Sequel: We've Lost Control
Status: Complete.

Your Love Will Be Safe With Me

The Road We Drove Last Night Stretched from the Desert to Las Vegas

“Can someone pass me the Ruffles?” I asked anyone in the van.

We were halfway to Vegas and quite frankly, we were all bored. It was around 1:30 and I was pretty tired. Nick and I were up until almost six talking. I packed while he sat on my bed, watching me. We ended up falling asleep in my bed and I woke up to a flash of light. When I opened my eyes, I saw Nick standing at the corner of my bed with a camera in his hands. I gaped at him and he quickly apologized, but I wasn’t upset, I was gawking at the beautiful camera in his hands. Then I realized that I had only gotten three hours of sleep.

Justin tossed me the bag of cheddar and sour cream Ruffles and I opened them.

“Thanks man.” I said then popped a chip in my mouth.

I was leaning on my pillow up against the side of the van as I practically took up the whole seat. Nick was sitting next to me with my legs laying across his lap. He was texting someone on his iPhone as I stared at him, eating my chips.

He glanced at me then back down at his phone then back at me, looking confused. I averted my gaze and blushed. He chuckled. “Why were you staring?” He asked.

“I just like watching you.” He smiled softly then went back to texting.

I sat up, making me almost be on top of him. “Who are you texting?” I asked as I leaned my head on his arm, trying to make out what he was writing.

‘That sounds good. I’m on my way to V-’ was all that was there before he stopped.

“William.”

I stared at him for a couple of seconds, “Beckett?” I asked in astonishment.

He chuckled, “Yes. We’re working out details for when I can join them on tour.” He explained.

“When exactly is that?” I questioned.

“Two weeks.” He said as he went back to texting.

I laid back down against my pillow, “How long will you be gone for?”

He looked at me and put his phone down. “A week.”

‘That isn’t so bad.’ I thought as I nodded.

The All-American Rejects’ new album was playing softly as we drove down the highway. We had just left a gas station in Barstow and wouldn’t be near any civilization for about fifty miles.

Fifteen minutes later we passed an off ramp for Ft. Irwin Road. “That road leads to an Army base.” I said as I pointed it out.

All three of their heads turned and look at it as we passed by.

“How do you know?” Halvo asked as he drove.

“My sister was married to this guy and he was in the Army. That’s where he was stationed, so they lived there. I’d stay for the weekend sometimes.” I said, “I hated that road, though.” I twisted my face up in disgust.

“Why?” Nick asked.

“Well, I hated it at night. It’s pitch black, so you have to use your highbeams and then there’s crosses on the side of the road from where people died in car accidents. It was terrible.” I shuddered.

“All because of a couple crosses on the side of the road?” Justin laughed.

“I was twelve!” I said in defense.

They all laughed and Nick leaned over and pecked my forehead. “You’re so cute.” He said with a laugh.
---
We got to the Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino at around three and checked in. Malinda had gotten three rooms for three nights. I told her that Hanley would be going, so she just got her room for three nights instead of the original two she had planned on for Hanley. Nick and I were sharing while Justin and Halvo shared the last room.

“I’d just like to let you all know that there is an American Apparel at the mall downstairs.” I said as we walked down the hallway towards our rooms. We were on the nineteenth floor and it took us a while to get there because so many people were in the elevator with us.

“Is there really?” Nick asked in excitement.

I chuckled and nodded as everyone did a fist pump. “You all are nerds.” I said as I put the keycard into the slot and opened the door.

“Oh, don’t act like you aren’t excited either.” Nick said as he followed me into the room.

We passed the bathroom (which had a huge mirror) and a poster for the movie E.T. which I found ironic since Nick had a half sleeve devoted to the movie. There was only one king sized bed and if Nick hadn’t asked me to be his girlfriend the previous night, I probably would have felt extremely awkward.

I ran and plopped down on the bed, face first in the pillows. It was so comfortable. I heard Nick chuckle then felt the mattress sink as he climbed on it and laid diagonal of me right across my back. I let out a groan as he relaxed all of his weight on me. He might look like a twig, but he was pretty heavy.

“You are so heavy.” I puffed out seeing as I couldn’t breathe.

He gasped, “You take that back!” He joked.

“I would if I could breathe.” I said then tried to take a breath in.

He laughed and got off of me. I gasped as I rolled over. He was sitting on his knees on the corner of the bed.

“Take it back!” He demanded playfully. I smiled and shook my head. He huffed. “Fine.” He said then fell on top of me, becoming a dead weight.

I laughed as I pushed at his head that was resting on the bed. “Nick!” I chuckled, but he didn’t respond and his head bounced back to where it was before. “Come on, Nick. You’re going to kill me.” I said more seriously. It wasn’t as bad as the first time seeing as I wasn’t struggling to breathe, but I was struggling a little bit.

He turned his head so he could look at me, “Say you’re sorry.” He pouted.

I rolled my eyes playfully, “I’m sorry.”

He smiled then got back up on his knees. “Thank you.” He said then leaned down and kissed me, holding his weight up by his hands. I giggled at him and smiled. He made me happy. That one kiss turned into a heated make out session as my hands roamed around his already messy hair and his did the same to mine.

After about ten minutes of an intense make out session, there was a loud knock at our door. We broke apart quickly and jumped off the bed. I caught a glimpse of my hair in the mirror above the desk next to the dresser holding a plasma flat screen. It looked terrible and my clothes were disheveled. I looked at Nick and he didn’t look any better. He straightened his button up out and started for the door.

Another knock came just before he opened the door. On the other side was Halvo with our suitcases in his hands. He looked at both of us, a bit confused. “Did you guys have sex?”

Way to be blunt about it!

I blushed profusely while Nick all but yelled “NO!” Halvo snickered as Nick grabbed the bags out of his hands and shut the door on him.

“That was embarrassing.” I said as he put the bags up against the wall next to the desk.

He looked at me sympathetically, “I’m really sorry.” He apologized.

I shrugged and sighed then pulled my phone out of the front pocket of my jeans. “Come on.” We have to go get Hanley.” I said with a smile then dragged him out of the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm SO sorry about not updating earlier! D:
I'm going to confess. This girl's family/school/a few other things are based off of me [as much as I hated doing it because I think it's creepy to write stories about yourself and a band person] it just worked. Plus this all started out from a dream I had back in like May or something. [Seriously. Justin was standing in my mom's room with a half shaven face].
So I go to Options in real life and it got really stressful these passed couple of weeks because I usually wait for the night before to do two packets of work [stupid, I know]. I got really overwhelmed because I had to do 80 pages of work and six essays.
So school has been stressful. Plus we got a new computer so I lost all of my previously typed chapters [good thing I write it on paper first] so I got really lazy about typing it.
But enough of my excuses. Here's a boring chapter. :/
Good news is that I'm currently writing chapter thirty so I will have them coming more frequently now. :]

Thanks for all the comments on the last chapter as well. It really means a lot to me. I like knowing you guys think Sawyer and Nick are cute together. :]

Title credit: MFEO: Part 1: Made For Each Other by Jack's Mannequin