Status: Complete. Thanks for reading. Comment if you want a sequel?

Always Be a Broken Girl

I Can't Speak A Word

Scar

Best Friends: Someone you can totally be yourself around and not give a care in the world about your actions or feelings because they won't judge you for the stupid things you may do or say.

"Oh, Scar baby, tell us what's wrong. We're here for you." Tiff said, her voice shaky and scared. Our cell phones all sounded for a text simultaneously. I opened it and read it to myself.

Party postponed. next fri. -chelly

"That makes things easier." Nat stated and shut her phone. Tiff wiped my tears and looked at me with those shy brown eyes.

"Scarlett Gilmore!" Natalya snapped. I flinched and fresh tears sprang from my eyes. I started crying all over again.

"Way to go, Nat." Tiff hissed. I tried to stop. I did, I really did. But I couldn't. It felt as though someone had stuck me under a giant hole punch and had taken out my heart.

"I'm sorry, Scar." Nat apologized. I turned my head away from them. I didn't know why I'd texted them. Because I couldn't tell them what happened. I'd have to admit that it had in fact occurred. And I wasn't ready for that.

I felt a hand on my should, comforting and familiar. I looked back at Tiff and sat up, hugging her. I rested my head on her small frame and sniffled as she held me.

"Shhhh.... Scar, it's alright. Every little thing's gonna be alright." she sang. I smiled to myself because the Bob Marley song had been my favorite since my parents' divorce when I was six. I smiled because over the 11 years I've played it, that's the only line from Three Little Birds she actually knows.

"What happened?" Nat asked, kicking off her shoes. I let Tiff go and merely shrugged. I refused to speak of it.

"Don't just shrug at us, Scarlett." Tiff said. I shook my head and reached onto my desk, grabbing an old notebook and sighed as I wrote down the past day's events.

But it wasn't until I got to the phone call that realization hit me. I ripped the page out and crumpled it up.

I started again. This time with one sentence.

He dumped me.
♠ ♠ ♠
yeppers... Three Little Birds by Bob Marley!
ok....
have patience...
Copper Dagger doesn't have internet so it may take a little while for the next chapter to go up.

-kayt