Sequel: We've Lost Control
Status: Complete.

Your Love Will Be Safe With Me

You Really Wake Up the Love in Me

“So how have you been, Nick?” Hanley asked as we sat at some diner next to the airport. We were sat in a booth, Nick and I on one side and Hanley on the other.

“I’ve been great. Touring my ass off, but having the time of my life.” He smiled genuinely. His excitement made me grin.

“I knew you would make it, Kid.” She said then took a sip of her drink.

He nodded, "You did and you were right.”

She smirked, “I always am.” She said, making me laugh out loud.

“What?” She asked, startled.

“Hans, you’re never right. This was a one time thing.” I laughed.

“Oh thanks.” She said sarcastically.

“No problem.” I smiled.

“Anyways,” Hanley said, changing the subject. “You guys are visibly close. How’d that happen in four days? Sawyer is a hermit when it comes to new people.” Hanley said and I blushed.

Nick’s eyebrows raised in surprise as he looked at me, “Really now?”

Hanley nodded, "Yeah! It took her a good two weeks to get warmed up to me.”

“Really?” He looked at Hanley across the table. “It took three days before she agreed to be my girlfriend.”

Her eyes widened, making me laugh. “I knew you guys were close, but I didn’t know you were together like that.”

Nick took a hold of my hand that was resting on the table and laced his fingers with mine. “Yup. I guess I just know how to get her to warm up to me.” He said as he looked at me with a smile. I smiled back lovingly. I could see myself falling in love with this boy.

“You guys are so cute.” Hanley gushed.

“We try.” I said after I broke my gaze with Nick and looked at her.

“Not hard, but we try.” Nick added and I chuckled.

“You guys just go get married already.” She joked.

“Maybe tomorrow since I’m not legal yet.” I joked right back.

Her and Nick laughed.

“Aren’t you glad your parents decided to ditch you?” She asked.

“Thanks.” I said sarcastically and she laughed. “But yes, I’m pretty happy that I’m here right now and not there, sorry to say.”

“I’m glad too.” Nick said after he put his arm around my neck. He pulled me closer to his body and kissed the side of my head.

Awh! Honestly, guys, I should have introduced you earlier.” She said happily. “Why didn’t I take you to their show when I went back in October?” She questioned.

“Uhm, I think I had to work.”

“The Chain Reaction show, right?” Nick asked.

Hanley nodded, “Yeah. I had asked Sawyer if she wanted to go and at first she was, but then that bitch Mary called her in to work last minute.”

Nick pouted, “Mary’s a bitch. I don’t like her.”

I chuckled, “Well you don’t have to.”

“Speaking of, how did you manage to get four days off?” Hanley asked.

“Well, on Tuesday, I got fired because I was fifteen minutes late.”

Her eyes widened, “Fifteen?

I nodded, “Nick and I were up late talking and I woke up at three which was the time I had to be there.” I explained. “Nick tried to hurry down the street, but I was still late because LA traffic is a bitch.”

Her eyebrows pulled together in confused. “Nick took you? Why didn’t you drive yourself?”

I sighed, “On Monday, my car decided to die, leaving me with no form of transportation.”

Her mouth dropped open, “Damn, that sucks. What are you going to do?”

“Wait until my parents come next weekend, so I could get a new car. It’s going to be my birthday present.”

The food we earlier came and we began eating. After a few minutes of just chompin’ down on some grub, Hanley began to talk again. “So what are we going to do for your birthday?” She asked.

I shrugged, “Dinner? Maybe some shopping. I don’t know.” I stabbed the lettuce in my salad.

She frowned, “That’s no fun.”

“Well what is there to do?” I questioned.

“OH!” Nick, who had been quietly enjoying his burger, yelled. “We can go see LOVE!”

Hanley and I looked at him with wide eyes, startled by his sudden outburst.

“Don’t you think they’d be pretty sold out by now?” Hanley asked.

He sighed in defeat, “Fine. Maybe some other time.”

I patted his hand. “I promise we can go some other time.” I said and he pouted.

“Well what time is your sister supposed to be coming out?” Hanley asked.

“She said she’d leave around eleven so she’ll get here around one.”

She nodded and took a bite of her chicken tenders.

We continued to eat in silence. Suddenly, Hanley’s head shot up and she looked at me with an evil glint in her eye.

“What?” I asked cautiously.

She shoot her head, “Nothing.” She smiled and I eyes her suspiciously.

“okay…” I drawled out the “y” then went back to eating my salad, wondering what she was up to.
♠ ♠ ♠
HEY! I hate this chapter. A lot.
The next one is the best. Trust me.
Give me comments and I'll give it to you because I already have it typed out :]
You want it. Trust me.

Title credit: You Really Wake Up The Love In My by The Duke Spirit