Status: Complete. Thanks for reading. Comment if you want a sequel?

Always Be a Broken Girl

Friends With Benefits

Scar

crush: a burning desire to be with someone who you find very attractive and extremely special.

We all got our food in the food court. I paid for the girls lunch and John paid for the boys. I looked at him as he pulled out his wallet. There was something about a guy who paid for his friends that I liked. We all sat down at a table, the others forcing me to sit with John. But there was something about him that I knew would piss Drew off. I was trying to place it, my eyes fixed on him, when he felt me staring. I didn't look away. I felt Tiff's confused gaze turn to me as well as we stared at one another. I felt like my old self for that minute and a half, staring into John's eyes. He smirked and under the table, he took my hand. I didn't remove his hand but I wasn't particularly happy with it. I was trying to figure out how to bring him around Drew.

I chuckled a little too loudly when I remembered Drew had this ritual type thing where he spent about an hour in the mall, just thinking. I knew he had a pattern of stores and at what time he'd be where.

And today, was his ritual day and it just so happened to be his ritual time. I tightened my grip on John's hand and leaned in close to him, kissing his cheek. He looked momentarily stunned. But he recovered and leaned in back to me, his eyes darting to his friends' faces before kissing me on the lips. It was the first time I'd kissed anyone since Drew.

"Wanna go for a walk?" I asked him. I checked the clock. He'd be in Aeropostle, I think. I don't mean to be a bitch to John or anything but I really wanted to piss Drew off. He hurt me so badly, I wanted to unman the bastard. But that's sadly illegal. This'll work the best. Drew always told me that I was the best thing that happened to him and that it'd kill him to see me with anybody else. Let's test that theory out, shall we?

"Yeah, sounds good. Enjoy lunch, guys." John called, tossing the twins a 20 and leading me out of the food court. I kept my hand in his, the feeling of his warm palm pressed to mine. Drew wasn't big on holding hands, but I thought it was okay because I loved him. But John, his hands were warm and comforting and soft and... NO! I can't think of him like that. Thinking of John in such a manner is like thinking about fishing bait as a pet. John=Bait. You can't love bait. It's not right to get attached to something you're about to feed to fish to cook up and eat. If you like that kind of thing. I personally refuse to eat fish. Not because I'm one of those people who refuse to eat fish, although I do. I just don't like looking into the face of something I'm about to consume. I refuse to look at cows the same day as when I eat a hamburger.

"Where are we going?" he asked. I lifted up our conjoined hands and kissed his.

"Always this curious, John?" I asked flirting with him slightly. I was completely false in my teasing but I couldn't be sincere when I did this. I had to be... reckless, apathetic. I pulled John over to the wall beside Journey's and kissed him, wrapping an arm around his neck. He stepped into me, wrapped his arms around my waist. I knew what I was doing with John was the same thing Drew had done with Brighideous but he fucking deserved whatever the hell he got, whether it be heartbreak or an incurable STD.

"Mmmmm, you're a good kisser." I said to John, leaning against the wall behind me. He smiled. I couldn't lie about that, he was a good kisser. I smiled back.

"Scarlett?" There it was, that voice that once made me fall in love, fall in bed and broke my heart. I looked right behind John to Drew, that bastard and that slut of a human being, Brighideous. John turned around, his arms still around me. I stood on my tiptoes and whispered in his ear.

"Will you be my boyfriend for the next 5 minutes? That's my ex and the school slut. So please, John? For me?"

He looked at me and smiled, "how can I say no to that face?"

"You can't." I answered, he leaned down and kissed me. This was going to work out fine.Especially if he kept doing that.

"So who's this?" Drew asked me.

"Oh, Drew, this is my boyfriend John. John, babe, this is my ex-boyfriend Drew." I said. John smirked, trying not to laugh.

"How long have you been together?" Drew asked.

"About three months." John answered. I looked between the two. Drew and I broke up last week.

"Scar, can we talk?" he asked me.

"Sorry, Drew, John and I were just heading back to his dorm." I said.

"Oh, sorry." Drew cast his gaze down.

"Come on, baby." John kissed me and we headed towards the exit.

"So we should break up now, huh?" he said to me.

"Maybe not all the way, I like doing this," I said, pressing him up against a wall and kissing him, standing on my toes to kiss him and run my hands through his hair.

"That sounds like friends with benefits, Miss Gilmore."

"Are you opposed to that?" I asked.

"Why would I be, babe?" he asked. I rolled my eyes. Somehow I went from hating him to being friends with benefits with him. How does that work out, exactly?
♠ ♠ ♠
ooooooo,
haha
TyTy: it's your turn (write a chapter, pick a game)

-kayt