the toaster, “Three.” She said and I nodded while taking a bite of my strawberry yogurt, “Speaking of,” She said then turned her body fully toward me, “Allen showed me something the other day.” My heartbeat picked up “Our back door security camera caught a pretty vicious attack.” My heart now sunk as I realized that I had been fond out.

“O-oh yeah?” I asked not really knowing what to say.

She dropped the knife she was using to spread the cream cheese onto her bagel and looked at me. The knife clanked against the granite and I winced. “Why didn’t you tell me?” She sounded hurt.

I sighed as I put the plastic yogurt container down then looked down at the countertop. It was way too early for anything like this. I really didn’t need her being angry at me with everything that had happened in the past month. “Don’t take it personally, Hanley.” I said quietly as I traced random patterns in the design in the granite. “I hadn’t planned on telling anyone, but Nick freaked out when I called him and told him I couldn’t go to Boston. He took the red eye here without me knowing and saw what my face looked like.”

She looked at me sadly, “Why didn’t you want anyone to know?”

“Would you want anyone to know you couldn’t put up for yourself?” I snapped.

“No, but I would want someone to help me!” She exclaimed.

“And you would have?!” I yelled right back. “You were in Chicago, what could you have done?”

“Hey! Don’t throw this all back at me!” She continued to yell.

“Well you’re acting like I kept this from you as if you were here when it happened.” She rolled her eyes. “I’m sure if you were here when I got home I would have told you, but no one was here and I was completely alone. I was ashamed of myself! Do you know how bad that feels? It tears you up inside. Every time I looked in the mirror, I saw the bruises. It hurt, Hanley. It hurt so bad. I was terrified to leave my room! I couldn’t sleep. I couldn’t turn the light off. I almost beat Nick up with a bat. I was alone, but I don’t blame you because you didn’t know.”

She looked at me sadly once again, “You could have called me; I would have flown right back here and taken care of you.”

I shook my head, “No, I wouldn’t have done that because that damn convention was the only thing you could talk about for weeks.”

She chuckled and pulled me into a bone-crushing hug, “Silly Sawyer, always putting others in front of herself.”

I shrugged even though I was still wrapped in her arms, “I’ve been like that my whole life.”

At that moment Nick decided to make an appearance wearing only a pair of basketball shorts while he scratched the back of his head idly. He was obviously still half-asleep. “What the hell is going on in here?” He asked through a yawn.

I chuckled as I pulled away from Hanley, “Nothing, Sleepyhead. We’re just talking.” I told him and he scoffed.

“I could hear you guys with the door shut and the TV blaring some ridiculous Linkin Park song.”

Hanley laughed, “Don’t worry about it, Skinny.”

He scowled at her, “Shut up.”

She laughed again while I looked him up and down, “She’s right, you need to put some meat on your bones. If you don’t watch out you might break In half.” I joked.

“This is something I don’t need first thing in the morning!” He exclaimed then turned back toward our room.

“I’m just kidding, Babe!” I yelled after him with a laugh, but he either ignored me or really didn’t care.
---
Later that day while I was doing my laundry from the past two weeks (with Cheer), I got a text message from my mom. Confused, I dropped my jeans into the washer and picked up the phone from on top of the dryer.

‘We want to have a party for you and Nick.’

Even more confused, I wrote back a “What do you mean?” and waited for her answer.

‘For your reception.’

My brow furrowed even deeper, ‘Why? And where would you even have it?’

‘Because no one was there and the whole family hasn’t even met Nick, yet. I’ll figure out where just start inviting people for next Saturday at 2.’

Finally I just let out a confused “What the fuck?” and shut the washer, started it, then walked back into mine and Nick’s room where the latter was unpacking one of his many suitcases. “My parents want to throw us a reception.” I announced to him from the doorway.

He stopped putting the shirt in his hands on one of the hangers and looked at me, “What?”

I walked all the way into the room, “Next Saturday.”

“In Arizona?” He asked in confusion.

Still baffled, I opened and closed my mouth in shock, “I have no idea. She just told me to start inviting people.”

“What the fuck?” He asked as he continued with the shirt and hanger.

“Exactly what I said!” I exclaimed in a high-pitched voice. I was in such shock that I really had no idea what was even going on.

“Well, I guess we should start inviting people?”

I fell back onto the bed, “Who, though, will come on such short notice?”

He shrugged, “You never know. People who love us.” He continued his unpacking while I watched him.

“So… no one?” I asked from the bed while he was at the closet.

He turned and narrowed his eyes at me, “Well then I guess it’s going to be us alone.”

“Pfft. Who said I loved you?” He continued to glare, “Kidding, kidding.”
---
Come Friday night we had informed as many people we could think of that we were having a party (to be determined where, though) and told the ones who already knew about our secret that it was a reception.

Justin had flown down on Thursday and was staying with us while Halvo and the guys from The Maine came on Friday. That plus my childhood best friend and you had an apartment with eleven people. People were sleeping on the floor and fighting over the couch. It made me thankful that it was my apartment and was always guaranteed a bed.

I had known my childhood best friend, Kitty Frost, since I was four. We had been through a lot and I hadn’t seen her much in the past two years. She was a bit freaked out to say the least when I answered the door with Pat Kirch in the background throwing a fit as Rat Boy.

“What the hell is The Maine doing in your living room?” She seethed.

My eyes widened as I realized that she had no idea who I was married to, “Uhm, they’re my friends?” I asked more than said. She gaped at me as I ushered her in and shut the door. “Here, put your bag down and we’ll go talk in my room.” I said, trying to talk over Pat’s yelling and everyone else’s laughing.

“What the hell, Sawyer?” She said when we got into my room with the door shut. “How do you know The Maine?” She asked and I shrugged and I suddenly because very nervous about telling her about Nick and I.

“Well, I met them because I was on the AP Tour for a week-”

“Whoa, what the fuck? Really? Why?” She asked in half-shock/half-surprise.

At that moment, Nick decided to barge in, “Hey Babe, do you know what I did with my phone?” He asked as he looked around the room for it clearly not even realizing someone else was in the room with me.

Kitty’s eyes widened and I slapped my palm to my forehead. “Kitty, meet Nick Santino, my husband.”

Her jaw dropped as Nick looked up, finally realizing what was going on and waved sheepishly. “I could stab you right now.” She said to me. “You got married?!” She practically screeched. Nick closed the door and walked over to stand at my side where he snaked his arm around my waist lovingly.

“Yeah, on my birthday.” I held my hand out and showed her my ring.

“You hot married. To Nick Santino?” I nodded. “My mind is officially blown. I didn’t even know you were dating him.”

I cringed, “We knew each other for four days before it happened.”

She shook her head, “What a complete mindfuck.”

I looked at her sympathetically, “I’m sorry.” I apologized sincerely, but she just shrugged.

“It’s whatever. Just get me into Warped Tour for free.”

I laughed then hugged her, “I’ll see what I can do.” As long as she was accepting of it.

She chuckled as we pulled away, “Well, congratulations to the both of you.” Nick tightened his grip around my waist at her words while I snuggled into his side. I smile spread across her mouth. “As long as you’re happy, I’m happy.” I smiled and thanked her. “Now, Santino,” She pointed her index finger at him, turning completely serious. I laughed at the expression on his face, it was a mixture between fright and amusement “If you do anything to hurt Sawyer, I will personally kick your ass.” He gulped and nodded. And just like that Kitty was back to smiling. “All right, good!”
---
I was never one to give into peer pressure, especially when it came to drinking. It’s not that I was straight edge or anything, I just chose to not drink because I didn’t see the appeal. I was always curious about it which is why I accepted the first shot John poured for me. It was a shot of Don Julio tequila and it burned as it went down my throat. I felt the effect of it almost immediately since I hadn’t eaten that much that day. I kept taking more and more, though and before I knew it, I was completely inebriated.

Kitty, Kennedy, Halvo, and John were all pretty drunk, playing Super Mario Bros. on the Wii which had us all cracking up at the ridiculousness of it. Me more than others because I ended up being a happy drunk. I was acting more as if I were high than drunk, but everyone seemed to get a kick out of it. Nick, on the other hand, wasn’t drunk, but had knocked back a few beers. He said he would stay particularly sober so he could take care of me. This made everyone coo at us because he cared so much.

Sometime during the amusing game, I hauled myself up from the couch with a giggle and stumbled into the kitchen with Nick following behind me.

“Sawyer, what are you doing?” He asked seriously as I searched through the cabinets.

“I’m llllllooking for the…” I paused then turned to look at him “Cheerios.” I opened another cupboard then slammed it shut because I couldn’t find what I was looking for.

“Shh, Sawyer.” He said as he rushed over and grabbed my arms.

“No! I can’t ffffind the fucking Cheerios!” I yelled as I struggled against his grasp.

Why do you want Cheerios right now?” He asked incredulously.

“Because I’m hungry! Duh!” I giggled now.

He rolled his eyes then opened the pantry and extracted the golden box from the back. My eye s lit up, “I lllllove you sssso much right now.” I said as I took the box from him then stumbled to my right, almost eating shit in the process. His arms wrapped around my waist before I could hit the ground. I just giggled again while he sighed.

Next, I poured the Cheerios into a bowl then went to the fridge to get the milk. Luck was not on my side because we had no milk. “Hanley! How can we have no mmmilk?” I slurred. I knew Nick was watching me very carefully, analyzing my every move, but I didn’t really seem to care. I was drunk, after all. “Ohhh wellll” I said then turned around and grabbed the bottle of tequila from the counter.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa there.” Nick intervened quickly as he took the bottle out of my hand, realizing what I had planned to do. “I think you’ve had enough, Sawyer. We have to see your family tomorrow. You don’t want to be completely hungover, do you?”

I ignored what he had said as I felt myself start to sway and my eyelids grow heavy, “Babe, I’m sleepyyy.” I mumbled as I practically fell on him.

“Oh!” He gaped as my body hit his chest, “Okay, time for bed.”

He helped me change into pajamas but once I lied down, the room began to spin. “I’m gonna throw up.” I said quickly then jumped up and ran for the bathroom.

By the time I got everything out of my system, I was sweaty, crying, and had a headache. I was more sober than drunk, though. “I’m never drinking again.” I cried into the toilet as I clutched the seat and rested my forehead on right arm.

Nick (whom had stuck with me through every heave) rubbed my back, “You gotta learn somehow.” He said softly.

When I actually did get into bed, it was almost four. I was exhausted and I felt disgusting. I realized then why I really never saw the appeal of getting drunk. It wasn’t for me and I vowed to never do it again.
---
“Did I really try to mix Cheerios with tequila last night?” I asked Garrett as we sat at the table the next morning. My hangover had me hating life and just want to curl up under my covers, but I knew I had to face the day sometime.

He laughed, “Yeah, you got pretty bad.”

I cringed at the faint memory then pressed my hand to my head, “Ugh, this sucks.” I complained in a whimper.

“Here.” Hanley said as she set down a bottle of Aleve on the table.

“This is going to be the biggest fail anyone has ever seen.” I said as I fished out two small blue pills. Drink in hand, I put the pills at the back of my throat and took a gulp. Two full cups of water later, I had them down.

“You are the weirdest person I know.” Pat said as he watched on.

I raised an eyebrow at him, “Okay, Rat Boy.” He rolled his eyes and I laughed, but ended up groaning halfway through.

“Little Miss Straight Edge finally gave in.” Halvo said with a laugh as he walked into the kitchen.

I flipped him off then realized Nick walked in behind him with Starbucks. “My Love!” I cried in delight and he laughed while handing me a grande caramel macchiato. “You are my life savor right now.” I said then took a sip of caramel flavored foam.

“Sawyer, your phone is going off.” Kitty said as she passed me while she put her hair up into a messy ponytail which she pulled off quite well with her long layered chocolate colored hair.

I groaned then slowly made my way to my room. I had four text messaged when I picked it up. One was from my sister asking when we were going to leave. Two from my two friends, asking where the party was being held and the last one from my mom with the address to the place it was being held at. Rancho Cucamonga. Confused, I sent the address In a mass text to the people that were going.

When I walked back into the kitchen, most of the guys were chomping on Cheerios and Frosted Flakes. “Where the hell did you guys get the milk?!” I exclaimed clearly upset.

“It was sitting behind the tequila.” John smirked and I rolled my eyes while everyone else laughed.

“I bought it while I was out getting your coffee.” Nick explained as I approached him.

Kitty had taken my spot at the table and Nick was standing next to John leaning no the counter across the kitchen. I squeezed between them and leaned against the counter. John, being the annoying guy that he could be, nudged me with his elbow right into my shoulder. Losing my balance, I fell into Nick who in return fell into the counter next to him seeing as he was in the corner.

“Ow!” I complained as I rubbed my shoulder, “Your bony elbow probably bruised my shoulder.” Everyone laughed as he smiled cheekily at me. He obviously didn’t care that he caused me physical pain. “Anyways,” I grumbled, “we need to leave by like noon.” I announced to everyone. “Because this party is in Rancho. I do not know why.” I said.

“The fuck is Rancho?” Jared asked and I rolled my eyes.

“You would know if you were on the way to Vegas.”

“Well we should start getting ready because it’s 10:15.” Justin said.

All at once, everyone scrambled up to find a place to get ready in. I called shower first then John, then Nick. I had learned Hanley was already in the process of getting ready, so people were able to use her shower as well.
---
I was finger-combing waves in my hair trying to separate them when Nick walked in with soaking wet hair and only a towel wrapped around his waist. It was 11:10 and I hadn’t even gotten all the way dressed, yet. All I had on was a pair of tights and my black bra. My makeup on and I only had to put the flower pin in my hair for it to be done.

“You know that could have been anyone that walked in right now.” He said angrily and I looked at him in the mirror I was sitting in front of.

“Well then they would have seen me partially naked.” I said and he rolled his eyes and unwrapped the towel from his waist right as the door opened.

“Sawyer, can I- OH MY GOD!” Kitty yelled the slammed the door shut. Nick had covered himself while I looked at him in the mirror with my jaw hanging open in a mix of shock and amusement. Nick, on the other hand, was completely flushed red and embarrassed.

Suddenly I busted up laugh. “Oh my God!” I laughed as I leaned back on the carpet and clutched my stomach. “That was the funniest shit ever!” I exclaimed while trying to catch my breath.

Nick groaned, “No it wasn’t! That was embarrassing!” He quickly pulled on a pair of underwear and skinny jeans.”

“You should have looked locked the door. That’s what it’s for!” I exclaimed as if it were the simplest thing to do.

“Yeah, yeah. I didn’t exactly expect someone to walk in on me.” He was still so embarrassed.

“I guess some of us have better luck with it than others.” I smirked.

“Shut up.” He mumbled and I cackled as he proceeded to dry his hair.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was two chapters but I combined them in order to have 42 chapters. So that means the next one is the last one. I'm glad this is almost over with because that means I can post the sequel soon! Anyways, I got the tequila and cheerios idea from Craig Ferguson. I'm pretty sure that came from an episode of the Late Late Show in the Summer of 2009. What else, what else. Oh! I don't know exactly when I'll be putting up the last chapter because I'm seeing Paramore tomorrow night (which is when I was going to post it), so it might be on Monday. Who knows.

Kitty Frost

chapter title: No Vacancy by Breathe Carolina